Belkin F5D7633-4UK Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Belkin F5D7633-4UK - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Belkin F5D7633-4UK

Belkin F5D7633-4UK

“The Belkin F5D7633-4 has been my broadband...”

Written on: 30/12/2009 by NeilW2 (4 reviews written)

The Belkin F5D7633-4 has been my broadband modem/router for two years, give or take. It has its irritations, but is generally reliable. It's used with three wired Ethernet computers and two or three wireless laptops. The router part is fine, never a problem. For the first few months, the ADSL modem was crashing every couple of days, but a software restart would cure it each time. More recently, it's been more reliable, only needing a restart every few weeks. As noted by other reviewers, the… Read Full Review

Belkin F5D7633-4UK

“Ive tried Netgear, U.S Robotics, EchoLife...”

Written on: 05/05/2009 by martintechnician (1 review written)

Ive tried Netgear, U.S Robotics, EchoLife 520b(provided by ISP), and all cannot come close to this particular Belkin model of modem router, granted similar ADSL modems by Belkin have given rise to some problems I have had the misfortune to encounter, but Belkins' customer support soon resolved any issues with it.

I understand some users or owners of the said modem may well have encountered a long list of problems, but with the RIGHT firmware, my belkin has seen me through 3 isps and has been… Read Full Review

Belkin F5D7633-4UK

“The Belkin F5D7633-4UK was a good choice because it...”

Written on: 11/02/2009 by myuser (1 review written)

The Belkin F5D7633-4UK was a good choice because it was cheap. But now you can buy (much) better products with same money. Easy to set up; support PPTP vpn; cheap. Bad points are: Unstable. Buffer size seems not enough. You must reset it often (power off / wait 10 seconds / power on).
Doesn't support WPA2. Doesn't support dynamic dns services (obviously you can use a client on your pc)
Terrible firmware support and upgrade/downgrade functions.
Embedded firewall is useless (but who care?)… Read Full Review

Belkin F5D7633-4UK

“With new software there are no problems, it is...”

Written on: 03/01/2009 by rp549 (3 reviews written)

With new software there are no problems, it is reliable especially with Skype phones, never had a down day in 4 years, have now installed 6 units and all work well.

Excellent bit of kit but DO make sure you download and install latest updates otherwise it may not work with some phone systems. Using with Open DNS also seems to have benefits and attempted hacks seem reduced… Read Full Review

Belkin F5D7633-4UK

“Since changing my isp to UK Online I wanted a modem...”

Written on: 21/03/2006 by bigbob007 (1 review written)

Since changing my isp to UK Online I wanted a modem router that would match the performance and speed of my connection, given that the Belkin F5d7633-4UK supports ADSL+2 and upto 125mbps it was the top of my list. I've used a conexant 4 port modem and a Dlink 2100 access point in the past and been satisfied with them but I wanted an all in one box solution ,given that the Belkin came bundled with the matching pci card for £75 from Dabs was a bonus. I live over 4km from my exchange and get a… Read Full Review

Belkin F5D7633-4UK

“The Belkin F5D7633-4UK wireless router was very quick...”

Written on: 21/02/2006 by Julabubs (3 reviews written)

The Belkin F5D7633-4UK wireless router was very quick and easy to get connected to the internet, and has the firewall settings secure by default. It is a fairly cheap ADSL router from a large known manufacturer. (This doesn't always mean good support).

The firmware is very unstable, especially when the wireless system is active. The firewall logs only last for a few minutes, stopping you being able to check if you are under attack. You can view the configuration setup without having to enter a… Read Full Review

Belkin F5D7633-4UK

“I chose Belkin because I have some of their other...”

Written on: 09/12/2005 by Zeb4 (9 reviews written)

I chose Belkin because I have some of their other products. They also use the same wireless system manufacturer as my new laptop wireless, so should be better for compatibility. The supplier also included a free (usually £25) Belkin PC wireless board as part of the deal, which I would have had to buy anyway.
The Belkin F5D7633-4UK router has four ethernet ports, which I don't really need, apart from the initial setup, which is best done via an ethernet cable connection. There may be other… Read Full Review

Ppham93's Response to Zeb4's Review

Written on: 22/01/2006

Listen, I am a full time IT engineer and work a lot with wireless things. This one is the worst I have ever dealt with. Literally spent nights just getting things in range in the client's office, btw client NIC's were Belkin, so no manufacturer incompabilities. Even with desktop antennas, the range and signal were poor. I never managed to get more than 3 bars with speed constantly changing between 1mbps and 36 mbps, after I changed to Frame Burst mode.
Finally I ended up replacing it with a Cisco Aironet 1231 and all problems were gone. 125 mbps speed? That's a lie. I only got that speed at point blank. Then I took it back home and tried replacing my old D-Link DWL-900AP+ (802.11b). Bad choice... I just can't get it working at 125 mbps.
Don't buy it, unless you are a masochist or have too much money to launder.
PS: you know what, when using it as a pure access point, you can't set the IP default gateway, no joke.