Beeman SS1000 Reviews

Beeman SS1000 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Beeman SS1000

Beeman SS1000
Beeman SS1000

“tuning a beeman 1073 at home”

Written on: 05/02/2013 by dale58 (1 review written)

i have a 1073 that i tuned my self added top hat weight shimed spring polished and light crosshatch cylinder polished spring ends deburred everything drilled transfer port to .1/8 shimmed breach seal recrowned both of .22 barrel light silcone grease on piston seal lightly grease on piston and spring added steel rod to spring guide gun now chrohys at a high of 870fps to a low847fps with crosman cphp at 14.3grain at 75yards holds 1.25 groups 9 out of 10 shots very nice gun with some tlc and a… Read Full Review

“Heavy rifle with absolute horrendous trigger pull....”

Written on: 18/08/2010

Heavy rifle with absolute horrendous trigger pull. It's basically unusable unless at a full rest. The barrel is accurate but because of the trigger you lose the performance. Best I can say about it is it's a complete piece of junk and Beeman should give you your $$$ back… Read Full Review

“I am very pleased with this Beeman SS1000 rifle. I...”

Written on: 16/03/2009

I am very pleased with this Beeman SS1000 rifle. I bought it for plinking and to deter backyard pests, and it fulfils these tasks easily.

The first thing that I did was attach the .22 barrel. I tested it at about 35yds and my grouping was within an inch. The scope is more than adequate at this range. I don't have a chronograph, so I'm not sure of the exact feet per second, but the shots obviously had quite a bit more steam than my Daisy 22 SG: they were drilling fairly deep holes in the wooden… Read Full Review

“With a little customizing of barrel and trigger it is...”

Written on: 31/10/2008

With a little customizing of barrel and trigger it is a pleasure to shoot. I do prefer using the heavier 22 cal. over the .117 cal. Good rifle, but to make great takes some modifications. The Beeman SS1000 is a pretty heavy rifle; the trigger is also quite heavy and has a long pull… Read Full Review

“Beeman really needs to lean on it's...”

Written on: 02/06/2008

Beeman really needs to lean on it's supplier/manufacturer, and get these faults corrected.

MW… Read Full Review

“Hey I happened to have the Beeman Sportsman Series...”

Written on: 08/04/2008

Hey I happened to have the Beeman Sportsman Series 1000 not 1000t (s) or (h). I am wondering if anyone knows if I can use an interchangeable .22 barrel for it… Read Full Review

“I bought this rifle at "Wally world" for $125 with...”

Written on: 30/03/2008 by davey777 (1 review written)

I bought this rifle at "Wally world" for $125 with scope. Rifle has great quality and feel for the price. It's a little cumbersome for my son to handle, but that being said we both love it. The trigger pull was brutal at first, and needed a little "reworking", and is more pleasant to shoot now… Read Full Review

“I like the Beeman SS1000 and would buy it again, it is...”

Written on: 16/03/2008 by dennis93711 (1 review written)

I like the Beeman SS1000 and would buy it again, it is accurate, powerful… Read Full Review

“I`m with the 7th Ranger Regiment, just got out of...”

Written on: 16/03/2008

I`m with the 7th Ranger Regiment, just got out of Iraq, i got a medical discharge, but while i was there i had this gun with me, and i would use it to kill birds that land on the jeeps, and jets, and every other kind of vehicals around. This guns is very accurate,

i get 1/2 " grouping from 20 yards.
This trigger pull isn't that bad, shoot it about 50 times and it gets easier to pull.

This gun is very power full, it goes 1,000 fps, unlike alot of other guns that claim too, i bought a daisy… Read Full Review

“The trigger pull was the worst thing I found on the...”

Written on: 02/03/2008 by Bingobuddy (1 review written)

The trigger pull was the worst thing I found on the weapon. When I called Beeman asking if the trigger could be adjusted, I was told to send it to them and they would find another weapon with a lighter trigger pull. I did this and when I got it back, they had replaced the trigger with one that is a lot lighter. I am not what or how they did it but it only cost the price of shipping it in one direction. They also sent a Beeman 3x9x30 scope back with it which I did not buy with this weapon… Read Full Review

“Have only had the gun for 1 day and have already...”

Written on: 22/01/2008

Have only had the gun for 1 day and have already experienced a number of problems. First, the trigger pull is HORRIBLE. It takes a tremendous amount of pressure to fire and thus it's difficult to get accurate shots. It's single stage and non-adjustable.

The safety never worked on my model and I ended up removing it. There's a ball-bearing under pressure by a spring that is used when you break the barrel for cocking the gun. Mine froze up after about 50 rounds and wouldn't come unstuck no… Read Full Review

“The price of the pellet gun was great. I like to...”

