Mannatech Ambrotose Reviews

Mannatech Ambrotose - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Mannatech Ambrotose

Mannatech Ambrotose

“I purchased a recommended group of products for my...”

Written on: 02/09/2013 by jacksprat123 (1 review written)

I purchased a recommended group of products for my husband who has the onset of altzheimers .I began taking the "optimal support packets" because he was stubborn and wouldn't take them and I didn't want to waste my money.I had been having Pain and aching in my shoulder from bursitis ,keeping me awake at night so that I would have to get up an take ibprophen ,aspirins etc...I can't really say when I realized that I was sleeping through the night… Read Full Review

Mannatech Ambrotose

“Inactive Distributor, Active Consumer”

Written on: 28/10/2011 by scottieb0623 (1 review written)

I have had RSD syndrome 3 times. The first time, didn't know it. Second time, I had it for six years, was diagnosed and treated for it. It is a very painful condition, and many of the tests involved are as well. I was on class II narcotics, and they had to keep increasing the strength of the medication. I met a lady at church that introduced me to it. I am a class A skeptic, but I thought, "Well, nothing else is fixing the problem, what do I have to lose but more money?" I took Ambrotose and… Read Full Review

Mannatech Ambrotose

“In my opinion, if you are spending money on...”

Written on: 05/01/2010

In my opinion, if you are spending money on supplements, Ambrotose should be at the top of that list… Read Full Review

Mannatech Ambrotose

“-GMP ( same production standard as for medicine)”

Written on: 05/06/2009 by olavurthomsen (1 review written)

-GMP ( same production standard as for medicine)
-Toxic free (not many things you put in your mouth are this pure)
-It's food, not medicine! Proper nutrition is essential for healthy organs in your body.

Now 3 years experience + Wife and 3 children - We love sharing Mannatech with anyone and everyone.

Thanks for reading :-) olavurthomsen@gmail.com

Horcrux's Response to olavurthomsen's Review

Written on: 24/06/2009

I disagree with this review because... the taste of sugar alone (not even actually swallowing the stuff) improves motor skills. For a news review article on this see http://road.cc/content/news/4710-taste-sugar-enough-brain-boost-bodys-performance , I'll try and find the paper later in the unlikely event anyone wants to see it.<br/><br/>So this benefit listed by the reviewer is achievable simply by rinsing your mouth with a solution of normal sugar in water, so there's no justification for an expensive product like Mannatech's. Sugar from your supermarket is much cheaper if anyone is actually taking this product for the benefits suggested by this paper.<br/><br/>I am pleased that Mannatech are actually undertaking proper trials (which this sounds like, I can't access the proper paper as it's behind a pay-wall). It may just be to keep the customers happy so that they can be told trials are underway, rather than for any belief that the product has any benefit, but it's a start.<br/><br/>Furthermore the paper referred to in the review is by scientists at Howard University in Wasington, not Harvard. Not that this makes any difference to the science, but it might annoy the scientists.

Mannatech Ambrotose

“I have actively been using this product for about two...”

Written on: 19/01/2009 by LilAssociate (1 review written)

I have actively been using this product for about two months now. It has totally transformed my energy level and I am much more mentally acute. When you work with a lot of kids in a lot of different age groups, the more mental acuity, mental strength, and physical stamina you can get the better. I am a firm believe in what Ambrotose does, and the rest of the product line offered… Read Full Review

Mannatech Ambrotose

“I use the capsules which is very convenient and...”

Written on: 03/01/2009 by PatriciaB (1 review written)

I use the capsules which is very convenient and portable. It is a lot better than taking over-the-counter vitamins; my body defintiely feels the difference. My brother and sister-inlaw introduced me to Mannatech products. The children's gummy bear vitamins are really great for chidren. My niece and nephew have benefited greatly from these vitamins… Read Full Review

Mannatech Ambrotose

“You can try them for 90 days with a no questions asked...”

Written on: 23/11/2008 by glyco man (1 review written)

You can try them for 90 days with a no questions asked money back guarantee. So there is really no reason not to try them for your self.

Don't take my word for it, try them yourself and you'll feel more energetic and healthy… Read Full Review

Mannatech Ambrotose

“My mother, age 49 was diagnosed with polymyositis...”

Written on: 26/09/2008 by soogkim (1 review written)

My mother, age 49 was diagnosed with polymyositis about 2+ years ago, which is a form of rheumatism. She lost the use of her arms and legs for a period due to the deterioration of her muscles and/or joints. Her treatment for this condition has been taking methotrexate once a week.

