Webley Spectre Reviews

Webley Spectre - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Webley Spectre

Webley Spectre
Webley Spectre

“this Webley Spectre gun is the best gun ive had for...”

Written on: 07/07/2009

this Webley Spectre gun is the best gun ive had for field and taggest… Read Full Review

“the webley spectra is a very nice looking gun with the...”

Written on: 27/05/2009 by gavin911 (1 review written)

the webley spectra is a very nice looking gun with the walnut stock on. very powerful and accurate. i had a bsa ultra it was a good gun but when i saw the spectre i tried it the bsa was like a spud gun. i recommend this gun to any 1… Read Full Review

“My last revew mentioned the power, had it altered to...”

Written on: 06/10/2008 by buffalo bill (1 review written)

My last revew mentioned the power, had it altered to the leagal max power .12.lb obveously better but im still to be convinsd itl stop rabbits .if i get any closser to them i could kick em .more to follow… Read Full Review

“The Webley Spectre looks well lighter than my previous...”

Written on: 02/10/2008

The Webley Spectre looks well lighter than my previous gun. It is very acurate.. nice gun allround mite feel bit beter after ive had i tested for its power. At the moment thats the only area thats letting it down is the power… Read Full Review

“First precharged air rifle. VERY impressive! The...”

Written on: 03/02/2006 by fturner497 (1 review written)

First precharged air rifle. VERY impressive! The Webley Spectre rifle and all accessories are both well made and easily operated. Most impressive is the accuracy with the Match Heavy (21.14 gr) pellets. With a 3-9x50 scope, good clean kills on squirrels is simple at 40 yards. Using in US where us is almost unlimited. The pump charging system is outstanding… Read Full Review

Fturner497's Response to fturner497's Review

Written on: 20/02/2006

Good owners manual available in pdf format at: www.airgunsofarizona.com.

Fturner497's Response to fturner497's Review

Written on: 27/02/2006

Webley Spectre is made by FX Sweden. FX calls it the Cyclone; so at www,airgunsofarizona.com it is necessary to click on "rifles by brand" then click "FX" and choose either "Cyclone" or "Cyclone Walnut."

“I bought the Spectre in April of 2004 and frankly wish...”

Written on: 13/09/2005 by charles lewis (1 review written)

I bought the Spectre in April of 2004 and frankly wish I hadn't bothered, it lost power quickly and in my view is not the gun my Webley Longbow is, Spectre has now been sold, long live the Longbow… Read Full Review

“The Webley Spectre is my 3rd precharged rifle, I fell...”

Written on: 30/08/2005 by mjrboom (2 reviews written)

The Webley Spectre is my 3rd precharged rifle, I fell in love with the side-lever action and had to have it.
The 8-shot mag is nice and simple and while not the 10-shots I get with my Air arms S410, spare magazines are less than half the price. The rifle is not too picky about its pellets either like my old gunpower storm was.
I would definitely recommend the walnut stock option as although the synthetic stock looks and feels very nice it is cheaply made and mine was broken twice during… Read Full Review

“I just bought a Webley Spectre. It is a superb looking...”

Written on: 26/06/2005 by DFC (1 review written)

I just bought a Webley Spectre. It is a superb looking rifle very nice to handle and easily converted for LH shooting. I tested this gun on a crono using various better quality pellets, using the formula Ft per sec. times. Ft per sec. times grain weight of pellet. divided by 450240.
The results were a consistent and dissapointing 9Ft/Llbs with a variety of pellets. The power of the rifle is set at the factory very simply. I suggest buyers crono their rifles and see if this is a common problem… Read Full Review

“Webley Spectre to load 8 shot mag, 100 shots .22, very...”

Written on: 22/03/2005 by lummox (1 review written)

Webley Spectre to load 8 shot mag, 100 shots .22, very accurate. Need to know how to tweak for a little more power. Very easy to use, effortless shooting. With 4 or 5 pre loaded mags the easiest airgun shooting around. Need info on what pellets fit the gun best.

Lummox
philip.j.wright@btinternet.com… Read Full Review

Lummox's Response to lummox's Review

Written on: 27/04/2005

Ive spoken to other Spectre owners and all of them say the same great gun but woefully underpowered. Mines doing 9ftlbs! Ive now got to dismantle it and try to compress hammer springs or adjust airscrews? to get it near 12 ftlbs. We know that they are sold in their natural state at 27 - 30 ftlbs but why so strangled that the uk guns are 9ft lbs?
<br>
<br>Dissapointed owner!
<br>
<br>Lummox

271710_Lee23's Response to lummox's Review

Written on: 22/12/2006

To increase power, take the stock off by unscrewing the trigger guard screws and the stock will realease. If you have a plastic stock you will need to unscrew the cylender first (put a screwdriver in the refill hole and turn anti clockwise) on the bottom of the breech itself there is a bronze lug/screw unscrew untill completely out, there is a spring inside. Put three spring washers on the bronze screw, make sure they fit inside it (any more will be to much and you won&#039;t be able to recock) screw it back in as far as it will go. You might want to put some locktight on. Put you're stock back together and away you go its as simple as that. It should increase the power to about 23 24 psi but you're rifle will become totaly illegal.

