Beeman SS1000 Reviews

Beeman SS1000
Beeman SS1000

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“tuning a beeman 1073 at home”

Written on: 05/02/2013 by dale58 (1 review written)

i have a 1073 that i tuned my self added top hat weight shimed spring polished and light crosshatch cylinder polished spring ends deburred everything drilled transfer port to .1/8 shimmed breach seal recrowned both of .22 barrel light silcone grease on piston seal lightly grease on piston and spring added steel rod to spring guide gun now chrohys at a high of 870fps to a low847fps with crosman cphp at 14.3grain at 75yards holds 1.25 groups 9 out of 10 shots very nice gun with some tlc and a… Read Full Review

“Hey I happened to have the Beeman Sportsman Series...”

Written on: 08/04/2008

Hey I happened to have the Beeman Sportsman Series 1000 not 1000t (s) or (h). I am wondering if anyone knows if I can use an interchangeable .22 barrel for it… Read Full Review

“I love it. ”

Written on: 16/06/2006 by Steve Ellsworth (2 reviews written)

I love it.
Do not try to use Gamo ammo in the Beeman SS1000. They do not chamber correctly. Too long. You will shave lead in the chamber. I thought my first one was a lemon and took it back. Only to find out it was the ammo which was the issue. Haven't tried any others yet but shorter rounds seem to be the trick. Crossman rounds are super flat shooters.

I oiled it up before sighting it in. Trigger seemed better on this one than the first. It could be lighter but it's way better than… Read Full Review

Doug24's Response to Steve Ellsworth's Review

Written on: 07/07/2006

I found that the most accurate pellet for mine was the gamo hunter 1\2" @ 40 yards. the best I could do with crow magnums was 1.5" and with silver bears about the same however I did get sub 1" groupings with match and lazer pellets at 40 yards.

Vevlouis's Response to Steve Ellsworth's Review

Written on: 28/12/2006

Do u know the airgun's energy?

“I picked up my Beeman SS1000 at Cabellas. The price is...”

Written on: 18/04/2006 by bad luck kids (2 reviews written)

I picked up my Beeman SS1000 at Cabellas. The price is very reasonable at less than 200 dollars. After minimal adjustments it was deadly accurate at any range. I am able to pick off squirrels at over 40 yards with ease, thanks to the exellent scope. The seals on the receiver are outstanding, and the guns action is very smooth. I would recommend picking up a shooters kit from RWS. Like a car the gun needs to be maintained. I have had no dieseling issues with the compression chamber lubrication… Read Full Review

“The Beeman SS1000 is a copy of the Spanish GS1000, ...”

Written on: 22/03/2006 by Sifu456 (61 reviews written)

The Beeman SS1000 is a copy of the Spanish GS1000, the SS1000 is made in China. Its Stamped Beeman, it has a nice sporty wood stock, the wood stains ok, not as nice as the GS, it has no checkering and a different stain. Its still an attractive package.

Its easy to shoulder (if you are mid-large adult its not a 13yr old and under rifle) and it has a solid rubber stock butt, the bluing is on par with some of the better chinese rifles like the B20 but not as good as the B40, B26 or B50. It… Read Full Review

Sifu456's Response to Sifu456's Review

Written on: 30/03/2006

The trigger on this gun is metal and chromed, and I think the trigger guard is polymer.
<br>
<br>I retract this statement - the trigger is chrome plastic/polymer with a polymer trigger guard.
<br>
<br>Pardon my haste in shooting and bypassing the obvious.

Sifu456's Response to Sifu456's Review

Written on: 21/11/2006

I've had the Beeman SS1000 for almost 6 months. In side by side comparison, this rifle is more accurate then most air rifles I've shot. It's now more accurate the my Gamo's, and only behind my truly 1 hole shooting modified QB78 and my RWS46 in accuracy. This is a fine .22 air rifle, and it has more power then most of my air rifles.