Written on: 07/01/2008 by NRCS (2 reviews written)

The price of the pellet gun was great. I like to sported stock, the muzzle break, and the trigger pull to me is very good. I had to get use to the scope in making the adjustments but I finally got there. For a pellet gun it seems a little heavy but not bad, similar to my Marlin 22. But for the money it was good for me.

This is the first break barrels I have own and fired. I did a little research and a lot of reading to know proper shooting tech. But I finally got the hang of it. I took a lot… Read Full Review

“I only target shoot with my pellet guns, nothing...”

Written on: 20/07/2007 by rumble00 (1 review written)

I only target shoot with my pellet guns, nothing really worth killing near me. I have a Diana 350 Magnum that is powerful, accurate, and kind of loud. I thought this Chinese Beeman would be quieter for shooting in my backyard, it isn't.

The gun looks great out of the box with a nice piece of wood and consistent bluing.
Cocking it requires a bit more force than my friend's R9. I didn't bother mounting the scope right away because the fiber optic sights are cool. My first shot didn't hit the… Read Full Review

Vinceb's Response to rumble00's Review

Written on: 30/08/2007

The SS1000's have 2 triggers, depending on the specific sub-model. The cheap one is terrible, the better one is actually quite good. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to retrofit.
<br/>
<br/>As for your comment about Chinese manufacturing - this is an unwarranted generalization. The Chinese are quite capable of good machining... just because you got a turkey doesn't mean that no Chinese guns are any good. Shanghai (the factory that makes the SS1000's) is notoriously spotty, but BAM (who makes the B26, B30, and the Crosman Quest variants among otherss) is much better.

Marlon James's Response to rumble00's Review

Written on: 11/11/2007

To vinceb,
<br/>Good comments on Chinese made products. I admit that the prices from Beeman made in China are enticing. I am always looking for a a great deal with a balance of economy and manufacture quality. I am new to this review sight and notice common mentions of B20's or other similar types. Seems to be a growing interest. But I am concerned that there are more poorly engineered copies, Remington, Winchester, Crossman, Beeman to name a few have gone off shore. Do think that eventually to a greater degree our the air products we purchase will be completely Chinese made? Or is it only American companies that go to Chinese manufacturing to provide us lesser expensive products with understanding we get lesser quality.

“The scope is a nice addition to this gun. Unlike some...”

Written on: 08/07/2007 by Steve the nailer (1 review written)

The scope is a nice addition to this gun. Unlike some others I did NOT have any problems with the trigger. I found it consistent and the break was clean. The accuracy is very good, I was getting the 0.3 groups at 10 yrs. I would recommend this rifle to any of my friends. I just picked this one up so there may have been some changes to the trigger system… Read Full Review

“Like the other reviewers with trigger issues, I found...”

Written on: 27/06/2007 by mikthebik (1 review written)

Like the other reviewers with trigger issues, I found it almost unusable because of the huge trigger pull required. I'd guess about 7-10 lbs. Despite the manual and adverts, the trigger is NOT adjustable. I found some relief by filing the sear shape to give less grip on the spring. It worked to some degree, but sometimes didn't hold the spring when cocked. I've worked it until it's finally dependable, but it wasn't worth the effort. I believe the problem is the trigger design itself. Looking at… Read Full Review

James Butler's Response to mikthebik's Review

Written on: 08/03/2008

Greetings;
Good luck with your "Big Cat " purchase. Tried two of them befor I gave up on them. Distroyed breach seals,noisy and viberated like a $30.00 Daisy red rider. Not very accurate and down on power(850-900fps lead. 1030-65fps pba's). Almost cured my Gamo lust until I tried a CFX and then a 440 hunter. Luck of the draw with Gamo's seems to be a factor and maybe Wallyworld got a bad batch.

“Overall this is a great gun when compared to other...”

Written on: 06/06/2007 by shootin07 (1 review written)

Overall this is a great gun when compared to other models in this price range. Is much better and reliable (in my opinion) then the Crosman quest 1000 and think overall quality, price makes for a great air gun combination !… Read Full Review

Vinceb's Response to shootin07's Review

Written on: 30/08/2007

I disagree with this review because...
<br/>
<br/>The Quest, overall, is better designed and built than the SS1000... just because the best SS1000 is better than the worst Quest doesn't mean anything.
<br/>
<br/>The reviewcentre ratings bear this out, especially when all the Quest variants are taken into account.

“The worst trigger in the business. The gun is...”

Written on: 07/03/2007 by davidperez57 (1 review written)

The worst trigger in the business. The gun is basically worthless because of the HUGE force required to pull the trigger. I initially thought that the safety was on because I couldn't get the gun to fire. Ha, Ha. fooled me. The trigger is so difficult to pull that one cannot hit anything because of the effort to fire this piece of junk. Don't waist your money. This Beeman is a disgrace to the name… Read Full Review

Sifu456's Response to davidperez57's Review

Written on: 26/03/2007

Theres two type Beeman SS1k the one with the terrible trigger and the one with the adjustable two stage trigger like the one I have which is a very accurate, quite and powerful air rifle. Then you have the one sold by Wally world and other places that is sold cheaper and made cheaper with a non adjustable trigger that has a faulty cocking joint and is very inaccurate and poorly made. I think there should two categories for these two rifles. Because one is a pretty good rifle and the other is a piece of rubbish.

