BuddyBackup BuddyBackup BETA Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

BuddyBackup BuddyBackup BETA - Ask a question now

“It's a smart little tool that backs up files without...”

Written on: 13/05/2010

It's a smart little tool that backs up files without having to think about it and it doesn't cost anything which is perfect!

I liked how quick it was to set up, however I had to wait for a couple of 'buddies' to join too before I could backup remotely. I like that I can backup to my portable HD drive too.

“BuddyBackup BETA is a really cool bit of data recovery...”

Written on: 09/01/2006 by jimboj (2 reviews written)

BuddyBackup BETA is a really cool bit of data recovery and back up software which allows you to backup your files to your friends over the internet.

You get it to watch a bunch of folders and then specify which of your friends you want to back up to (they have to be using the software too). Then, it backs up your files over the internet automatically.

It compresses and encrypts all the files when it sends them so that its secure and uses as little bandwidth as possible.

The only issue is… Read Full Review

“I'm new to using data backup so I'm no expert but...”

Written on: 30/10/2005 by jezsmith (5 reviews written)

I'm new to using data backup so I'm no expert but BuddyBackup is really easy to use and it does the job for what I need. You just pick out the files you want to back up then it watches them and backs them up securely on your friends computers.
Was a bit dubious at first, but after I gave it a go I'm pleased… Read Full Review

“Its FREE! ”

Written on: 17/10/2005 by wakko (1 review written)

Its FREE!
BuddyBackup is really easy to get files back if you need to. It can be a bit difficult though if your Buddies aren't online as much as you'd like them to be/when you need them to be.
I'd say it's best for a form of secondary data backup… Read Full Review

“Buddy Backup is good because it takes all the hassle...”

Written on: 14/10/2005 by bonny0 (1 review written)

Buddy Backup is good because it takes all the hassle out of backing up important files as it watches them and updates the changes automatically. It has given me real peace of mind knowing that my essays are stored in a different location in case I have a computer disaster/fire/theft etc.
The interface is easy to understand and the icons change colour to let you know how many copies of your work are backed up to different users which nice good to see… Read Full Review