Dfc's Response to lummox's Review

Written on: 26/06/2005

I agree i have crono tested my Spectre with a variety of quality pellets and its pushing 9Ft/Llbs. They are easy to ajust up to 12Ft but it will invalidate the warranty. Best thing is to send it back, perhaps they will be a little more careful when they set them at the factory if they get a few returns for retuning.

Corkosmylos's Response to lummox's Review

Written on: 16/05/2005

Jacketed pellets work best with the Spectre, such as the Prometheus pellet. Not the cheapest pellets, but almost certainly the fastest, with a metal head. They work incredibly well with the Spectre Mark 2.
You can find these pellets on mail order at www.outdoorsman.co.uk. Have fun.

“The Webley Spectre is my first ever PCP rifle. I have...”

Written on: 13/03/2005 by GavinMawston (1 review written)

The Webley Spectre is my first ever PCP rifle. I have had spring guns in the past and been fairly accurate. But this rifle takes the biscuit. Once I had zeroed the scopes there was no stopping me. Pellet on pellet time and time again. The only thing holding me back was the original scopes I had on the spring gun (4x28 nothing special). So off out to the local gun shop and some pennies later I returned with some 4-16x52. Now I have run out of space to shoot as my garden is only 25 yards and I… Read Full Review

“Wow what can I say? I've just purchased this gun and...”

Written on: 02/12/2004 by daza29 (1 review written)

Wow what can I say? I've just purchased this gun and would recommend it to anyone. If shot correctly I can put pellets through the same hole as the last one. Also the power is adjustable so I have read but the manual was very vague. can anyone advise me on this?… Read Full Review

Bolshie1917's Response to 178591_daza29's Review

Written on: 06/02/2005

Got mine yesterday. lovely walnut stock and as you say very accurate and quiet with the Webley 4" silencer. I agree with the manual being c**p! How does one adjust the power. It is advertised that you can. I am totally baffled. Any answers please?
<br>Regards
<br>bolshie

“What can I say? I couldn't be happier with the Webley...”

Written on: 17/10/2004 by mad4utd (2 reviews written)

What can I say? I couldn't be happier with the Webley Spectre, it is a very special gun produced by mainly FX of Sweden and sold on by Webley, but who cares? it does exactly what I expected it to do, accurate to the dot, lightweight, makes long sessions effortless, comfortable, sleek, and a great price. As an owner of a .177 air arms s410 also I rate this better, so that really should say it all. I'd recommend this gun to any shooter; its ease makes it great for the novice and perfect for the… Read Full Review

Lummox's Response to mad4utd's Review

Written on: 22/03/2005

My spectre dosent seem to be doing 12ftlbs any ideas how to tweak the power up a bit?

“I got the Webley Spectre about 3/4 weeks ago, got a...”

Written on: 17/10/2004 by adambarker (1 review written)

I got the Webley Spectre about 3/4 weeks ago, got a Zero Option 3-9 X 40 illuminated mil dot scope with it. When I got it home I put a few targets out at the end of my garden and stood at the back of my living room so it's about a 30 yards range. Took 8 shots (a whole clip) to Zero the scope, and after that, the gun hits anything you aim it at.

I wonder what people talk about when they ask me what the grouping is like.
Well put it this way , at 20 yards I can send the pellet through the… Read Full Review

426514_Blog1's Response to adambarker's Review

Written on: 20/12/2008

The rattle referred to above is not a fault, I forget the exact ins and outs of it but it s part of a design feature that results in more consistent power output

“Great weapon,, what a result! As my fist purchase of...”

Written on: 15/12/2003 by D70 (1 review written)

Great weapon,, what a result! As my fist purchase of an air weapon I could not want for anything better. When dialed in correcty with its Simons Whitetail Classic scope it just seems unstoppable.
Nailing bang on every time. Makes the sport seem very easy… Read Full Review

Sam Da Man's Response to D70's Review

Written on: 05/07/2004

I am going to buy a spectre, I tried it out at a range it seems very light and acurate I reckon it will make a great field gun and target gun how much did you spend???

Mad4Utd's Response to D70's Review

Written on: 19/09/2004

I've managed to pick up a spectre which is currently being serviced but have not yet used. could you tell me approx how many shots you got per fill before it needed recharging? I’ve read the webley specifications but I owned a venom mamba before this gun and that didn’t tally to their figures. wondered if this was the case too.