About four month ago, she stopped taking the methotrexate and started taking this ambrotose supplement. Although I scolded her for going off doctor prescribed medication for some quack multi level marketed… Read Full Review

Glyco Man's Response to soogkim's Review

Written on: 23/11/2008

I agree with this review because...if it was a placebo effect then the medication should have worked also and it didn't. Nutrition is the key folks.

Sisterbee's Response to soogkim's Review

Written on: 02/11/2009

I found this review very helpful because... I have started taking Mannatech Ambrotose Complex a month ago and am still awaiting any sign of results, but have resignes to continue for six months at least.

Shellydawn's reply to Sisterbee's Comment

Written on: 29/10/2012

continue taking the Ambrotose, it helps for your overall health. One way I know this is when I STOP taking the product, I can tell by how I feel. It even helps allergies....trust me.

Horcrux's Response to soogkim's Review

Written on: 08/12/2008

This is called regression to the mean. Someone very ill is going to get better. It is not surprising that as an individual they assume that what they did immediately before they got better was responsible for the recovery. That is why we ignore 'anecdotal data' and instead look to clinical trails.<br/><br/>Regarding Glycoman's comment - Glycoman doesn't understand what a placebo is. Two different placebos will have different effects unless they are presented in exactly the same way. It's quite fascinating. Green placebo pills work better than red ones, injections have a better placebo effect than pills, two placebo pills work better than one.<br/><br/>I doubt that this particular case is purely a placebo effect (there will be some placebo effect, as there is in every treatment), I believe it is much more down to 'regression to the mean' as described above. We can't be sure until we run what are called double blind controlled trials. I believe that these have been running on this product for over 7 years now (they were meant to be completed within 3 years). So far the trials (paid for by Mannatech and headed by someone well paid by Mannatech) have published no positive effect for these pills. I would suggest that you probably shouldn't bother with a treatment which has not been found to have any beneficial effect, but it's entirely up to the individual.

Mannatech Ambrotose

“As a person being on Mannatech since 1996 for FM and...”

Written on: 22/09/2008 by Bygolley (1 review written)

As a person being on Mannatech since 1996 for FM and CFS, I would like to know what you are taking. I was part of the study done by Dr. K. Dykeman. I will not say I am cured. Let the Dr. do that and my Dr. say I no longer have any of symptons that I was plaqued with, including 30 of the 32. Please use the plus, ambrotose, and AO. That is not what they had when I started, but everyone reacts differently. Remember that these products do not offer a cure, but can possibly give you a better… Read Full Review

Mannatech Ambrotose

“Such good products that will make you feel great...”

Written on: 21/09/2008 by bloom88 (1 review written)

Such good products that will make you feel great inside and out. By working really hard on the financial benefits that the Mannatech gives by sharing it to others, you are on your way to the top! By the way, let me just highlight 2 words. That is if you WORK HARD! Still have fun doing it! If you love what you do, it will love you back! In addition, You will hear many allegations about Mannatech because the drug companies do not like this product as it is understandable and without any doubt… Read Full Review

Sisterbee's Response to bloom88's Review

Written on: 02/11/2009

I found this review helpful because I am considering how long to use these products before any results will be seen.

Mannatech Ambrotose

“Governesscarrie. As we all know, there will always be...”

Written on: 17/07/2008 by kerynharris (1 review written)

Governesscarrie. As we all know, there will always be someone out there that wants to show they know more, have more detail and want to prove us wrong. We both know what these products can do for ourselves and others. As for placebo, well, if it's true... it's isn't wonderful that this company has a product that has such an amazing placebo affect on all people that give it a go for long enough. What we need more in this world is positive people that are willing to give this "placebo" ago and… Read Full Review

Horcrux's Response to 383239_kerynharris's Review

Written on: 04/08/2008

Keryn, I am happy for you to make your own decision as to whether you want to use this product, it makes no difference to me. If someone chooses to make what I consider a bad decision, that is up to them. There is one small proviso to this and that is that the person making the decision is not lied to.<br/><br/>If anyone has told you this product cures anything, it is a lie. If anyone has told you that this product will stop you getting an illness that too is a lie.<br/><br/>If these were not lies this product would not be classified as a food, it would be classified as a medicine. Mannatech make no claims that it cures or prevents any illness. I think there's a good reason why. It's because it doesn't.<br/><br/>I think that the placebo effect is wonderful (as I've said elsewhere). However, I can't promote it like you can, because an essential part of the placebo effect is to let people believe that a treatment will do something when it won't.<br/><br/>It's hard to decide what to do, let them take an expensive (expensive placebo's like this one work better) treatment which in reality does nothing, knowing that they will get a placebo benefit. Or tell them the truth, stopping them getting that placebo effect.<br/><br/>I'm for transparency and honesty. How about you?

