Uttings Reviews - www.uttings.co.uk

Uttings - www.uttings.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Uttings - www.uttings.co.uk

Uttings - www.uttings.co.uk

“Surly and Rude customer service”

Written on: 16/12/2014 by Craigfl190 (1 review written)

The concept of ordering Air rifle pellets for next day delivery is brilliant. That is where the brilliance ends. You would anticipate that they would send you instructions for age verification at the point of receiving your conformation email, but no a day later that arrived meaning that the item could not be dispatched till two days following. So next day delivery becomes 4 day delivery and then I was informed the driver would be with me between 19-45-20-45 in the evening? Throughout this… Read Full Review

“having contacted uttings several times,always find...”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by DaltonKennedy (1 review written)

having contacted uttings several times,always find them unhelpful and surly… Read Full Review

“In the military? I suggest you don't support this company.”

Written on: 12/03/2014 by Mathew304 (1 review written)

After returning faulty goods Uttings refused to return them via our UK BFPO address. After spending thousands of pounds over the years at Uttings this is what going the extra mile for a valued customer means. The irony is we were returning 'faulty' goods supplied by a Uttings in the first place. Disappointing to say the least especially for those servicemen and servicewomen who look forward to parcels ordered by loved ones and sent through a postal system aimed at lessening the impact of… Read Full Review

“Unable to speak to anyone”

Written on: 25/12/2013

Received my item that I ordered on time, but unfortunately the product is not satisfactory and I do not get any replies to my e-mails and if I phone customer services I get a pre-recorded message saying they are to busy to accept calls contact them via their web-site. So as yet still have not spoken to anyone… Read Full Review

“refund issues”

Written on: 28/10/2013

Find it incredible that it can take them over 7 days to process a refund. The item bought was £250 and so a significant sum to be missing from my bank account. If they can take your money in an instant you wonder how it can possibly take so long for them to process a refund. Would never risk ordering from here again!… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/10/2013

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry you are disappointed with the length of time a refund has taken to process. We do have a large number of returns to deal with each day and as I am sure you can understand, we do have to process them in a methodical manner, regardless of their value.

It would be unfair on our other customers to process refunds "out of turn", simply based on their value and it does say in our terms and conditions that "refunds are normally processed within 7 days, but can take up to 14 days in busy periods".

I am sorry that your expectations are not in line with our policies but fully respect your decision to take your business elsewhere.

Monkeymrf's Comment

Written on: 29/10/2013

Thank you for your response. Your comments are noted however, if you have so many returns it takes 14 days to process a refund it may be advisable to recruit more staff to your accounts team to deal efficiently with volumes.

“Poor after sales service”

Written on: 20/09/2013

After receiving a Hawke 3508 laser/light it would not zero. Your very unhelpful staff couldn't advise me and then said , well what do you expect us to do! The product had been opened before and returned which makes me think you need to improve the instructions as they are difficult to mount… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/10/2013

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that we were not able to help you as you required. We are not a shop and unfortunately, we simply do not have technical knowledge of every one of the 20,000+ products that we sell I am afraid.

As the retailer, we do not produce instructions for any product that we sell; the manufacturers are responsible for providing the information and we simply pass on what is supplied with the product. However, we will forward your comments on to them in the hope that they review in the future.

It is possible that the product had been opened as customers do request specific information about products that can only be obtained through opening the packaging - this is something we try not to do, for obvious reasons, but in the interests of customer satisfaction, it is difficult for us to flatly refuse to do.

I can only apologise (but am a little surprised) for the "what do you expect us to do" response that you received from us, but should you wish to discuss this further, please do contact us through our Customer Service telephone number on the website

“Hawke eyepiece”

Written on: 03/07/2013

The eyepiece arrived on time but when I phone to check it was the right one the person who answered the phone was very sharp and unhelpful,when I explained the problem he said he would check and phone me back, two hours later no phone call so I phoned them and they told me they were waiting on the supplier, I then phoned the supplier (Debens) myself and they answered my query there and then so why did Uttings have such a long wait. They then phoned me back within minutes of me speaking to… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/07/2013

Thank you for your comments. Without knowing the specifics of the situation, it is quite possible that the person we needed to speak to at Deben was unavailable at the time when we originally contacted them; perhaps you just happened to time your call correctly, when they became available.

