Geely JL-125H Commuter Classic Reviews

• Build quality

• Reliability

Geely JL-125H Commuter Classic - Ask a question now

“i bought a geely commuter in april 2008 for £799, it...”

Written on: 14/02/2010

i bought a geely commuter in april 2008 for £799, it has caused me nothing but trouble fron the first couple of days..had to get the engine re tuned, battery wouldnt hold its charge..dipped light had to be repaired as it just stopped working...the centre stand fell off on one side causing me to come off and nearly caused a collision...now back in the repair shop for the 10th time and its not even 2 years old yet...repairs costs so far have been £600...definitely the worse bike i have ever… Read Full Review

“borrowed this bike from my brother, travelling...”

Written on: 16/10/2009

borrowed this bike from my brother, travelling approximately 180 miles a day,

done 15 thousand miles in 12 months,vibration caused the petrol tank to leak, exhaust snapped twice,
headlight went off as vibration snapped the retaining lugs for headlight, chain snapped, and the gear lever on the engine snapped again through vibration. think i have developed white finger, that goes for my backside as well.
basically I've renewed the bike bit by bit, oh the engine is fine touch wood… Read Full Review

“I bought my Geely 125 comuter scooter from eBay. I...”

Written on: 25/06/2008

I bought my Geely 125 comuter scooter from eBay. I paid a very cheap price £825 inclued delivery. I had to register it. With swansea. on the road it runs well. Still running in but is very lively engine. I deal for nipping around on. Very good riding position. So there it is… Read Full Review

“I purchased the Geely JL-125 Commuter Classic bike...”

Written on: 22/11/2005 by Erebus1197 (13 reviews written)

I purchased the Geely JL-125 Commuter Classic bike from an Ebay shop (Europa Trading Ltd) for £500 (plus £75 registration fee, number plate and 1st years tax, and £75 delivery), and from day one it has been the bane of my life. After getting it out of the crate, I had to take it to my mechanic after a few days to have the engine tuned properly. The speedo did not work, and it was a general bucket of cack! It would not rev past 3000rpm's, and going uphill I was overtaken by a pushbike… Read Full Review

Alromm's Response to Erebus1197's Review

Written on: 18/03/2006

where did you insure your bike?

Erebus1197's Response to Erebus1197's Review

Written on: 21/03/2006

Further to the first review I uploaded for this bike, I now have received the lens cover and brake lever from Europa Trading. It only took them from mid November to the end of February to sort it out. Great Work Fellas. Makes you proud to be British, eh!

Erebus1197's Response to Erebus1197's Review

Written on: 21/03/2006

I insured my bike through Behnnett's. I first said it wsa an 'Ex-Treme' as this is what is painted on the side of the bike, but further digging told me it was the Geely. They did not know of this bike, but when I explained it was a 'commuter' bike, not an off-roader, cruiser, sports etc, they accepted the liability. It cost me about £115 for the first year, and that was with zero NCD and with only the CBT. Hope this helps.