The Master Thatcher, Taunton Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Master Thatcher, Taunton - Ask a question now

“Sunday afternoon Carvery, 3 January 2010. ”

Written on: 04/01/2010

Sunday afternoon Carvery, 3 January 2010.

This was the most shocking and concerning experience I have had in a restaurant .

When I have my children with me at weekends I enjoy taking them somewhere nice to eat. On this occasion I just had my 15-year-old daughter with me.

When we arrived the waitresses were very polite and courteous with us, but the first sign of the bad things to come was when my daughter and I mistakenly picked up the plates for our carvery before the chef, and we were told… Read Full Review

“food, was very nice and tasted to be of a very good...”

Written on: 06/03/2009 by egpyland (1 review written)

food, was very nice and tasted to be of a very good quality. the staff were very friendy aand helpful.
the new menu is varied and offers alot of choice, and the handcut steak concept is unique only to the master thatcher… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Cold food, cold staff, cold plates. Possibly THE WORST...”

Written on: 16/04/2008 by datechreviews (1 review written)

Cold food, cold staff, cold plates. Possibly THE WORST place I have eaten in Taunton. There were 4 of us there and it was 38 minutes (after we started timing) between the first and the fourth getting their food… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I visited the Master Thatcher on 4.12.07 for the first...”

Written on: 10/12/2007

I visited the Master Thatcher on 4.12.07 for the first time in ages. Myself and a friend thought it would be a good idea to visit for this reason. The staff seemed friendly when we arrived and showed us to a table for food. Things then went down hill! The food that we had ordered was totally unacceptable and had to be returned. The waitress was very apologetic but the so called manageress was rude and aggressive and made me feel like i had to apologise for their food!
I will not be… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I really cannot find very much to recommend the Master...”

Written on: 16/11/2005 by tomdickharry (6 reviews written)

I really cannot find very much to recommend the Master Thatcher restaurant in Taunton. The food was awful, and so was the service. They have the cheek to charge a price that they suggest is something special. Initially, it was OK when it first opened in 1997-8ish, but it rapidly went done hill. I have been back a few times to give it a second chance, but never again!… Read Full Review