As we called you back within a few minutes of you speaking with them, then this goes some way to supporting that theory .....

“Said next day took 4 totaly ignored my request for...”

Written on: 30/06/2013 by Painter1955 (1 review written)

Said next day took 4 totaly ignored my request for delivery sorry you said to be honest… Read Full Review

Uttingscustomerservice's Response to Painter1955's Review

Written on: 04/07/2013

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, they are a little on the vague for us to offer any real constructive response.

Without knowing exactly what the situation was, its unlikely that we would have deliberately ignored any specific requests; perhaps there was some form of miscommunication?

If you would like to contact our Customer Service team to discuss any issues you had, then we can do our best to resolve them or provide an explanation for any actions we have (or have not) taken at that time.

“Very poor customer care ”

Written on: 22/06/2013 by Dirkjones (1 review written)

Phoned to find a specific gun cabinet ref. left hand opening and wood effect ,I was greeted with a person who had failed the charm school , as a owner of my own business if I had someone working for me damaging my business they would be sacked , so far this year on guns I have spent 8000 thousand pounds on gun equipment not with uttings and I will not be spending my money with this company… Read Full Review

Uttingscustomerservice's Response to Dirkjones's Review

Written on: 26/06/2013

Thank you for your comments - with over 20,000 products on our website, I am afraid we only have a broad overview of many products and as cabinets are sourced directly from manufacturers, we only have limited information available at our fingertips.

I apologise if we fell short of your expectations and were not able to tell you specifically what type of wood that a "wood effect" cabinet resembles.

We are sorry that you feel you have received very poor customer care, but fully respect your decision to take your custom elsewhere.

“Rubbish communication & terible customer service!”

Written on: 16/06/2013

After paying a premium for my items to be delivered next day - they then did not arrive........ upon calling the company at 4pm they informed me that my items had not been dispatched because i did not prove my age!!!!! (this is for a scope and x 1 pack of pellets!) I was not informed i needed to do so until 9am that morning through email! They had my phone number but did not contact me. I was of course at work so did not have a chance to check my email. The chap i spoke to was rude & obnoxious… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/06/2013

Unfortunately, we have a legal obligation to confirm proof of age when buying restricted items such as pellets or knives and it is clearly stated on individual product pages of our website that you must be over the age of 18 to buy that item.

We do employ software which links to the Electoral Register and in most cases we are able to confirm an individual's age through that software, unless they have opted out of appearing on the public-facing register.

Unfortunately, it is a customer's responsibility to provide proof of age if we are unable to verify through our own channels and, while I understand your frustrations, I hope you can accept that we are simply trying to conduct business in a law abiding manner.

As I am sure you can appreciate, we do have hundreds of orders per day and as we are a relatively small online mail order company, we do not have the resource available to make individual telephone calls to advise people of issues, such as age verification, which is why we opt to communicate via email instead.

Once we receive verification of age, we do send items out next day delivery. Without knowing the specifics of your particular order, if items are sent out on Friday, next day delivery will actually mean Monday (next working day), so if your ID was received late on a Thursday or early on Friday, then that may go some way to explaining why it would be three days later.

I apologise if a member of our team was rude and obnoxious to you and I would like to assure you that it is not indicative of our usual level of customer service.

“bad item”

Written on: 12/06/2013

recently purchased a knife for camping and on first use the handle cracked i was only lightly chopping tinder and the side of knife cracked, its not very well made at all so very disappointed… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/06/2013

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that the knife you received is faulty. It is difficult to tell from your post whether you have already contacted us about this to allow us to rectify the problem for you?

We only source our products from manufacturers directly or official stockists and, while we undertake a degree of quality control before despatching items, it is not practical (in terms of time) for us to make a thorough inspection of every item prior to sending out and, on occasions, faulty or damaged items do unfortunately get despatched.

If you have not done so, please do contact us and we can make arrangements to replace the knife for you.

