Blinko www.blinko.com Reviews

☆☆☆☆☆
  • Website Quality (Design, Style etc)

• Website Features

Blinko www.blinko.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Blinko www.blinko.com

Blinko www.blinko.com
Blinko www.blinko.com

“I'm trying to get my ringtone and it didn't download...”

Written on: 20/03/2008 by BIONIC WOMAN (1 review written)

I'm trying to get my ringtone and it didn't download as far as I am aware, I would like to cancel my membership but in my opinion it's not working? I got disconnected on the phone and as far as I am aware they have not yet tried to contact me?… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“My own experiences. I don't have my "sign in...”

Written on: 10/02/2008

My own experiences. I don't have my "sign in information" because I don't know it. I cant find anything to help me if you don't. No other boxes pop up. Please comment me, or make a way for me to contact you.
You need to have a place that actually shows a way to get you to fix these charges and return my money for services unused, at least have a place I can call you or email you without it being public. So if I can't get you, you can get me through my email. I don't use text messaging and… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Good news... contact your Service Provider when you...”

Written on: 04/09/2007 by Toska (1 review written)

Good news... contact your Service Provider when you find their CHARGE on your bill. They know about these folks and will take the charge OFF! Don't help these people by doing nothing!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I was on a website just looking around and wanted to...”

Written on: 24/05/2007 by Zerothree (1 review written)

I was on a website just looking around and wanted to hear a Steelers ringtone that was being advertised it said to put in my phone number to view the ringtones after I do that I get a text from Blinko which had nothing to do with where I was with a 4 digit code to enter to access the ringtones. Then after all that I get a text 15 minutes later thanking me for joining and I was like "what?". I immediately cancelled. Then I called them explaining there was a mistake, I was not interested in their… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“They advertise free ringtones, yet they bill you for...”

Written on: 25/10/2006 by blondie123 (1 review written)

They advertise free ringtones, yet they bill you for them every month. Forget about trying to get anyone on the phone at Blinko, as all you get is a recording… Read Full Review

Jyoung229's Response to 264615_blondie123's Review

Written on: 07/12/2006

The same thing happened to my daughter.
<br/>She never subscribed to anything, but Blinko billed $9.99 a month for 6 months until we realized it.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I inadvertently signed up at Blinko, not realizing it...”

Written on: 12/10/2006 by candhow (1 review written)

I inadvertently signed up at Blinko, not realizing it would cost me almost $15 a month. After I cancelled, they continued to deduct the charges from my pay-as-you-go phone until I finally had to just cancel my phone. I wrote to them numerous times, and they said they cancelled my service but then they would deduct the charges again the next month. Do not sign up for this… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Blinko charged me $3.99 for a ringtone and $9.99 for...”

Written on: 04/08/2006 by rguyah (1 review written)

Blinko charged me $3.99 for a ringtone and $9.99 for text alerts, which caused Sprint to charge me $2.10 for text messages. None of which I use or subscribe to. There are no humans to speak to if you call, and their customer service application on the website does not work. You can cancel by calling (800) 971-2271. I called and cancelled, but who knows if it really gets cancelled… Read Full Review

259811_Jmrjmr's Response to rguyah's Review

Written on: 16/09/2006

I ran into the same situation with Blinko, and I called the 800 and spoke to someone and cancelled ... or so I thought. I just realized that 5 months later I'm still being charged for a ring tone I never was able to download, and text messages from them on my sprint phone. I'd advise you to call Sprint customer service and have them block them from additional charges, or you'll end up continuing to pay like I did.

Dieruff's Response to rguyah's Review

Written on: 30/09/2006

I tried to download a ringtone from Blinko, and at some point they said my phone doesn't qualify for the ringtone. So, it was cancelled.
<br/>
<br>Of course, I was billed $9.99 through Verizon Wireless.
<br>
<br/>I have tried to get a credit, but Blinko blinked and said no. I found out where they are though.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Blinko charged my pre-paid card for text messages I...”

Written on: 27/07/2006 by rustina327 (1 review written)

Blinko charged my pre-paid card for text messages I never authorized. Now, when I try to get all my money refunded to my pre-paid card, I never receive a response. All I get is there is no such e-mail website. I had to put a block on my text messages, so now I cannot even use the services that Verizon offers me because of Blinko. I wish there was a way to get the refund from Blinko credited to my prepaid card!… Read Full Review

Toeswest's Response to rustina327's Review

Written on: 04/10/2006

I don't know if it will help, but I sent this email today to Blinko, an FCC Commissioner and 2 Verizon executives:
<br/>
<br/>"Just after 1pm on September 3rd, an unsolicited premium SMS message from 42222 was sent to my Verizon Wireless cell phone (***.***.****). Sure, the messages stated that I could reply with STOP to opt out (which never worked by the way - always undeliverable), but in any case, I never opted in to any trivia game or otherwise.
<br/>
<br/>Imagine my surprise when I reviewed my last Verizon Wireless phone bill to discover that a monthly Premium SMS message charge of $9.99 had been levied. Please review page 17 of the attached Verizon Wireless statement. For the purposes of processing a refund, you will find my billing address on page 1. Please treat the entire statement as confidential information.
<br/>
<br/>I need to know that you will be cooperating with reversing any and all 42222 Premium SMS charges made to my phone, in which case we can simply write this off as an accounting mistake. For informational purposes, I have copied an FCC Commissioner and Verizon executives on this email."

