Dunlop & Donnay 65i Reviews

Dunlop & Donnay 65i - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“So far, so good.”

Written on: 24/05/2014 by kuSoto329 (1 review written)

I bought a TP12 driver for a tenner and am driving well with it. Disregarding the technical arguments, it feels comfortable and gives me confidence in driving the ball cleanly, straight and a fair distance. I like the weight and flex of the club. For a tenner I'm not going to gripe about it. I'm realising that psychology's an important aspect of golf… Read Full Review

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“Seriously, dont waste your money! These clubs are...”

Written on: 19/03/2011

Seriously, dont waste your money! These clubs are truly awful and you would be much better off going to your local PGA Golf Professional who can make sure you are set up with a set of clubs that will help you play the game rather than mess your game up!!

Shafts are far too whippy if you hold onto the head and the grip you can physically twist the club around, imagine what is happening when you are actually swinging! Components are pretty bad too.

Your local golf pro has been trained to look… Read Full Review

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“Not bad clubs if you make sure to stay away from the...”

Written on: 05/12/2009 by dancza (6 reviews written)

Not bad clubs if you make sure to stay away from the graphite ones! Had a set a while back and they were AWFUL! Get steel shaft instead as these are far more reliable and instantly kills the "Whippyness" of the graphite.
Also be sure to stay away from the graphite drivers.. Those are catastrophically bad.. again try if you really HAVE to.. get a steel driver.. it still wont be great but for £8 its not a bad way to start golf
The main problem is that there are a lot of golf snobs out there that… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“These clubs are a waste of time and money you will...”

Written on: 12/06/2009

These clubs are a waste of time and money you will never get better if you buy these, i bought a set when i just started out 3 years a go and was happy hitting my driver 175 as i got better i spent £ £ £ £ on lessons to get more power and spent hours every day working on my swing, i still can't hit the driver past 175, just bought a set of cleveland cg tour irons and i hit the 6 iron170, the trouble is WITH the dunlops the shafts are only good if you have a very slow swing due to the torque… Read Full Review

470710_Dutts72's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2009

hehe, all u had to do was change the shaft, cheaper then buying a new set

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“Very pleased with the Dunlop & Donnay 65i set overall....”

Written on: 24/03/2009 by Papadon (1 review written)

Very pleased with the Dunlop & Donnay 65i set overall. Shafts are longer than my Howson clubs were, and this may be what is contributing to my getting more distance from them. The shafts flex a bit more than the steel shafted Howson's, but again I've found no discomfort from this.

Good beginner set, comfortable to use and generally very forgiving… Read Full Review

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“I bought these clubs as a starter set for pennies from...”

Written on: 28/10/2007 by auxradar (3 reviews written)

I bought these clubs as a starter set for pennies from sports world. They were very good for hacking my way round the golf course and I've had them until now where I'm a handicap of 15. I didn't like the driver from the offset so splashed out and bought myself a Cobra 454 and have since went on to a Callaway ft 3 which is on offer at the moment at a reputable US based British golf site ( I don't want to advertise) back to the clubs. As a beginner club they will show you no mercy and you… Read Full Review

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“You get what you pay for. If your a beginner who...”

Written on: 16/01/2007 by jowbe (1 review written)

You get what you pay for. If your a beginner who doesn't want to make a huge investment their ok.
A set of clubs that can get a lot more players on the course… Read Full Review

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“Great clubs (except driver) good value for money...”

Written on: 28/11/2006 by chrissy901 (1 review written)

Great clubs (except driver) good value for money (except driver) and perfect for accuracy (except driver) happy golfing :)… Read Full Review

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“I, like many others bought these clubs due to their...”

Written on: 25/09/2006 by stevet38 (1 review written)

I, like many others bought these clubs due to their price, and with a name like Dunlop I expected quality. However, all is not what it seems, after a couple of uses, the head on my 7i came loose. Many others seem to have had the same issue. I thought about taking it back, but for the sake of 5 quid I decided to fix it myself. I removed the shaft, sanded, files and cleaned the end and drilled the old glue from the core of the shaft. I did the same to the head. Using Araldite Rapid ( as advised… Read Full Review

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“As an absolute beginner I was not very keen to spend...”

Written on: 15/09/2006 by sarungi (1 review written)

As an absolute beginner I was not very keen to spend GBP 200.00, or more on golf clubs. I luckily bumped into the Dunlop & Donnay 65i 65i 12-sets golf clubs at World of Sports for GBP 66.00, and my daughter convinced me that I should buy them. Probably the best GBP 66.00 I have ever spent. One of my friends, who is a very keen golfer tried the 7I and the driver (he's got a + GBP 400.00 set of clubs) and he was very much impressed. I do not know much about golf yet, all I know that these… Read Full Review

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“As you might've gathered, I'm a complete golf novice...”