“Delivery let you down”

Written on: 17/04/2013 by roy_grogan (1 review written)

E-mail 31st march Your order No. 333193 from Uttings Ltd will be delivered 2 April by DPD. Can you please ensure that someone will be available to sign for the parcel at: Aa advised by Uttins e-mail 31st March. In all day but no delivery. Tracked on web and DPD had not received the parcle. Checked on Wednesday 3rd April and delivery now showing delivery 1048 -1148 parcle arrived 1120, on time BUT THE WRONG DAY. The product was what I ordered. I have no complaints about the way my order was… Read Full Review

“Chrony - chronograph”

Written on: 04/04/2013

Item not delivered despite DPD fast service promise. I asked Uttings to send another and they refused, pending an investigation (time scale not specified) by the carrier. I am an IPSC competitor and am developing a load for use in international competitions which I have entered, booked flights for etc. The total failure of Uttings customer "service" representatives to understand that some timescale is required to a resolution of this problem is not satisfactory. I need a replacement item… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/04/2013

Thank you for your comments. Without knowing the specifics of your particular situation, its difficult for me to comment fully.

In the event of a parcel not being delivered, as frustrating as it is, we do have to allow DPD time to investigate, which, more often than not, does result in the parcel being located after a brief search and is delivered a day or two later. It can take up to three working days to perform an investigation and I apologise if a timescale was not communicated to you.

Unfortunately, it is not really a sustainable practice for us to send further stock of an item and then arrange to have it collected again if a customer invariably ends up with two if the original one is located and delivered in the meantime. It means the onus is on the customer to be available for collection of the duplicate item, which has led to substantial losses for us in the past, if the customer does not oblige.

DPD currently are achieving 95% first time deliveries for us, which, I appreciate is frustrating for the 5% that do not receive their item on time, but we feel, currently, that is an acceptable rate for us, given the volume of parcels we despatch.

I would expect your P&P to have been refunded in the event of non-delivery, but if you would like to contact me on 01603 619811 if this has not happened, I can resolve this for you.

“R-10 buddy btl cover”

Written on: 27/03/2013

This cover does not fit the rifle. I've had to cut it down& modify it myself. Excellent delivery. Rubbish description of the product. All in all. LAME… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/04/2013

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that you are disappointed by the product.

We do not specifically stock a BSA neoprene buddy bottle cover, just two different Garlands covers (large: 57mm x 300mm & small: 48mm x 220mm) and our website reflects the manufacturers description of their product, rather than our own; I apologise if it is not accurate.

Perhaps you could contact me on 01603 619811 to detail how the website description differs from what you received and we can adjust the website accordingly.

“bushnell trail camera”

Written on: 11/03/2013

my wife bought this camera for me as a Christmas present, what a dissapointment. It runs batteries down in a crack, good make of batteries. used aswell NOT HAPPY… Read Full Review

“AWFUL - SHAME ON UTTINGS FOR AN AWFUL DELIVERY SERVICE”

Written on: 27/02/2013

Have you seen their delivery terms ! Their DPD delivery terms include - return to sender after 4 days (so Dont be away). You cannot change address easily - and their automated phone service gives you the option, then when you select it on your phone you get a message - this service is not available....goodbye ! And if you want a weekend delivery - wait for it, need to pay another 10 pounds on top of the 5.99 you've already paid !! AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL - Perfect example of a delivery service… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/03/2013

Further to our previous communications, I am sorry that you feel our shipping service is the worst you have experienced on any continent.

Your order was shipped on the Monday and was due for delivery on Tuesday, which the courier did attempt, but was unable to complete. When placing the order, delivery to an alternative address, such as a work address, could have been selected if you were not going to be available on the day of delivery.

Weekends are not usually considered working days, but, like most businesses, we can offer a Saturday delivery, however, it is considered a premium service and, as we subsidise delivery costs to our customers, would have cost £8.99. Requesting it through contacting DPD directly, rather than through us, would go some way to explaining the additional £10 charge you were quoted.

As I am sure you can appreciate, DPD do only have a finite storage facility for undelivered parcels and in terms of when they expect people to contact them following attempted delivery, there has to be a cutoff point if people do not get in touch; four days is not an unreasonable amount of time to expect people to contact them following attempted delivery.

