Berketex Bride, Kingston Reviews

Berketex Bride, Kingston - Ask a question now

“ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING SERVICE!”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by julita1 (1 review written)

I ordered a bridesmaid dress from this salon at the beginning of March. I was assured that my dress will be ready before the wedding - 26th June 2014 (as apparently it never takes longer than 12 weeks to arrive). There made a mistake in the order and wrote the date in August instead and my dress has never arrived until mid July. Of course, they assured me at the beginning of June, that my dress will still be ready by the end of the month and then ignored my phone calls when it never arrived on… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE”

Written on: 12/09/2013 by bride01 (1 review written)

I am a bride 9 days away from wedding, dress ordered and paid for in febuary and i have no dress, get nothing from customer service, management, even been to head office. If you dont want your experiance to be runied use another company!!!! STAY WELL AWAY FROM BERKETEX BRIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! … Read Full Review

Mrsangelat's Response to bride01's Review

Written on: 01/10/2014

I agree!! Berketex have tried the best to ruin my day! Charging me extra money a few days before my wedding and threatening me with not letting me have my dress if I don't pay it. They are devious merchants. I have no idea how they get away with it. They act like super budget retailers yet charge average prices. Seriously avoid them. There's so much choice, why risk it?! I wish I hadn't. Head office people are even ruder and more inept than the people in the store.

“Awful”

Written on: 22/04/2013

I booked an appointment to look for a dress in berketex bride . Upon arrival no one was free, we had to wait, no apology offered. We were told to look at dresses until someone was free. Finally an assistant came to help, she asked what sort of dress I was after, and I said I wanted one without a train, to which she abruptly replied there weren't any and it would be difficult to find a dress without a train. She then carried on showing me numerous dresses with very long trails and told me they… Read Full Review

“The worst experience of my life!”

Written on: 05/03/2013

The most unhelpful, unfriendly, rude staff I have ever encountered. Awful customer service - actually no customer service. I loved the dress and am so glad I took it to a different store for alternations as Berketex have tried their hardest to ruin one of the most special parts of my wedding. If you ever plan on buying a wedding dress, please do not buy it from them. I would not want anyone to experience the day I did when seeing my dress for the first time. My veil was faulty, the shop… Read Full Review

“Appalling”

Written on: 25/09/2012

I had a terrible experience. - High pressure sales telling me if I didn't order that day I wouldn't get a dress in time for my wedding 7 months away. - Claimed there was a 2 day sale on that ended that day yet a month later the sale was miraculously still on. - Head office impossible to get hold of - no phone numbers listed online. - I cancelled my order days after placing it and lost my entire deposit. The dress had not been made. - When I did finally get through, people were unresponsive… Read Full Review

Jsb143's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2012

I would totally agree, I ordered my dress my fitting date was cancelled by the store went two weeks later and my dress was plucked and had threads all over the ties. this is two weeks before my wedding I have not dress they didnt say sorry. I are completley un ressponsove to my plight , morole of this story do not buy a dress from them now 9 days before my wedding with no dress and no one returning my calls and still no I am sorry

“Rip off”

Written on: 06/08/2012 by richardmc (1 review written)

Well where do i start my partner and i was getting marries and she had placed a order for the dress with Berketex with your friendly Berketex store in portsmonth with a cost of over £2000 she paid £500 as a deposit 1 month later we have split up and you would have throught that Berketex would have given her some of the money back but NO and the dress is not even made so BERKETEX are getting £500 out of spits i think that if you buy anything from this shop you need you head read… Read Full Review

“Think Twice”

Written on: 25/07/2012

We have just bought my daughter's wedding dress from Berketex London. I am so pleased that our dealings with this company are over!! Apart from the first sales assistant whom we saw when we chose the dress, staff have been rude and condescending. We have had them actually undermining and arguing with us in the shop. Once they have your money, customer service goes out of the window. I don't know how they continue to trade. For us, they turned what should've been very exiting and… Read Full Review

Bridezchlo's Comment

Written on: 20/08/2012

I Agree with you this company are awful, we got our daughters wedding dress from this company, at the cost of 1-500, not cheap by any means. Their fitter made our daughter cry on her fitting date and in addition to this called her a liar about the type of underwear she had told her to bring with her to her fitting date. After complaining to customer service team, who were useless, it was agreed that they woul clean and box the wedding dress by means of compensation. Big mistake letting them do this as it wasn't cleaned properly, it was still dirty when it came back and to add insult it injury, the shop we got the dress from lost our daughters veil that she had been married in, irreplaceable item due to the sentimental value of it. We are so upset by this company.their attitude is we will replace the veil for you what more do u want. I also agree with the fact that once they have sold you the dress their interest in you rapidly declines.
Avoid this company like the plague.

