Gamo Round Lead Balls .177 Reviews

Gamo Round Lead Balls .177 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gamo Round Lead Balls .177

Gamo Round Lead Balls .177
Gamo Round Lead Balls .177

“Gamo lead BB. Spherical or not?”

Written on: 30/01/2013 by Colso (1 review written)

I bought these BB after an exhaustive search for any other make of lead BB for use in my Baikal MP651-KC as this has a rifled barrel and shouldn't be used with steel equivelants. The magazine is the circular type used in many Airguns. I found that many of these BB are not perfectly spherical possibly due to the fact that being lead and not steel,they are more prone to damage possibly in transit as they rub against each other in the tin. It's pretty much unavoidable. However it causes them to… Read Full Review

“Terrible in a rifle..”

Written on: 15/05/2012 by Beer010 (1 review written)

I bought a can of these to use in my 600fps breakbarrel rifle. Most of them are not full-bore, so you waste a lot of power and the accuracy is flatout terrible. I can hit pennies at 25 meters with normal pellets, with these however i get about 15 inch groups. Seriously, you wouldn't hit an elephant with it from point blank. Great for 5-10 yards in a co2 pistol or something like that, but if you're looking for any kind of accuracy in a rifle, don't buy these… Read Full Review

“Well there cheap but for for acurate shooting not the...”

Written on: 20/08/2008

Well there cheap but for for acurate shooting not the best in the market… Read Full Review

“GENERAL COMMENTS: ”

Written on: 13/11/2007 by Marlon James (9 reviews written)

GENERAL COMMENTS:
What more can I say? They enter the barrel easily. Some pellets deform slightly if the the shoulder or shirt is too wide when loading. Pellets don't always get placed straight in & lazy as I can get I'll just shove it in and seat it w/ my Beeman pellet seater.
On small pests there is over penetration, definitely, especially with sportster or magnum models. Which may have to be followed up by a humane finishing shot.

I've spent many times shooting at a variety of target media… Read Full Review

“I bought these for my Gamo P-23 air pistol. They...”

Written on: 01/11/2007 by patgreen123 (26 reviews written)

I bought these for my Gamo P-23 air pistol. They performed much better than regular steel bb's and they shot just as good as the regular pellets out of that gun with the added ability of multiple shot without reloading. I didn't try them in an air rifle because I use regular pellets in all my rifles. They hit way harder than steel bb's because of the increased weight. They are also way more accurate because they are full bore (.177) vs. .175 for steel bb's… Read Full Review

446529_Ash1987's Response to patgreen123's Review

Written on: 09/03/2009

I also have a p.23 i only recently brought it but was sold the steel bbs when i got it, since then have been back and told i should be using lead (otherwise the rifeling will wear down) which i agree is alot better perfomance wise, only thing is since i have been using them the gun seems to be sticking alot more, is this a regular problem - any help would be appreciated ?

“So after searching all over for these pellets...”

Written on: 18/07/2007 by gamoshadow1000 (11 reviews written)

So after searching all over for these pellets desperate to get them I finally found them, only to find out they aren't as good as I thought they would be.
They are ok in pistols but when I tested them in my rifles they are useless… Read Full Review

“A great alternative to High pwer BB guns like the...”

Written on: 18/12/2006 by amurrayx (48 reviews written)

A great alternative to High pwer BB guns like the Crosman and Daisy pumps. Even works in BB pistols. Better power compared to BBs… Read Full Review

“I bought these to shoot in my Gamo P-23. They worked...”

Written on: 04/12/2006 by markabnc (4 reviews written)

I bought these to shoot in my Gamo P-23. They worked great and since I shoot at a steal trap they are alot safer than BB's. I got a lot more mess on my hands with these round balls. It may have been lubricant or lead dust ?? I don't know.

But the thing that blew me away was when I tryed them in my Gamo Viper rifle. They are equal to or better in accuracy than anything I have shot. At 10 meters I shot my best group ever (so far anyway). It was a hair less than .25 inches c.t.c.

I also… Read Full Review

“I use the Gamo Round Lead Balls in my Baikal Makarov,...”

Written on: 30/12/2005 by bchandley (8 reviews written)

I use the Gamo Round Lead Balls in my Baikal Makarov, as although it is a BB gun, it has a rifled barrel.
These lead balls grip the rifling and cause no damage to the internals of the pistol, plus because of the weight, hit very hard indeed.

It would be interesting to see how they would perform in an air rifle but really dont want to risk them in my AA TX200.
If anyone else can try these in a cheap rifle, or even has the guts to try them in a decent one please let me know the results as in… Read Full Review

Vinceb's Response to bchandley's Review

Written on: 28/03/2006

There is an article at the following link that states how pellets perform compared to round balls http://pyramidair.com/site/articles/pellets-vs-round-balls/

Henkie's Response to bchandley's Review

Written on: 29/01/2007

You say that you don't dare to shoot them with your rifle, but Gamo also tested them with a Gamo Hunter 890. If this will cause any damage to your barrel or whatever, Gamo will tell that I think.
<br/>
<br/>I have a Gamo CF-X myself, and the Gamo Round's works well on this. I shot groups of 1 cm with it on 30 meters.

252727_Shadowsniper's Response to bchandley's Review

Written on: 26/07/2006

i used them in an airforce talon and a gamo shadow and shot fifty in each and it didn't lead up to bad but definitely clean after 200 especially in rifled barrels.