Glyco Man's Response to 383239_kerynharris's Review

Written on: 09/12/2008

I found this review helpful because... It is based on a person's personal story and not heresay. It has also worked for my entire family. To many symptoms to enumerate and it would not be appropriate to state them because it's not compliant with DSHEA.

Mannatech Ambrotose

“I am very happy with this product.”

Written on: 25/12/2007 by datoptalent (1 review written)

I am very happy with this product… Read Full Review

Mannatech Ambrotose

“I saw Mannatech Ambrotose, Glyconutrients advertised...”

Written on: 26/11/2007 by Yoyomahcello (1 review written)

I saw Mannatech Ambrotose, Glyconutrients advertised on a Fibromyalgia site. I was contacted by a Mannatech Associate and was advised that Ambrotose could help with all my ailments - Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Asthma, allergies etc. I was also told that I wouldn't need to continue to take the vitamin, mineral and herbal supplements I had been using.
Now, 4 months on, my asthma has worsened, my cholesterol levels have gone up and my fibromyalgia and arthritis are unchanged.
The Associate… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/11/2007

I found this review helpful because...it describes exactly why I am concerned about Mannatech.
<br/>
<br/>Firstly, I'd stop right now and save your money. Mannatech's products, despite trials, have never been shown to work better than placebo. Mannatech themselves will tell you that their product does not treat any illness. If you have evidence that one of their Associates told you it would treat your illness (ideally written), report them to Mannatech and Mannatech will take action against the Associate and should desist from letting this Associate continue.
<br/>
<br/>The Mannatech products are unlikely to be doing you any harm. The raised cholesterol and worsened asthma are unlikely to be due to the Mannatech product. The Mannatech product should not affect you either positively or negatively.
<br/>
<br/>As I've stated all over this product's reviews, Mannatech only offers a placebo effect. With placebos, increasing dose has a bigger placebo effect, so I find it very interesting that the Associate has told you to take a larger dose. This product is hugely expensive for a placebo and it sounds like you have serious illnesses and symptoms that deserve proper treatment.
<br/>
<br/>If the Mannatech Associate has advised you to stop taking anything prescribed by your Doctor, this is very serious and it is very important that you report them as their advice has the potential to be fatal.
<br/>
<br/>I'm sorry to hear that you have been misled. Please consider how much you are spending on this supplement which has never been shown to have any benefit, before you continue. Your money is to valuable to give it away to someone who is happy to mislead you. Mannatech representatives should know that they cannot make these false claims, Mannatech themselves will tell you that these claims are untrue.

Written on: 26/05/2008

Melmiller, either you are very naive or you are not being upfront. On top of that you are clearly uneducated in disease. Whilst some illnesses will take some time for symptoms to appear (eg cancer, HIV, both of which even your company doesn't claim to offer any treatment or prevention for), 'most illnesses' (which is the phrase you chose to use) do show symptoms within days of infection. For example gum disease, common cold, food poisoning all show symptoms very quickly.<br/><br/>The irony of you using the word naive was not wasted on me. You suggest that a patient uses your treatment for 6-12 months and could expect to see no benefit. This means that your treatment is doing absolutely nothing. The treatment is relying on what is called 'regression to the mean'. If you are ill, you are going to get better and you seem to be of the opinion that if someone ever gets better, that is due to Mannatech's pills. This is of course rubbish, they would get better without any Mannatech treatment and you try to pass this natural recovery off as being due to a pill.<br/><br/>A good example of this would be the 'Sports Illustrated Jinx'. Where it is believed that appearing on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine jinxes your career. Of course it does nothing of the kind. To get on the cover of Sports Illustrated, not only do you have to be an elite athlete at the very peak of your game, but you have to have recently had a great run of luck. From that position there is only one way you are going and it is down. Similarly, when the patient is at their worst, they are going to get better. I can understand the patient believing that that was due to whatever they did just before they recovered. However, it is impossible to separate that singular experience from regression to the mean and the placebo effect.<br/><br/>The reason that nutritional products take 6-12 months before you see a difference (paraphrasing your claim) is that these nutritional products are not doing anything to treat the illness in my opinion. The company you work for would itself remind you that you should make absolutely no claims about their products to treat any illness.

