Sebo Felix 1 Premium Reviews

Other
Weight: 14.99 lb.

“Very disappointing”

Written on: 23/09/2013

Failed within a year. Repair standard abismal and customer service poor, guarantees not honoured… Read Full Review

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“Very HEAVY and very awkward”

Written on: 25/11/2012

Very heavy and awkward to use. You must always have 2 hands available to vacuum due to bending down to adjust the height while the other holds the machine. No more vacuuming and dusting at the same time. I have all hard surface floors and a varity of area rugs. I have to lift this heavy machine up each time to the area rugs and re-adjust the height continually. The machine is too big to go under the toekicks in my kitchen or under the bed or sofa. I must have a left handed one because the… Read Full Review

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“Went shopping for a pet Dyson but bought a Sebo Felix...”

Written on: 11/07/2011

Went shopping for a pet Dyson but bought a Sebo Felix Premium, and never looked back..." We went shopping to replace our late 1990's vintange Hoover upright. Based on distribution of reviews we were set to buy Dyson pet vacuum. (The LG vacuums were considered until we saw the monster size/wieght) The first good impression of the sebo was its compact size and a power head that is as equally maneuverable as the dyson ball. Suction was actually better then the above competitor. (Especially… Read Full Review

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“I love the sebo felix but I have had a couple of...”

Written on: 04/04/2011

I love the sebo felix but I have had a couple of problems with it!
Shortly after purchase, the button on the roller head would not stay down. It was totally jammed. I rang sebo and they had someone pick it up (you have to package it securely and box it). It was promptly returned.
The same problem has just occurred and now they are trying to make me pay £55 as they claim it was fine when they received it! I went through all the checks on the phone, with the advisor from sebo and 3 adults at home… Read Full Review

Etiennesophiekayden's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2012

Exactly the same happened to me! I've just sent my 4 month old hoover back for them to look at under the 5 yr warranty - however they are saying the motor os water damaged and they don't cover that; I have carpets everywhere so god knows how I've managed to get so much water up there that it's made it short out and die! - So now they have my Vacuum and are "trying" to charge me £55 for them looking at it - I am actually fuming! And although the cleaner is very good I also will never buy a sebo again just because of this!

Kigoiuk's Comment

Written on: 29/04/2013

Looks like it is problem with the switch not working correct on this model , i have the felix model with power head and it is just 13 months old , the head has stopped working , I have tested for power down the main vac to the head conection and all is ok we have a live wire to the conection of the head , so the fault is within the head or switch , it is intermittent , sometimes it works sometimes not , they want £55 from me to send back but I will look under Goods not fit for purpose act under consumer law , the 5 year warrenty is not required every item is covered under consumer law for 6 years.

Did you know by law that youre grievence is with the supplier and not the manufacturer ?

John Lewis in my case and I payed by Credit card so I am double protected , so theres a tip always pay by Credit card

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“BEWARE! There is an issue with this product - there is...”

Written on: 17/11/2010

BEWARE! There is an issue with this product - there is a design fault with the cable. Where it enters the handle it is forced to bend at almost 90' after time it wears through and the appliance stops working. SEBO UK will fix this - for a charge - having denied it is an issue and excluding it from the guarantee.
Other than that the machine works as well as it should in this price range. It is more style over substance than anything. The hose is very short and it has a tendency to topple when… Read Full Review

Outoftown's Comment

Written on: 13/02/2013

I have had exactly the same problem with the cable and handle. It is actually dangerous, with the cable in the handle sparking and short-circuiting. This has now happened twice on our machine. As with your experience, Sebo deny all responsibility and charge to repair the handle.

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“great vacuum cleaner , makes other machines seem...”

Written on: 28/09/2010

great vacuum cleaner , makes other machines seem cumbersome to use, well screwed together, gives a serious clean and is quiet, i like the fact it has a bag, you can cap it and put it in the kitchen bin rather than running out in the rain to the outdoor bin as you do with usual bag or bagless vacuums… Read Full Review

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“This cleaner is very heavy and awkward to clean...”

Written on: 05/09/2010

This cleaner is very heavy and awkward to clean stairs. because of its large bulk it is unsteady and it has actually toppled down my stairs on its own accord when left on the top step damaging my paintwork and actually falling on me on more than one occasion.

good suction, looks nice, goes under alot of low furniture but you need to be strong to carry it… Read Full Review

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“I bought a Sebo Felix all floors which was recommended...”

Written on: 28/01/2010 by carole moore (3 reviews written)

I bought a Sebo Felix all floors which was recommended by Good Housekeeping but am very disappointed with it. It's very heavy to push around, won't pick up cotton or fluff on a rug or carpet and doesn't have great suction when on the highest setting. The parquet foot which is a brush is much smaller and quite good on hard floors but although lighter than the carpet foot is still heavy and awkward to manoeuvre especially over door threshholds. There is no handle to lift the cleaner with which… Read Full Review

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“The Sebo Felix 1 Premiums is a superb vacuum cleaner,...”

