Beeman SS1000 Reviews

Beeman SS1000
Beeman SS1000

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I am very pleased with this Beeman SS1000 rifle. I...”

Written on: 16/03/2009

I am very pleased with this Beeman SS1000 rifle. I bought it for plinking and to deter backyard pests, and it fulfils these tasks easily.

The first thing that I did was attach the .22 barrel. I tested it at about 35yds and my grouping was within an inch. The scope is more than adequate at this range. I don't have a chronograph, so I'm not sure of the exact feet per second, but the shots obviously had quite a bit more steam than my Daisy 22 SG: they were drilling fairly deep holes in the wooden… Read Full Review

“I bought this rifle at "Wally world" for $125 with...”

Written on: 30/03/2008 by davey777 (1 review written)

I bought this rifle at "Wally world" for $125 with scope. Rifle has great quality and feel for the price. It's a little cumbersome for my son to handle, but that being said we both love it. The trigger pull was brutal at first, and needed a little "reworking", and is more pleasant to shoot now… Read Full Review

“I like the Beeman SS1000 and would buy it again, it is...”

Written on: 16/03/2008 by dennis93711 (1 review written)

I like the Beeman SS1000 and would buy it again, it is accurate, powerful… Read Full Review

“I`m with the 7th Ranger Regiment, just got out of...”

Written on: 16/03/2008

I`m with the 7th Ranger Regiment, just got out of Iraq, i got a medical discharge, but while i was there i had this gun with me, and i would use it to kill birds that land on the jeeps, and jets, and every other kind of vehicals around. This guns is very accurate,

i get 1/2 " grouping from 20 yards.
This trigger pull isn't that bad, shoot it about 50 times and it gets easier to pull.

This gun is very power full, it goes 1,000 fps, unlike alot of other guns that claim too, i bought a daisy… Read Full Review

“The trigger pull was the worst thing I found on the...”

Written on: 02/03/2008 by Bingobuddy (1 review written)

The trigger pull was the worst thing I found on the weapon. When I called Beeman asking if the trigger could be adjusted, I was told to send it to them and they would find another weapon with a lighter trigger pull. I did this and when I got it back, they had replaced the trigger with one that is a lot lighter. I am not what or how they did it but it only cost the price of shipping it in one direction. They also sent a Beeman 3x9x30 scope back with it which I did not buy with this weapon… Read Full Review

“The price of the pellet gun was great. I like to...”

Written on: 07/01/2008 by NRCS (2 reviews written)

The price of the pellet gun was great. I like to sported stock, the muzzle break, and the trigger pull to me is very good. I had to get use to the scope in making the adjustments but I finally got there. For a pellet gun it seems a little heavy but not bad, similar to my Marlin 22. But for the money it was good for me.

This is the first break barrels I have own and fired. I did a little research and a lot of reading to know proper shooting tech. But I finally got the hang of it. I took a lot… Read Full Review

“The scope is a nice addition to this gun. Unlike some...”

Written on: 08/07/2007 by Steve the nailer (1 review written)

The scope is a nice addition to this gun. Unlike some others I did NOT have any problems with the trigger. I found it consistent and the break was clean. The accuracy is very good, I was getting the 0.3 groups at 10 yrs. I would recommend this rifle to any of my friends. I just picked this one up so there may have been some changes to the trigger system… Read Full Review

“Overall this is a great gun when compared to other...”

Written on: 06/06/2007 by shootin07 (1 review written)

Overall this is a great gun when compared to other models in this price range. Is much better and reliable (in my opinion) then the Crosman quest 1000 and think overall quality, price makes for a great air gun combination !… Read Full Review

Vinceb's Response to shootin07's Review

Written on: 30/08/2007

I disagree with this review because...
<br/>
<br/>The Quest, overall, is better designed and built than the SS1000... just because the best SS1000 is better than the worst Quest doesn't mean anything.
<br/>
<br/>The reviewcentre ratings bear this out, especially when all the Quest variants are taken into account.

“I just bought this air rifle after some suggested...”

Written on: 25/02/2007 by fiveflat (1 review written)

I just bought this air rifle after some suggested higher end models. I got it home and started sighting the rifle with the plastic sights. I CAN NOT bring those dang sites in. I put a cheap little 4X32 scope on it, and got it sighted at 30-40 yards inside 1.5" after only 20-50 rounds through it. The trigger is STIFF. It really needs to be adjustable… Read Full Review

Vinceb's Response to 279716_fiveflat's Review

Written on: 26/04/2007

It can&#039;t be made adjustable. What you have is the same type of "direct sear" trigger that the Spanish-made GH1050 has (although the Chinese clones seem to be worse).
<br/>
<br/>The "Better" SS1000&#039;s have a completely different trigger... much, much better.