361430_Melmiller's Response to Yoyomahcello's Review

Written on: 23/04/2008

Hi I would be very interested to find out more information on what else you are doing for your condition, I will be completely upfront with you I am an associate with Mannatech and have had good results with chronic conditions. As most illnesses take a long time to appear (symptoms) the fact that we expect our health to improve almost immediately I believe makes us a bit naive about how our bodies function. Any way time is something that we don't often give ourselves to see. Most chronic conditions will require between 6 - 12 months for any nutritional product that is of value to the human bodies health to be seen. Although alot of people do seem to experience changes in their health before this. Please keep a journal as to how your sleeping patterns, food intake, stress levels and such go throughout this time. Thanks for your time, I wish you all the best in your pursuit of wellness.

Written on: 27/11/2007

Please can you tell us on which fibromyalgia site you saw Mannatech Ambrotose advertised?

Mannatech Ambrotose

“Lets force the government to bring in tougher laws for...”

Written on: 23/11/2007 by truthteller777 (1 review written)

Lets force the government to bring in tougher laws for companies who make wild claims, Good Manufacturing Laws so the uneducated person will stop getting ripped off… Read Full Review

Horcrux's Response to truthteller777's Review

Written on: 26/11/2007

$100 a month for a placebo, in my book that constitutes a rip off.
<br/>
<br/>Regarding false claims of any scientific evidence. Yawn. Where? Double blind placebo-controlled? etc.
<br/>
<br/>It's simple. Bad trials are no cheaper than good trials. There is only one reason Mannatech are incapable of carrying out a sound scientific trial that would show any health benefits above placebo and that's because they know that their product can't out-perform placebo.
<br/>
<br/>The names of reviewers get increasingly desperate for this product, don't they?
<br/>
<br/>As you are concerned about the uneducated, perhaps you would tell us all about your educational background too?

Mannatech Ambrotose

“The supplements industry, including this product,...”

Written on: 02/11/2007 by Horcrux (2 reviews written)

The supplements industry, including this product, never out perform placebo in sound trials. You should take particular care when purchasing from multi-level marketing companies (pyramid schemes) such as Mannatech use. Companies who employ these sales techniques struggle to adequately control their sales teams and the company is not responsible for their sales persons comments and often false claims… Read Full Review

Glyco Man's Response to Horcrux's Review

Written on: 09/12/2008

Wow, I've been having a 5 year long placebo effect. No colds, no flu, no allergies. I can't believe how well the placebo effect actually works. My whole family has been placeboed to great health by using Mannatech. What a country!!!

Southwitch's Response to Horcrux's Review

Written on: 30/07/2014

Reading through Mannatech's Reviews and I keep seeing your very sceptical replies to so many of the reviewers comments. Can I ask what your background is and how you happen to have so much knowledge on Mannatech products? Are you a full time reviewer?

Tlock1313's Response to Horcrux's Review

Written on: 15/08/2013

Very many of us Ambrotose results are real. I no longer need antihistamines after a life time of severe allergies, to the point I had to have allergy shots for almost 20 years. Now I am healthy. My asthma is reduced and my herpes is gone.

Mannatech Ambrotose

“I have found nothing to compare with this, I am a...”

Written on: 28/10/2007 by stevekatie (1 review written)

I have found nothing to compare with this, I am a qualified nutritionist and have looked into a lot of supplements and nothing comes close to this. It is scientifically based and has very high quality ingredients. I recommend it to all of my clients and have seen tremendous results when used properly over a period of months. I believe everyone can benefit from this amazing technology… Read Full Review

Horcrux's Response to stevekatie's Review

Written on: 29/10/2007

I disagree with this review because... there is no published work suggesting benefits of this product. The phrase 'qualified nutritionist' often turns out to be meaningless. On the subject of meaningless 'very high quality ingredients' would also fall under that heading.

Horcrux's Response to stevekatie's Review

Written on: 02/11/2007

Where are these placebo controlled trials published? I'll happily post on here if you can show me a paper describing a double blind placebo controlled trial that is peer reviewed and positive for this product, apologising and correcting my mistakes.
<br/>
<br/>I'm also interested that your 'clients' would recommend this too. Are you willing to divulge your nutritional qualifications and your profession that brings you into contact with these clients? I suspect a conflict of interests. Again, happy to hold up my hands if I'm wrong.

