BMW K75 750 Reviews

• Build quality

• Reliability

Summary

The BMW K75 750 is a standard motorcycle that was produced between 1985 and 1995 and was was one of BMW's cheapest in their range. It offers a top speed of 120 MPH and 0-60 in 4.6 seconds.
BMW K75 750 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for BMW K75 750

BMW K75 750

“World's best bike ever?”

Written on: 07/08/2014 by Harringtoncp46 (1 review written)

Quite possibly! Certainly among the top ten ever and certainly the best in its 750cc size class. This bike is rock solid on the highway,as solid ay speed (70-95mph) as any much bigger ride twice its cc's. Sporting enough in the canyons and perfect for touring with two roomy panniers and top box. All day comfotrable riding especially with a corbin saddle and bar backs. Added Spiegler steel lines and improved the already great braking. Michelin Pilot Activ get me some 5-6k miles in hot… Read Full Review

“First Bike at aged 60 Loving it on BMW K75 RT”

Written on: 16/06/2014 by Cloe435 (1 review written)

I am 4 weeks into my first bike BMW K75 RT.Only passed my test in Aug 2013.I have read all the reviews and found them interesting and informative.I agree the bike is heavy to move around the garage.When taking it off the centre stand I have almost lost it away from me and i know there will be no stopping it if it goes too far.It is so smooth and quiet and once on the move no problem with balance.It is great on the Motorway but for long distance but i sometimes feel a 6th gear is needed.Got a… Read Full Review

“23 sears without a Problem”

Written on: 07/03/2014 by BMW234457433 (1 review written)

I own the K75 now for 23 years. Never I had any Problem or failure. I Love this bike and will Never sell it. The K75 is used in summer only. Every year I get it out of the garage In Mai and start it with on try. Hard to believe but true. Handling is good, speed is sufficient (180km/h)… Read Full Review

“I own a K75S '88 model and absolutely love it....”

Written on: 27/08/2009

I own a K75S '88 model and absolutely love it. Unfortunately it is currently off road after taking me about 95 glorious 'k's'. I have owned quite a few Jap bikes and even an old Harley, but this babe cuts the cake. The 'S' has taken me over quite a bit of Australia, has proven itself as a regular commuter, always started first time, even on the coldest mornings. Handling? Well like any hub bike it takes a little getting used to after the ol' chains but I just love the transmission breaking once… Read Full Review

Hankbarkley's Comment

Written on: 24/01/2013

Really enjoyed your comments, mate. I have had a 1991 k75s since 2004 and had the same experience with legs too short for the bike. Tough old bird to pick up! I look extra careful now when coming to a stop. The height has it's advantages once it's moving, or so I am told, in something to do with the center of gravity being part of why it rides so smootly. Just had a 200 mile day riding along with a buddy on his "naked" 1994 k75. Cool January day for us here in North Carolina at about 45F. I mention it because the "S" has next to nothing windscreen-wise and I just missed on a matching 1991 K-75RT today. They'll be anothercome along. Then, as you said, "they'll do me till I am looking up at the grass." Happy trails!

“I own a 1991 BMW K75S that I bought almost 3 years ago...”

Written on: 03/04/2009 by pcowens (1 review written)

I own a 1991 BMW K75S that I bought almost 3 years ago with 100,000 miles on the odometer for $4,000 cash. It is fitted with panniers, top box, heated grips, ABS, Motolights, Spiegler floating discs and braided ss brake lines. My other rides include a 1984 BMW R65 with panniers and weather shield and a Yamaha XV1100 Virago cruiser. The R65 is the best handling on the three because of its lower weight and shorter wheelbase. The big V-twin Virago has the most power. The K75S has the best… Read Full Review

Robertgt's Response to pcowens's Review

Written on: 12/11/2009

I found this review very helpful because... I'm buying a K75 and want to learn as much as I can about it...

Vicblock's reply to Robertgt's Comment

Written on: 01/12/2013

Just be sure you grease the rear drive shaft spine every time you put a new rear tire on. Bullet proof bike.

Vicblock's Response to pcowens's Review

Written on: 01/12/2013

Great review, I just got my 1986 K75c and love it. Very good on cornering and being smooth. I don't think I'll ever let it go.

“The BMW K75 is simple, quiet and a dream to ride. It...”

Written on: 22/02/2009

The BMW K75 is simple, quiet and a dream to ride. It is the smoothest motorcycle around. It does fine on the freeway you can throw it around the twisties with ease. However, the seat is high and it can be awkward to push around the garage and driveway for short folks. It just takes some getting used to, but once you ' re moving, it is perfectly balanced. I am truly humbled and honored to ride the K75. It is by far the best riding experience I have ever had. It has got to be the quietest… Read Full Review

“Talking to the guy that was running a local dealership...”