“Badly fitted, far too big”

Written on: 02/04/2012

When they tell you they'll order a dress three sizes too big who would argue with the professionals? Steer clear of this place. Once they have your money they don't give a hoot. My dress is saggy and loose, has a sticking out bit at the front where my stonamch is flat and is far too high. Looks horrendous and I'm getting married this weekend. What do I do now? I feel conned by the poor workmanship of the alteration and order size. Don't go near them… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/07/2012

We've had a pretty bad experience too. We found the dream dress but had to pay a 50% deposit before we left the shop. The balance had to be paid before we even saw the dress. We paid for 3 alterations up front but only got 1. Staff badly need lessons in Customer Care as we were reprimanded quite strongly first about being late for an appointment then about being early!!! Advice: shop around for other stockists!!

“I went to a wedding fair and tried on a Berketex gown...”

Written on: 21/02/2011

I went to a wedding fair and tried on a Berketex gown which i loved.

Unfortunately no one was with me except for my fiance, as i had no intention of trying on any dresses. A few weeks later my cousin who lives in another city came over, to come with me to try this gown plus others i had seen and liked on their website.

My closest Berketex branch is Richmond, Kingston which i called to ensure they had those particular gowns and to make an appt. The women assured me they had all the gowns and… Read Full Review

“I bought my bridesmaids dresses and wedding dress from...”

Written on: 29/10/2010 by wrightright (1 review written)

I bought my bridesmaids dresses and wedding dress from Berketex last year and was intially shocked when I was told my fitting would be three weeks before my wedding! But considering I'd told them I would like to lose at least three stone before my big day this actually worked in my favour because it meant I could order a size down from my measurements and lose the weight in the months up to the wedding, instead of getting my alts done months before when the dress would actually be too big for… Read Full Review

“well i thought i was getting a bargain. 3 bridesmaids...”

Written on: 10/09/2010 by jlanchbj (1 review written)

well i thought i was getting a bargain. 3 bridesmaids dresses for the price of 2!! £289 each initially. girls were measured up and i was told i had to pay an extra £30 for one of the girls because of her height. My dress was a sale dress but i was told i had to pay £180 for alterations. i wanted to know how much it would cost altogether. my contract was just over £1000!
took bridesmaid for first fittings after paying for the dresses only to be told that alteration would be £100 for EACH… Read Full Review

“Berketex Brides are generally awful. They will take...”

Written on: 15/07/2010

Berketex Brides are generally awful. They will take your money and if anything goes wrong instead of going out of their way to help you, its the opposite - you are on your own, forget your money you've lost it. You're left to make the best out of a bad decision - shopping at berketex. DON'T DO IT!… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/08/2011

I totally agree, worst service I have ever had to deal with. After problems with my back posture through no fault of my own the dress I have paid in full is no longer suitable for me. They are not willing to offer me another dress or any kind of refund as a good will gesture, so I have took it upon myself to sell it privately due to lack of help & stress from Berketex. I also paid £25 towards alterations prior to this which I no longer need due to me selling the dress & now they will not let me take my dress that i have paid for from the shop to sell it unless I pay for the alterations in full which is £100!! I am so mad & upset that they do not seem bothered by helping me out, I have done nothing but stress thanks to there poor service. They just want your money & then nothing more to do with you.
They seem to think I may get my money back from alterations should I write to head office & ask for it, what kind of service is that, if anything they should pay me my £25 back.
I would never recommend anyone to buy from there, stay well clear!!

“After buying and paying for my dress in full (big...”