Written on: 07/04/2009

The Sebo Felix 1 Premiums is a superb vacuum cleaner, really manoeuvrable, the cleaning head is able to go under radiators, sofas, low tables, etc. without any bother. Picks up well. Makes cleaning much quicker… Read Full Review

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“Not expensive when compared to more costly cleaners...”

Written on: 05/10/2008 by Peter Barr (1 review written)

Not expensive when compared to more costly cleaners that leak dust
The Sebo Felix 1 Premium is very well engineered and the brush auto height sets according to carpet thickness and works very effectivly
This is the best vacuum cleaner we have had… Read Full Review

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“This Sebo Felix 1 Premium is an excellent vacuum...”

Written on: 30/05/2008

This Sebo Felix 1 Premium is an excellent vacuum cleaner, very efficient, strong build and great design. Easy to use with no fiddly bits. Not many things come with a free five year guarantee as standard nowadays! Great price too for such superior quality.

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“I love Vorwerk and have the Kobold 131. The only...”

Written on: 09/02/2008 by cmp (1 review written)

I love Vorwerk and have the Kobold 131. The only negative is I am the only one in the United States with the 131, it was never sold here. Bags are tough to get and caring around 25 pound 220 volt transformer was getting old. The best way to describe the Sebo Felix is it a better built more powerful Vowerk 131 0r 135 model. The design is the same, although I like the green and white Vorwerk look better. If you live in the US and love Vorwek go Sebo Felix… Read Full Review

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“We have had lodes of vacumes but find this one very...”

Written on: 20/01/2008

We have had lodes of vacumes but find this one very durable and lasts longer than two years after having many disons and just after two years they have broken this is grate and sucks every thing up no problem… Read Full Review

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“I would not be without it, it has taken 43 years or...”

Written on: 09/01/2008

I would not be without it, it has taken 43 years or married life to find my perfect Hoover I would not want to be without my Felix Sebo… Read Full Review

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“We have used Vorwerk vaccum for the past 20 years -...”

Written on: 04/08/2007 by stuartcorbitt (2 reviews written)

We have used Vorwerk vaccum for the past 20 years - they are excellent machines, last for a long time and do what they say they do. When our second Vorwerk expired, the current replacement cost of over £800 would have been ridiculous. To replace the head alone (which had broken beyond economic repair) would have cost £220, almost as much as the complete Sebo Felix. On purchase of the Sebo Felix, it was found to be more powerful, easier to use and more versatile that the Vorwek. Consumables for… Read Full Review

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“After 2 Dyson vacuum cleaners, which both broke; my...”

Written on: 07/10/2006 by naff (1 review written)

After 2 Dyson vacuum cleaners, which both broke; my Sebo Felix Premium has, to my annoyance, beat their record after only 10 weeks! In my view it is not fit for the purpose.

I would recommend something like the Sebo X4… Read Full Review

Dr X's Response to naff's Review

Written on: 23/04/2007

With regards to using it without the foot, the idea is that you do not try and stand the Felix upright without the foot on. Of course you will damage it if you do this. That is why the handle is telescopic so when the body is separated it can be laid down on the ground like a cylinder vac.

Ukconsumer75's Response to naff's Review

Written on: 02/01/2008

The cylinder part is not supposed to be laid down at all; the electrostatic filter all around the cylinder part gets very hot and there's a fear that it may burn whatever you're lying the cylinder on. In fact if you look at the manual and videos online (available at Sebo as well as you tube) you can see that the hand held part is supposed to always be hand held and not laid down.<P>
The whole idea of using it in the car is to leave in the upright position - and the motor brush turns off at this point as you know - and use the hose supplied. Sebo also sell an extension hose which you may not have got when you bought your Felix. This is what I use to get extra reach into our estate car.

Ukconsumer75's Response to naff's Review

Written on: 01/01/2008

The Felix isn't a full size vacuum though but with it standing up and use of the 6 metre extension hose I've had no problem cleaning out the car...

Sebo Felix 1 Premium

“Having endured other 'leading brands' vacuum cleaners,...”

Written on: 22/01/2006 by MichaelWhatling (5 reviews written)

Having endured other 'leading brands' vacuum cleaners, which let us down (you can guess who). We were recommended to Sebo by a friend (frankly we had never heard of them). We looked on this site and saw other reviewers appeared to be happy. We looked on the Sebo website and noticed that they have won a few 'Good Housekeeping' awards, and decided to 'go for it'.

They are not cheap (but we have been down that route before!), but the Sebo Felix Premium is 'the business'. It is self propelled… Read Full Review

364225_Richardwescott's Response to MichaelWhatling's Review

Written on: 04/05/2008

michael, you have saved me a trip to Amersham, possibly 10 pounds and a whole lot of upset when I found the DC04 i was going to buy wouldn't be up to the job.
<br/>
<br/>Should you choose to buy any electrical products in the future, i would be much obliged if you would forward me a copy of your review. I think perhaps you should start your own site. Best regards and happy hoovering!