“I bought this gun at Walmart for about $130. It was...”

Written on: 01/12/2006 by loopcat (2 reviews written)

I bought this gun at Walmart for about $130. It was branded at a "model 1100". It included the ss1000 and a beeman 3-9x32 scope. The mounts and scope are well made and hold firm to the gun. I only wish the scope had a tiny bit more magnification. I have spent a lot of time with the gun in the last few days, and it appears to have been "broken-in".

Tried five different pellet brands, and gamo-hunter and gamo-rocket have worked the best for me. I went ahead and got a Beeman pellet trap 3 days… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/12/2006

UPDATE: Forget Gamo Rocket! RWS Meisterkugeln is FANTASIC! Very consistant! Gamo varies too greatly from size and weight.
<br/>
<br/>I have now shot about 2500 rounds from the Beeman SS1000, and it has really smoothed-out. The trigger is more predictable and the accuracy is much better. From 45 yards, I can consistantly hit a quarter sized target. At this point I can honestly say that the weakest link with this gun is the shooter!!

Vevlouis's Response to loopcat's Review

Written on: 02/01/2007

Do you know the airgun&#039;s energy?

Written on: 29/12/2006

Hello,
<br/> No I have not measured the FPS. The gun is rated at 1000. I will say that it hits targets HARD with Beeman Kodiac!

Vevlouis's Response to loopcat's Review

Written on: 28/12/2006

loopcat,
<br/>Have you chronographed it yet i want to know the fps?
<br/>Do you know the airgun&#039;s enery?

Written on: 23/12/2006

UPDATE:
<br/> Beeman Kodiak pellets are even better! Heavy pellets seem to do best with this gun. Straightshooters.com sells a cleaner/degreaser that works wonders at cleaning the barrel. Followed that with some beeman mp5 oil. Trigger pull can be improved by putting a very little amount of Beeman moly paste on the sear. Yesterday I popped a rat at 45 yards, head shot!

“Picked up the Beeman SS1000 (.22 cal) a few days ago...”

Written on: 01/06/2006 by donniebeeman (5 reviews written)

Picked up the Beeman SS1000 (.22 cal) a few days ago and overall I'm very happy with this purchase. The rifle overall is a quality piece and there are only a couple things I would change to make it a perfect gun (will get to that later). Accuracy using the 3-9 x 32 scope is very impressive for a gun that's just $145 and easy to obtain! At 20 yards when sighted this gun has no trouble making very tight groups with many shots hitting the same hole or touching it. At first you may feel accuracy is… Read Full Review

Doug24's Response to donniebeeman's Review

Written on: 25/06/2006

They do make this model in satin finish it is the SS1000T

Donniebeeman's Response to donniebeeman's Review

Written on: 29/03/2007

For the cash this rifle is hard to beat. Since it is a spring air gun it will take some time getting use to but once you get the hang of it you will rarely miss a target! I got mine at http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/
<br/>
<br/>Gamo makes a few nice ones for the money as well but the thing is they don't offer a .22 cal :( If cal isnt important the gamo guns are hard to beat as well.

Anaarch99's Response to donniebeeman's Review

Written on: 29/03/2007

I am interested in purchasing a Beeman SS1000 in 22 cal. for $145 as noted in your review. Could you please let me know where I could purchase one for that price. I live here in Hawaii and do not have too many outlets that handles air pellet guns and are very pricey when you can find them.
<br/>
<br/>I like your comments regarding the Beeman SS1000. There were a few very derogatory comments. Hey, if it is a decent rifle at a decent price, I&#039;ll take it. I think that the derogatory comments came from connoseiurs who probably am used to $300-$$1,000 guns, but cannot accept less quality in a $100 gun.
<br/>
<br/>Thank you for any info you can steer me onto to purchase a Beeman for $145 as you noted. Thanks.
<br/>Allen

“Purchased my Beeman SS1000 from Pyramyrdair.com a few...”

Written on: 01/12/2005 by CrzyFrlss1 (1 review written)

Purchased my Beeman SS1000 from Pyramyrdair.com a few weeks ago. Boy did I get myself into a whole new ballgame. It sure is different from my Rimfire .22 in terms of size and weight (my Rimfire feels like a toy gun now)

It seems to be accurate right out of the box, I am able shoot sub 1/2… Read Full Review