Written on: 13/09/2008

Talking to the guy that was running a local dealership in Reading when they sold and serviced BMWs he told me about a K75RT that they looked after for a local courier that had done over a million miles!! now thats what I call value!… Read Full Review

1Danielpit's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2013

I have K 75 1986 with less then 10,000 miles that I like to sell.

“I have owned a BMW K75S 1986 for the last 3 years. I...”

Written on: 26/08/2008

I have owned a BMW K75S 1986 for the last 3 years. I have been on 1500km trips with panniers full and girl on the back. I have ridden it in the wind, rain etc. It now has 75000km on and will do another easy. Regular oil changes and sometimes the plugs is all that is needed. Definitely a commuter but you can also go away on it… Read Full Review

“Of my 5 BMW motorcycles, my K75 is my favorite to ride...”

Written on: 29/06/2008 by bigkoala (2 reviews written)

Of my 5 BMW motorcycles, my K75 is my favorite to ride for long distances on the freeways. I'm currently riding my 2nd K75, my 1st having been crushed by a tree that blew over in a strong wind. But with a few used parts (acquired through Ebay) and a few hours wrenching, the bike is now back on the road, with nearly 100,000 miles on the clock.
My 'new' K75 is 20 yrs. old, very reliable and smooth, very user-friendly, well-balanced, great in traffic, nimble, quick (at high RPM), stops well, goes… Read Full Review

“I just bought 1990 BMW K75RT - low miles and great...”

Written on: 24/06/2008 by Tarico (1 review written)

I just bought 1990 BMW K75RT - low miles and great condition - a lot of bike for the money. I don't know if I'll keep it - I like the ride but the engine heat is too much for me (at least, in Phoenix, in the summer - but I only ride at night...).
This machine is solid and smooth on the freeway, handles very well. If I lived in a colder climate I'd love this machine… Read Full Review

“I like my BMW K75RT very much. These bikes seem to...”

Written on: 06/06/2008 by Blutobosphorus (1 review written)

I like my BMW K75RT very much. These bikes seem to hold their value well. The 3 cylinder flying brick engine is almost bomb proof. Mine has the air-adjustable mono shock that allows the rider to adjust the suspension for his riding style. This is a great bike for around town or the open road. It has plenty of power to haul my 250 lbs around plus lots of space for storage… Read Full Review

“I have a BMW K75, love it but much as bobby says it IS...”

Written on: 26/02/2008 by fitzgola (1 review written)

I have a BMW K75, love it but much as bobby says it IS a great roadster and super M way bike practically rides itself - problem is to keep awake! And it is fast, super cruise 90, slides quietly and unnoticeable up to 120 even 130 and it do take big load. I'm 71 and I love it - was going to add a trailer but have been pulling mine a lot on trailer behind motor home (only problem loading solo but devised floor trailer and three ramps for walk-up aboard. Good economy, great everything else and… Read Full Review

“Although you can ride within the city, this thing is...”

Written on: 12/12/2007

Although you can ride within the city, this thing is built for the highway. And it is beautiful. At the top end you really get the responsiveness that a lot of other bikes just don't have.
Parts are easy to get and maintenance is merely the regular annual stuff - not a breakdown in anything… Read Full Review

“It is a new departure for me to buy such a bike as the...”

Written on: 24/11/2005 by bobby75 (1 review written)

It is a new departure for me to buy such a bike as the BMW K75. Over the years of reading various reviews, and my own experience of the huge chasm in terms of quality, I went against the knee scratcher appeal and opted for quality, insurability, and load capacity etc. BMW have an annoying marketing profile, and dealers are painful in Ireland. The K75 is for all that, an impressive machine that makes light of high mileage… Read Full Review

Ebrooks's Response to bobby75's Review

Written on: 28/07/2006

The reviewer's comment:
<br/>
<br/>"BMW have an annoying marketing profile, and dealers are painful in Ireland", is intriguing but too brief. I wish he had expanded. I am very much into BMW&#039;s in the US but my experience does not help me understand what the annoying profile would be or how the Irish dealers are painful.
<br/>
<br/>That is not at all to say that I question the reviewer&#039;s comment, only that it makes me all the more curious.
<br/>
<br/>I will add a comment of my own on the K75. Although I never owned one of this model, I did have the opportunity to use one overnight when I was having my bike serviced.
<br/>
<br/>Since it is an in-line water cooled engine it is very smooth and quiet, and almost vibration free. It does have the semi-cafe racer bars (not what is sometimes called the "sit up and beg" position). I didn&#039;t find them a problem, although I would not want the full cafe racer type.
<br/>
<br/>I would say the K75 would most suit the rider who likes a relatively light weight quiet cruising motorcycle. The one draw back for some riders is the lack of reserve horsepower. I found that it wound up tight at about 85 mph.