☆☆☆☆☆

“I didn't order anything from Blinko, and I had never...”

Written on: 19/07/2006 by sherap (1 review written)

I didn't order anything from Blinko, and I had never heard of the company. I have never tried to download anything for my cell phone. I have never even sent a text message to them. I didn't ask for, or receive anything from Blinko, and they charged my phone bill $9.99 for an unspecified "download". Their phone system is a maze of recordings all ending in the same thing: go to our website to contact us. I filled out a website form (no contact information is available on the website). I got an… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Blinko billed my Verizon account for services I did...”

Written on: 02/06/2006 by aajamom2 (1 review written)

Blinko billed my Verizon account for services I did not even receive. They won't answer any of my emails. How can they get away with this? Do not give this company any information. They will charge you and not give you their services… Read Full Review

Toeswest's Response to 245528_aajamom2's Review

Written on: 04/10/2006

Did you sort this out?

☆☆☆☆☆

“The Blinko ringtone and wallpaper website sucks!! I...”

Written on: 31/05/2006 by goverton (1 review written)

The Blinko ringtone and wallpaper website sucks!! I can not contact anyone by phone. There is no place on the web site to unsubscribe. I think it would be very nice if someone would contact me to let you know if the problem has be solved… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have been billed by Blinko for April and May at...”

Written on: 08/05/2006 by jimlacroix (1 review written)

I have been billed by Blinko for April and May at $9.99 each month for a service that I did not request and don't even know about. Frankly I didn't know anything at all about this download stuff until I began this refund quest.

The phone service sends you to "m-cube.com" who provide the billing, but they claim they only pass the billing through, and you must contact the "service" to get a refund, in this case "Blinko", and I have had no success yet.

I have placed a download block on all… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Blinko crammed my account with services that I never...”

Written on: 05/05/2006 by dcw (1 review written)

Blinko crammed my account with services that I never ordered, and my phone which does not even accept their material. I had never heard of them until I received a bill from Verizon wireless… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I never knew something like this even existed. I was...”

Written on: 28/03/2006 by binkedBYblinko (1 review written)

I never knew something like this even existed. I was charged $9.99 three times on my Verizon bill within two billing periods, and I could not get in touch with Blinko customer service. Verizon was virtually no help at all. I had to put a text block on my phone to insure it would not happen again. How much money is Blinko making on these charges?… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Blinko are formerly known as Dirty Hippo, and they...”

Written on: 07/03/2006 by strangewingz (1 review written)

Blinko are formerly known as Dirty Hippo, and they sent out a text message to my cell phone, and then billed the account for services that were never ordered or wanted. It can be difficult to have the unwanted charges removed… Read Full Review

239206_Rallaw's Response to strangewingz's Review

Written on: 18/04/2006

I agreed with this person. I didn't even known that I was being charged for this. I remember seeing the word "free" some place. The phone company told me that I missed the fine print. They were good enough to remove the charge for me, and I promptly cancelled the subscription today. By the way, I got the phone number from the phone company. It was 800-971-2271.

Pamella999's Response to strangewingz's Review

Written on: 18/08/2006

I agree, we should be able to do something, Blinko charged my verizon phone $9.99. I saw an add for a free ring however when I send the text message, I discovered that it was not for free, I unsubsribe however they are still charging me and I cannot get in touch with anyone at the 1800-971-2271

250869_Tahiti's Response to strangewingz's Review

Written on: 12/07/2006

Thank you for the phone number. I spent at least an hour talking to verizon again today but still can&#039;t get them to reverse the $9.99 charge for ?. I never ordered or received anything for the money. I think we should get together and take them to court for stealing our time and money.

“I am very disappointed with the Blinko ringtone and...”

Written on: 01/02/2006 by Randy Hull (1 review written)

I am very disappointed with the Blinko ringtone and wallpaper website service. I can't access the ringtone they sent me, and they won't cancel my service… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“The Blinko ringtone and wallpaper website is the most...”

Written on: 30/11/2005 by Nadar (1 review written)

The Blinko ringtone and wallpaper website is the most unconscionable business I have dealt with in a long time. It is to be expected since they are a renamed Dirty Hippo (see the reviews on THAT).

They charged me $18 for services I never requested… Read Full Review

“First time I have actually got what I paid for, good...”

Written on: 16/10/2005 by logan6 (1 review written)

First time I have actually got what I paid for, good value, no hidden tricks. I even had a problem with my download, and the Blinko customer support team got back to me pretty quickly and even gave me some bonus content. Site could use some more real music ringtones, but definitely will be going back… Read Full Review