TANNOY DC2000 Reviews

• Sound Quality

TANNOY DC2000 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for TANNOY DC2000

TANNOY DC2000

“Well I bought the Tannoy DC2000 speakers a few weeks...”

Written on: 22/11/2005 by nick1 (5 reviews written)

Well I bought the Tannoy DC2000 speakers a few weeks ago on eBay, and they are becoming hard to find, after reading quite a lot on speakers in general, I came across the history of the Tannoy dual concentric speaker driver. I couldn't stop reading, anyway once I got them and set them up, I was blown away by the quality of them, very clear vocal, excellent bass, and detail is well. I am using a Nad 3130 amp which is quite old ,but has a great sound, I found out that to get the most out of these… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to nick1's Review

Written on: 24/11/2005

Nick.....I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it took a valve amp to drive your 2000's properly seeing as Tannoy were developing loudspeakers long before the transistor era.
<br>Don't give up on your NAD just yet though as I believe that it clips softly when driven hard, but if you're as lucky in finding a suitable valve amp at as advantageous a price as you might have paid for the speakers, then you'll probably reach audio heaven.
<br>
<br>I heard Tannoy dual concentrics (can't remember the model) at Harrogate IFS in '81 and the clarity, and above all the image, were outstanding. I must suppose that even those high standards have subsequently been improved upon. Enjoy mate!

Geoff C's Response to nick1's Review

Written on: 08/07/2006

I couldn&#039;t have put it better - these are trully great old speakers - I have heard loads of speakers and these still rate very highly in my opinion.

Nick1's Response to nick1's Review

Written on: 25/11/2005

Thank you for your comment bertie, hopefully i'll try them with a valve amp soon, thank you once again, kind regards nick.