Written on: 03/06/2010

After buying and paying for my dress in full (big mistake!!) I asked if it would be possible to change the size ordered as I had recently had a baby and intended on losing a lot of weight before the big day. Head office sent me a letter in Aug agreeing and stating 2 options- if I let them know by the end of Dec I would incur no extra cost. If I informed them of the size in the new year I would incur a late order fee and the dress would not be guaranteed to arrive more than a week before my… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/07/2011

That is absoultly disgusting, but sadly i couldnt agree more with you im lucky to been pulling out of my order only paying £700 outta £3000 to them beucase of what....poor customer services!!!! could you send me your email id love to talk more on this matter with you and see what you did after.

“My daughter's experience of Berketex, was a...”

Written on: 20/06/2009 by isobel brown (1 review written)

My daughter's experience of Berketex, was a suffocating nightmare which left her receiving her dress, not the shape she ordered, less than 24 hours before her wedding on the 3rd May 2008. The dress arrived in-store after successive calls to their head office, far too late for the proper alterations to be made, alterations, for which I had already paid £180. After 3 fittings, the dress was as far removed from the original model as on the day of purchase, and to top it all, on her wedding… Read Full Review

Bliss1179's Response to isobel brown's Review

Written on: 28/07/2010

i bought my drees from the maidstone store in april 2010 to find out when i got home that it had all black marks down it so i took it back to the shop after loads off calls to the head office !! they tryed to tell me that i had got married and put marks there myself but i am not getting married untill septeber this year so they said to send the dress which i did costing me £25 pounds to send to find out today they have sent it back with no letter not even a phone call to say they was sending it what a joke they dont want to help this is ment to be for the happist day off ur life not crying on the phone to them dont think they should be getting away with all this if any one wants to email me it is bliss1179(at)hotmail.com just put subject as bad berketex i am thinking off going to watch dog with it is any 1 up for that mite just get some where with it all !!!!!!! lol

Guest's Response to isobel brown's Review

Written on: 10/07/2011

Hi i am currently having problems with a berketex store due to awful customer service bliss1179 would you email me id love to talk about the service in maidstone you recived! :) x_laydeelou_X@hotmail.co.uk

“My Daughters dress was ordered and paid for last year...”

Written on: 28/04/2008 by MARSHA50 (1 review written)

My Daughters dress was ordered and paid for last year and arrived 2 weeks ago, not finished, detailing all missing and alterations needed. We fly on Saturday and are hoping it will be finished and ready to pick up on Thursday. Don't settle for the phrase ' you only need 1 fitting which will be 4 weeks before the wedding' As thats what they told us all along and they are still trying to sort this all out… Read Full Review

“I was disappointed to read the bad review on this...”

Written on: 18/03/2008

I was disappointed to read the bad review on this forum. After visiting my local Berkertex shop in Aberdeen I came away delighted with the service my three bridesmaids and i received. We are now awaiting the arrival of all our dresses (now anxious after reading this) in June… Read Full Review

“Compared to a couple of other local boutiques - whom I...”

Written on: 30/05/2007 by Keira O (1 review written)

Compared to a couple of other local boutiques - whom I found to be very pushy - Berkertex were great! One local store was really rude - I told her 3 times that I wasn't going to buy until my mum had seen the dress, but she kept asking if she could write the contract up!! Don't go to small stores - go to Berkertex Bride!… Read Full Review

“I did visit a local store (can't remember the name),...”

Written on: 25/05/2007 by Lucy Holmes (1 review written)

I did visit a local store (can't remember the name), and found the assistant knew nothing about the dresses or the designers she stocked. She really tried to pressure me into buying a gown on the day, even though I clearly said (3 TIMES!) that I was only trying on today and would want to come back with my mum for a second appointment. They didn't listen to me - The service there was not a patch on Berkertex Bride in Kingston!!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“After shopping at Berkertex Bride, I found small high...”

Written on: 06/03/2007 by gsalerno (1 review written)

After shopping at Berkertex Bride, I found small high street shops and boutiques a much better experience with a range of sizes to try on… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Beware of Berkertex Bride. My sisters and I ordered...”

Written on: 08/10/2005 by claire005 (1 review written)

Beware of Berkertex Bride. My sisters and I ordered wedding and bridesmaids dresses from their Kingston branch back in April. We tried on the only sizes available in the shop (14's and 16's), ordered and paid deposits. We were assured that the dresses would be ready for us to try on at least a month before the wedding. With 3 weeks to go to the wedding day, we phoned to arrange fitting appointments and were told that the dresses were not ready! We were devastated to discover that alterations… Read Full Review