Stevekatie's Response to stevekatie's Review

Written on: 01/11/2007

There is plenty of published work on Glyconutrients generally and specifically this product.
<br/>
<br/>I can also speak from personal experience and that of my clients.

Mannatech Ambrotose

“Only just started so no comment at this stage. But as...”

Written on: 27/10/2007 by munro1 (1 review written)

Only just started so no comment at this stage. But as it is quite expensive i would like to see results soon… Read Full Review

Mannatech Ambrotose

“This stuff is wonderful. If everybody could know how...”

Written on: 10/10/2007 by luvnsage (1 review written)

This stuff is wonderful. If everybody could know how many lives this product has changed they would want to take it also. It is all about maintaining a healthy body all the way down to the cellular level. We all welcome sickness and go to the doctor, pay for a prescription that is poisoning our bodies... why not take something to prevent sickness to begin with? We're throwing our money away to people who get paid off of us getting sick... why not pay for our health?… Read Full Review

Horcrux's Response to luvnsage's Review

Written on: 02/11/2007

I disagree with this review because...this product does not prevent sickness, there is no published work which suggests it does and the company say the same thing. It suggests that buying this product is paying for your health, but this does nothing more than any other placebo for your health and Mannatech themselves say the same thing.

Horcrux's Response to luvnsage's Review

Written on: 06/11/2007

Being sceptical doesn't block a placebo effect. Obviously you thought there was a chance it would work or you wouldn't have tried it, if you believe there's a chance it will work there is a good chance of a placebo effect.
<br/>
<br/>There's nothing wrong with a placebo effect, I'd go so far as to say it's great. Placebo is more than just thinking it is doing something. Placebo has an effect on stomach ulcers, something that you can measure than count rather than just give an opinion on. It's quite remarkable. Two placebo tablets have more effect than one, green placebo tablets have more effect than red ones. Salt water injections are better than any placebo tablet. Not because they are actually doing anything in your body, but because of the significance to the patient of these treatments.
<br/>
<br/>You can't say it's not a placebo effect because you don't know. That's why you run trials, put together lots of individual experiences like yours, with people who don't know whether they have real ambrotose tablets or another sugar pill. You make sure nobody knows during the trial whether or not they have the real thing. Then add up all these individual experiences and see whether there's a difference. So far there hasn't been.

Minisnowta's reply to Horcrux's Comment

Written on: 24/01/2014

Seems you have a comment to make on every review.... No matter what you think about this product, others evidentially are having good results. So unless you have a vested interest, I don't get all of your interest here. By the way, I don't use nor have I tried this product. I came to this site to read the reviews. Quite frankly, your comments have only made me more interested in trying out this product. Seems you are trying awfully hard to convince people not to.

Luvnsage's Response to luvnsage's Review

Written on: 05/11/2007

Have you tried it? Probably not...I was very skeptical...so no "placebo" effect here. It doesn't "cure" or "prevent" anything...it simply gives our body what it needs from a cellular level...in turn making us healthier.

Mannatech Ambrotose

“I have got most of my family using this with great...”

Written on: 27/08/2007 by klsmith (1 review written)

I have got most of my family using this with great results - there are alot of naysayers out there - but the stir is so great because this stuff works!!!

Good luck - nutrition is the base of all good health!… Read Full Review

Horcrux's Response to 307218_klsmith's Review

Written on: 02/11/2007

I disagree with this review because...this person has most likely experienced the placebo effect or 'regression to the mean'. I understand why she believes the product works and believe that she has got better after taking it, but disagree with the reasons why this has happened.

Mannatech Ambrotose

“One of the leading distributors of Mannatech was just...”

Written on: 15/08/2007 by panzrwag (1 review written)

One of the leading distributors of Mannatech was just convicted in Seattle Federal court on 4 counts of income tax evasion for not even filing a tax return for 5 years on $3.5 Million dollars in income. Not sales, income. Mannatech is also facing federal prosecution for stock fraud and numerous state level consumer fraud charges. And I'm just getting started. Gee, sounds like an OK company to me… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to panzrwag's Review

Written on: 01/08/2011

check out www.mannarelief.org
really sad when they get all these Children well it disgusting when they saved my life