Written on: 09/09/2006 by samwisesampson (1 review written)

As you might've gathered, I'm a complete golf novice and have been looking for a decent set of clubs to start me off. I saw a deal in Soccer World and managed to pick a full set of Dunlop & Donnay 65i clubs (plus loads of extras) up for 73 of your English pounds!! I've had them out on the driving range and out for a few rounds. They are all you need, if you are just starting off. I got a few of my vastly more experienced golf buddies to road test them. They were suitably impressed.

Like I… Read Full Review

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“Dunlop & Donnay 65i Golf Irons are nice to use but the...”

Written on: 24/08/2006 by Golfbeginner (1 review written)

Dunlop & Donnay 65i Golf Irons are nice to use but the Club shafts come loose and as a result cause the fibre glass shafts to break. I'm very disappointed with the purchase I made and don't know how to contact Dunlop about this, as the shop I purchased the clubs from, has closed down… Read Full Review

Peter Jubb's Response to Golfbeginner's Review

Written on: 30/10/2006

Go to Sports World. I purchased a set of Dunlop & Donnay 65i golf irons from them in June. I used them twice a week until this weekend when the 7i head parted company from the shaft. Manager very helpful, offered me a full refund, or, as the Dunlop 65i no longer stocked, (I wonder why) to make up the difference on an alternative but slightly more expensive set. Took the latter, as whilst they were OK I was very pleased with them.

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“There seems to problems with the glue used on the...”

Written on: 12/06/2006 by MisterCee (1 review written)

There seems to problems with the glue used on the Dunlop and Donnay 65i irons. The heads on the irons are either loose or off completely . I've hardly used them. Have contacted Sportsworld. Awaiting their comments.
Can the heads be rivetted?… Read Full Review

Uh04215Golf's Response to 246875_MisterCee's Review

Written on: 08/10/2006

Have Sports World responded to your questions?

Peter Jubb's Response to 246875_MisterCee's Review

Written on: 30/10/2006

Take the Dunlop & Donnay 65i golf irons back. They have to either offer your money back or exchange them for an alternative set. This brand is no longer stocked, better clubs are.

☆☆☆☆☆
Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“Thought the Dunlop & Donnay 65i clubs were a bargain...”

Written on: 25/04/2006 by robert sneddon (1 review written)

Thought the Dunlop & Donnay 65i clubs were a bargain but are now no use as they are falling apart.I will be complaining to manufacturers, have never had any problems with previous clubs… Read Full Review

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“I bought the Dunlop & Donnay 65i golf irons at Sports...”

Written on: 23/04/2006 by NewGunner (9 reviews written)

I bought the Dunlop & Donnay 65i golf irons at Sports World, they very good value with 80% off the retail price of £239.00.
They are a good solid club with a slightly wider face which should make it easy to hit the ball with!
Also a bit heavier than my first cheap Pinseeker half set
I have only had them for a while so still need to get completely comfortable with them. So far so good!… Read Full Review

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“Dunlop & Donnay 65i were the first set of clubs I have...”

Written on: 21/12/2005 by anddyye (1 review written)

Dunlop & Donnay 65i were the first set of clubs I have bought and they are proving their worth. I looked around at other sets in the value of £200+ and wasn't prepared to pay that much as a beginner, then I came across the Dunlop 65i's and for £80. I managed to pick up a 1W, 5W, DI, 2-9I, PW, LW and a putter. With the driver I can hit 200+ yards and with the Irons I can achieve plenty of altitude, as a begginer I do hit some suspect fade/slice shots but don't know how much of this is down to… Read Full Review

Flygirl's Response to anddyye's Review

Written on: 08/02/2006

I too have just bought myself 4 of the Dunlop 65i clubs, including a driver 3,5 and 7 iron... ladies clubs at that as well..and I'm finding them fantastic...excellent product!!

234971_Stuartrayner's Response to anddyye's Review

Written on: 21/03/2006

Just bought the 65i seven iron from Sports World to start replacing my aging bats. Probably the best £3.50 I have ever spent.
<br>
<br>Its not a long hitter, but its very forgiving and deadly accurate. And thats where it counts, for me at least.

Bob Oldroyd's Response to anddyye's Review

Written on: 28/02/2006

I have been playing golf for the last 15 years and have 'the bug', which has included buying the latest driver etc. My wife has decided that she would like to play as well and as an affordable starter set i bought her a set of Dunlop 65i irons, driver, 3, 5, & 11 woods. In just three sessions at the range she is hitting her new clubs consistantly straight and building on her best drive, so far, of 100mtrs. I have also used her clubs on the range and found the irons to have a good 'sweet spot' and they hit consistantly. I was also impressed with the woods. I am a big hitter and use a Taylor Made R5 560 worth in the region of £300. I can honestly say that using my wifes 'ladies' 65i driver I was no more than 15 - 20 mtrs behind the Taylor Made club that cost over £250 more. Is 15 mtrs worth £250?
Definitely an excellent value for money, performance set of clubs, I can't see any 'starter set' being any better.