Vinceb's Response to davidperez57's Review

Written on: 30/08/2007

I agree with this review because...
<br/>
<br/>The trigger comments are right on. Beeman should be ashamed. To make things worse, some SS1000's come with a bad trigger, some with a good one. The unwary buyer can easily get stuck with the wrong one, since both are called "SS1000".

Davidperez57's Response to davidperez57's Review

Written on: 26/06/2007

Gentlemen,
<br/>Thanks for your comments regarding the two stage version which I do not own. Needless to say , the new Beeman owners have a desire to sell very cheap, inaccurate and poorly made air rifles. I own a Beeman R1 and R7. Both are excellent. The new owners have ruined a stellar reputation by selling the non-adjustable trigger version of the s1000.
<br/>David

289747_Charliem's Response to davidperez57's Review

Written on: 19/05/2007

I am looking at the ss1000 on the S.I.R. web site, the description say it has a two stage adjustable trigger. Did you try adjusting the trigger or is yours another version of this gun. Check out sir. Mail order.

“I just bought this air rifle after some suggested...”

Written on: 25/02/2007 by fiveflat (1 review written)

I just bought this air rifle after some suggested higher end models. I got it home and started sighting the rifle with the plastic sights. I CAN NOT bring those dang sites in. I put a cheap little 4X32 scope on it, and got it sighted at 30-40 yards inside 1.5" after only 20-50 rounds through it. The trigger is STIFF. It really needs to be adjustable… Read Full Review

Vinceb's Response to 279716_fiveflat's Review

Written on: 26/04/2007

It can&#039;t be made adjustable. What you have is the same type of "direct sear" trigger that the Spanish-made GH1050 has (although the Chinese clones seem to be worse).
<br/>
<br/>The "Better" SS1000&#039;s have a completely different trigger... much, much better.

“I bought this gun at Walmart for about $130. It was...”

Written on: 01/12/2006 by loopcat (2 reviews written)

I bought this gun at Walmart for about $130. It was branded at a "model 1100". It included the ss1000 and a beeman 3-9x32 scope. The mounts and scope are well made and hold firm to the gun. I only wish the scope had a tiny bit more magnification. I have spent a lot of time with the gun in the last few days, and it appears to have been "broken-in".

Tried five different pellet brands, and gamo-hunter and gamo-rocket have worked the best for me. I went ahead and got a Beeman pellet trap 3 days… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/12/2006

UPDATE: Forget Gamo Rocket! RWS Meisterkugeln is FANTASIC! Very consistant! Gamo varies too greatly from size and weight.
<br/>
<br/>I have now shot about 2500 rounds from the Beeman SS1000, and it has really smoothed-out. The trigger is more predictable and the accuracy is much better. From 45 yards, I can consistantly hit a quarter sized target. At this point I can honestly say that the weakest link with this gun is the shooter!!

Vevlouis's Response to loopcat's Review

Written on: 02/01/2007

Do you know the airgun&#039;s energy?

Written on: 29/12/2006

Hello,
<br/> No I have not measured the FPS. The gun is rated at 1000. I will say that it hits targets HARD with Beeman Kodiac!

Vevlouis's Response to loopcat's Review

Written on: 28/12/2006

loopcat,
<br/>Have you chronographed it yet i want to know the fps?
<br/>Do you know the airgun&#039;s enery?

Written on: 23/12/2006

UPDATE:
<br/> Beeman Kodiak pellets are even better! Heavy pellets seem to do best with this gun. Straightshooters.com sells a cleaner/degreaser that works wonders at cleaning the barrel. Followed that with some beeman mp5 oil. Trigger pull can be improved by putting a very little amount of Beeman moly paste on the sear. Yesterday I popped a rat at 45 yards, head shot!

“I also purchased this rifle at big 5, on sale for...”

Written on: 30/08/2006 by abarclay (1 review written)

I also purchased this rifle at big 5, on sale for $149. Given what I've read, I assumed it would be very accurate and an excellent.
Indeed, it is accurate, but its next to impossible to pull the trigger, I actually find my forearm muscles twitching when pulling the trigger and that's no good.
So, I proceeded to take the gun apart in order to adjust the "two stage, adjustable trigger". Of course, as the first poster mentioned, this gun does NOT have the adjustable trigger.
This makes the gun… Read Full Review

Davidperez57's Response to abarclay's Review

Written on: 07/03/2007

You are absolutely right about the trigger. It is the worst I have ever used. Useless! I must have to apply at least 5 pounds of pressure to get it to fire. Horrible!!!!!!! Piece of junk!!