We take on board your suggestion of severing our contract with DPD, however, they are currently achieving first time delivery 95% of the time, which, is an acceptable level of service for us (although, we do fully appreciate the frustrations of the 5% that do not receive their parcels on time and resolve these to the best of our ability on an individual basis).

Hellome's Comment

Written on: 04/03/2013

THEN SHOW YOUR CUSTOMERS THE POTENTIAL COST AT TIME OF PURCHASE - Show them an example of a weekend delivery cost THEN I THINK you're being clear and customer perception will change. You palm off the delivery additions to your logistics company and then deny responsibility. Its hidden charges like the budget airline service applied to logistics - customer not in we'll give you 4 days to respond or else. Want to change to another time slot,.., 'pay here', want it at a weekend oh thats another tenner. I read their delivery terms its a long list of extra charges. Any saving you make is lost forever in the delivery charges. Use our phone line, go down a nice channel of delivery options and then bye bye with no solution. Not received the phone bill yet.
Uttings GO and LOOK what other suppliers do - your delivery service is the most insanely complex, extracting additional fees. I cannot believe an online retailer is so blissfully unaware of how un-customer sympathetic your logistics service is. Every other delivery of gear i have purchased over ssveral years has been at no extra charge, with the customer service the priority. Some guy from uttings rang me up and implied he could see no problem - i am sure they take the comments on board and file them - if you care then FIX their rate of the delivery Fix being the operative word then their customers will see exactly how big the charges can be and GO ELSEWHERE! Appalling awful I reiterate my complaint.

Written on: 05/03/2013

We accept your feedback and do not think disputing the case further beyond these comments will be productive; we do feel the delivery options at the point of purchase are transparent and without hidden costs and a number of other customers that have received items from us do feel the same way also.

We are sorry that you are unhappy with the delivery service provided but understand should you decide to take your business elsewhere in future.

Hellome's Comment

Written on: 05/03/2013

Uttings take responsibility for delivery to the door of your customer fixed priced AND not palm it off to the delivery company who then sees a nice little earner with an opportunity to add another £5 charge here or a £10 there. Use a fixed price delivery no messing, no opportunity for abuse. MAY uttings join the 21st Century and get a logistics company that they take responsibility for YES UTTINGS YOU SHOULD TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR full despatch and delivery without a raft of additional hidden charges rather than shirk it.

APPLY FIXED PRICE DELIVERY !!!
SORT YOURSELVES OUT UTTINGS !!

“Not impressed”

Written on: 08/02/2013 by Shooters (1 review written)

I ordered a rifle scope and it arrived on time sel packaged but on inspection the ocular thread was damaged I contacted uttings who advised to retun this I did at a cost of £11 which was non refundable.I asked for a partial refund but they were not interested. In my opinion if a item is damaged then the seller should pay all postage cost fr the retun… Read Full Review

“Postage is a rip off”

Written on: 04/02/2013 by cletuslowe (1 review written)

Recently I placed an order for a Beretta Prescription Lens Holder Insert - BER-OCMX19. The cost was £10, delivery to Northern Ireland was another Tenner. The weight couldn't have been more than 60 or 70 gms. It was an outrageous amount of money for such a light weight item. … Read Full Review

“Total waste of time - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 14/06/2012 by Woody1311 (1 review written)

This has happened twice to me - first time I thought I was unlucky but the same happened with my second order some months later. Placed an order online well before the deadline for same day despatch, really needed the item next day so pleased to see there was a stock indicator and the item I required was in stock. The next day I received an email to say the item was out of stock, they wouldn't back order so my order was cancelled.... Great so the day a was expecting the item a very unhelpful… Read Full Review

“They really don't care.”

Written on: 13/03/2012

BEST AVOID UTTINGS - USE SOMEONE INDEPENDENT WHO WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR CUSTOM!! Item purchased in January was faulty. I telephoned & was given curt, unhelpful & incorrect instructions about returning item involving me paying costly postage. Wrote a letter to advise of poor service - asking for a response that never came. Telephoned again spoke to manager called Matthew who sounded like he couldn't care less (apologised unconvincingly)- was promised cheque ASAP refunding postage. 3 weeks… Read Full Review