Renault Kangoo 865 1.9D Reviews

• Practicality

• Reliability

Renault Kangoo 865 1.9D - Ask a question now

“Superb small van”

Written on: 21/08/2011 by lightning (21 reviews written)

I bought my Kangoo Van new in 2000, and it was a superb little van. I never had any trouble with it in over 100,000 miles and after I sold it the new owner abused it for 3 years before it finally died. My van was actually the 1.2 petrol version, and it was a real honey, so eager to push the van along despite it's small size. As the mileage went up it got better, being noticeably faster after 50,000 miles had gone under it's wheels. I only sold it because I fancied a new van after 8 years, to be… Read Full Review

“I love my Renault Kangoo! Y reg and still no major...”

Written on: 27/09/2008

I love my Renault Kangoo! Y reg and still no major work been done. (It is the car not the van but still 1900cc which Renault should never have got rid of!) Comfortable and good to drive even for long distances. I have loved having this car and would definately recommend it! If they still made the higher cc engine I would probably have bought another one! I usually take mine for servicing to a private garage as Renault charge the earth and it was a relief at the end of the warranty!… Read Full Review

“I have driven my 2000W Renault Kangoo 665D for over...”

Written on: 22/08/2008

I have driven my 2000W Renault Kangoo 665D for over 130,000 miles, having bought it with 50k miles at auction.
So, in 180,000 miles, it has only required servicing and routine item replacement. It still has its original clutch, shockers and alternator! Think about that.
After frankly failing to find the Renault Service departments believable, I service my own Renault. The Full sevice can be correctly carried out in 45 minutes and costs about 40GBP to do. No, not 230GBP - 40GBP. Am I making… Read Full Review

“I am going to try to claim against Renault UK - as a...”

Written on: 10/06/2006 by Clive Parrish (1 review written)

I am going to try to claim against Renault UK - as a qualified mechanic I have completed all repairs to my Kangoo using Renault parts but this job has still cost me £1500 plus my labour & vehicle hire.

Has anyone else had gearbox problems at low mileage?… Read Full Review

Hdawson's Response to Clive Parrish's Review

Written on: 22/06/2006

The Renault Master vans are also well known for lunching their gearboxes at 50/65,000 miles.
<br>Of course Renault deny all knowledge of this!

Guest's Response to Clive Parrish's Review

Written on: 27/06/2012

hi, i have just last week been given a 12 reg kangoo for my work duties. it has less than 1000 mile on the clock (978) and today after a weeks driving the clutch is u/s. there was a burning smell in the cab before the clutch broke, i mean come on less than 1000 miles and my new works van requires a major fix............................

John Raf's Response to Clive Parrish's Review

Written on: 15/10/2007

I am interested to get more info, as I have had my Kangoo gearbox go at 80,000 miles, of careful driving from new,, somewhat more than others,, but I aint had a gearbox go in a vehicle since my old Morris minor in AD back in time,, its ruddy disgusting. Before I go to Renault it would plainly help if I had evidence of others.

Satellitemark's Response to Clive Parrish's Review

Written on: 02/09/2006

Hi , if you read my review on the Vauxhall Vivaro,(same engine /gearbox ) you will see i have had a gearbox go at 73000miles, the local AA man had his go at 50000, & the gearbox centre i went to had a Vivaro on one ramp, a trafic on another & a renault car waiting for gearbox replacements
<br/>regards, satellitemark

“The Renault Kangoo van is 'W' plate ex British Gas...”

Written on: 03/12/2005 by simon butler (1 review written)

The Renault Kangoo van is 'W' plate ex British Gas vehicle, which make good second hand buys due to low mileage, being a higher spec model, and they have generally been looked after. The van came with the BG racking which was a big selling point for me.
On the bad side the engine is just too slow, if you can, get a newer HDi. Its also very noisy as it is working so hard, its not unusual for the speed to drop to sixty on the motorway with a slight incline or headwind.
Grip is acceptable… Read Full Review