Vauxhall Cavalier V6 Reviews

Vauxhall Cavalier V6 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Cavalier V6

Vauxhall Cavalier V6
Vauxhall Cavalier V6

“Possibly the best car vauxhall ever built, mine was an...”

Written on: 01/02/2011 by BertieBasset (1 review written)

Possibly the best car vauxhall ever built, mine was an early model I brought it with 80k on the clock at 2 and a bit years old, ex fleet car which had not been looked after I got it at trade price, but it needed an exhaust and water pump still a good deal! I wound the mileage to 160k in 3 yrs the only thing it needed was the water pump replacing again it never failed an MOT, but I did follow all the service intervals.

I miss that car, it was so practical.

“In terms of its around town fuel consumption it more...”

Written on: 28/07/2008 by brucegoss (1 review written)

In terms of its around town fuel consumption it more than redeems itself when on the motorways as it is relatively good on long trips. Without the stop start driving. Holds the road nicely and doesn't bounce around the way many cars do. The driver has a very safe connected feeling when steering. Can't be beaten. But then I have always been a fan of the vauxhal, my experience coming about in part from driving the Opel Kadett around on african roads… Read Full Review

“I owned my v6 Vauxhall Cavalier red top for 5 years...”

Written on: 25/04/2008

I owned my v6 Vauxhall Cavalier red top for 5 years and if it wasn € t for the fact that I went on incapacity and couldn € t afford to keep it sitting idle, I would still have the car today. I am still looking for one that was as perfect as the one I had, I would recommend one to anybody, most of the cars I have owned were either v6 or straight 6, and the cavalier still comes out on top!… Read Full Review

386631_Brucegoss's Comment

Written on: 28/07/2008

I agree with this review because...I have had the same thing happen to me with my auto stalling. No probs, thats a minor blip when you have a car with this kind of performance. When I first drove mine I was a bit dubious about the auto box. But as soon as I put my foot down that was it. The nice thing is it looks and sounds pretty standard that is - until you give it more hooligan juice then whoa man.

“Bought my V6 off E-Bay for £580,had to replace rear...”

Written on: 17/12/2007

Bought my V6 off E-Bay for £580,had to replace rear dics but for the price i was happy with it.
Had never driven one before, previous cars were nissan 200 sx, celica gti,nissan 200sx again and now this.
Was a bit sluggish in lower gears until I learnt how to drive it properly. The tall gears throw you off at first but once used to them are good.
First thing I did to mine when I bought it was an induction kit because I love the roar it gives, sounds like a scooby running lean...well… Read Full Review

“I bought the Vauxhall Cavalier V6 after I could not...”

Written on: 04/01/2006 by Roger Y (1 review written)

I bought the Vauxhall Cavalier V6 after I could not find a Scorpio of any worth, I took this car for a test drive still a bit unsure, I went out for a decent drive, and to be fair, I found my self really enjoying the feel of the cavvy, the power took me by suprise, but so easy to handle, a pleasure with a bit of snap!!

Driving down a large dual carriageway, put my foot down a bit, well if I'm buying the car I want to know its not gonna blow up under pressure, Great, around an island to return… Read Full Review

Guy Millar's Response to Roger Y's Review

Written on: 23/01/2006

I would agree with all the above. When I went to look at my car I got in and went down this very wet road and was totally blown away by its speed. I fell for all its charm. Sadly today 23-01-06 I have been told by a local Vauxhall dealer that the head gasket has gone and I face a bill for £2000. Everyone who sees the car always says how lovely it is. If anyone can tell me how I can get this done for a lot less money I would be grateful.

431116_Biggermick's Response to Roger Y's Review

Written on: 09/01/2009

IVE HAD A FEW CAVVYS-EVERY MK2&3 MODEL YOU CAN THINK OF EXCEPT THE V6! MOVED ON TO VECTRAS(WISH I HAD'NT!) UNTIL RECENTLY WHEN AN HGV TRYED TO PARK IN THE BOOT OF THE VECTRA SRI! AS I NEED A CAR EVERYDAY I GOT THE PAPER FIRST CAR I SPOTTED JUST 5 MILES AWAY FOR £350 WITH T&T-A V6 CAV BEST CASH SPENT IN A WHILE TOOK THE CAR FOR A GOOD DRIVE WITH TRACTION CONTROL OFF CAR SPUN THE TYRES IN THIRD WITH JUST A PUSH ON THE THROTTLE! FOUND A LONG PRIVATE ROAD!!! 160MPH ACHIEVED NO PROBLEM SMOOTH WITH NO SHAKES GOT A SET OF KONI'S FITTED LOWERED 40MM MEGA FUN BUY ONE IF YOU GET THE CHANCE.

233809_Mcgowan's Response to Roger Y's Review

Written on: 13/03/2006

alright mate... in have recently bought a cavalier v6 of a mate but that so called mate took all the papers wiv him when he suddenly moved out of town... im selling it for £275 at the moment. it truly is a breath taking experience driving it but it is too much to insure... i thought selling it to someone who already has a v6 would appreciate it more. You can email me on mcgowan1988@hotmail.com. its in cracking nick and i thought i would inform you of it as i am soon to be putting it through the auctions... try and get hold of theem as soon as you can.. yours tom mcgowan

231455_Ibwaheemi's Response to Roger Y's Review

Written on: 27/02/2006

I bought a cav v6 auto for £150 but it had a cracked windscreen, an over heating problem (thermostat needed removing and not replacing!!!) and the alternator needed reconditioning and a full service. I thought i was throwing away money on a car i hadn't driven. I was so glad that i did.

231455_Ibwaheemi's Response to Roger Y's Review

Written on: 24/02/2006

I thought i was the only cavalier V6 auto driver left. This car is a classic.