Holts Tyreweld Reviews

• Quality of design/construction?

Holts Tyreweld - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Holts Tyreweld

Holts Tyreweld
Holts Tyreweld

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Tried to use this after my rear tyre deflated courtesy...”

Written on: 13/01/2011

Tried to use this after my rear tyre deflated courtesy of a large pothole. Followed the instructions, took ages for the gunk to inject into the tyre. No visible inflation so I tried driving as instructed but after a couple of miles realised that this wasn't working and had in fact shredded the tyre beyond repair.

This product is useless… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 26/07/2011

I Dont think this product would work on a tyre damaged so severly by a pothole it is a punture repair not a tyre rebuild!!!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 01/12/2011

Your supposed to blow the tyre up after applying the tyre weld Duh!

“I am age 71. Had a flat tyre in the snow, tried to use...”

Written on: 30/12/2010

I am age 71. Had a flat tyre in the snow, tried to use the container Tyre Weld held as emergancy repair, there was little or no presure from it, spent ages as the white latex slowly went in but no tyre inflation, took wheel off and took it to Kwick fit who could not repair had to have a new tyre and tracking done cost £95. I belive that the Tyre Weld was able to repair temporary but did not work, waste of time having it if that is all they do… Read Full Review

“Only had a slow puncture, followed instructions. NONE...”

Written on: 24/05/2010

Only had a slow puncture, followed instructions. NONE went in the tyre, all came out of the top of the can… Read Full Review

“Tyreweld did not work for us. Got a puncture on my...”

Written on: 02/03/2010

Tyreweld did not work for us. Got a puncture on my motorbike, and this stuff didn't work, instead it spewed liquid on my bike and the road behind for miles. didnt solidify to block the hole at all. Zero rating. Had to stop at nearby garage (7kms away) to check; tyre pressure near zero and still the liquid hadnt solidified to block the hole! Should have got a refund; cost $17 NZD… Read Full Review

“Had this in the car for an emergency. When I got a...”

Written on: 28/01/2010 by nicluijos (1 review written)

Had this in the car for an emergency. When I got a flat tyre I used it, thought it did a great job. Problem came when I took the car to get the tyre repaired. I was told that it was not possible to repair the tyre after using tyreweld, and I would have to buy a new tyre (£66+ vat).

I did read the instructions before using this product, and it was not made clear at all that the tyre would be unrepairable after using.

Just beware..... It's a costly product, when you take… Read Full Review

Borisl's Response to nicluijos's Review

Written on: 29/01/2010

I found this review helpful because I was in the same situation. My opinion, garage is interesting to sell the new product that's why they try to assure us that the tyre is not repairable. IMHO

“It says for use in 4 wheel drive tyres, well I used in...”

Written on: 28/12/2009 by stnick (1 review written)

It says for use in 4 wheel drive tyres, well I used in on a average sized wheel barrow tyre and it did absolutely nothing, zip, zero, zilch. So how is it meant to have enough pressure to fill a 4 wheel drive type because it beats the heel out of me.
This is either the biggest con job or just a complete dud. It did not have the capacity to seal the tyre nor inflate it.
I think it should have a warning label to say if tyre bead is broken ( when most flat tyres do do that ) that this product will… Read Full Review

“I used Holts Tyreweld on a fairly new tyre, it got me...”

Written on: 22/09/2009

I used Holts Tyreweld on a fairly new tyre, it got me to the garage where I was told that I would need a new tyre as the product destroyed them as it made them irreparable. They showed me the inside of the tyre they took off with all of the residue from the foam and said from experience it takes too long to try to get the stuff off and even when they do, a repair doesn't stick to it. Had to pay £57 for a new tyre!!!!! Think this product should come with a warning at the least… Read Full Review

Nicluijos's Comment

Written on: 20/01/2010

I found this review very helpful because... I have just got 4 new tyres (at some expense!!), and would not like to have the same problem. So this product is being kept for a REAL EMERGENCY. It would be cheaper for me to join a rescue service and get them to change the tyre if needed.....

“Useless! Followed directions on can, removed nail,...”

Written on: 19/08/2009

Useless! Followed directions on can, removed nail, etc. Drove the six to ten miles. Could see all this white foam being thrown out of puncture hole. Didn't seal hole, didn't work, would have been better to leave nail IN! A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY - USELESS!… Read Full Review