NCL Norwegian Jewel Reviews

NCL Norwegian Jewel - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for NCL Norwegian Jewel

NCL Norwegian Jewel
NCL Norwegian Jewel

“being seasoned cruisers my husband and I were very...”

Written on: 04/10/2009

being seasoned cruisers my husband and I were very disappointed in this cruise. The freestyle cruising is a good idea however because all the tips are put on your bill and distributed to everyone there was no incentive to serve you, therefor the staff did not care. They nickel and dime you to death with extra fees, if you wanted a dencent dinner you had to eat in one of the specialty restaurnats at a cost of ten to twenty five dollers per person. the free dining rooms so to speak had no… Read Full Review

“From embarkation on NCL Norwegian Jewel, through the...”

Written on: 28/03/2008 by shirley tobia (1 review written)

From embarkation on NCL Norwegian Jewel, through the whole cruise, every member of staff were always charming and helpful. Cabin was kept immaculate. was not happy with the tipping system, would rather give tips to my own choice of staff. Overall excellent will definitely use NCL again… Read Full Review

“This was our 3rd NCL Cruise. A lot of people comment...”

Written on: 07/07/2007 by sfaulkner (1 review written)

This was our 3rd NCL Cruise. A lot of people comment on the the tipping system, but this is clearly indicated within all NCL literature. It's not compulsory, however, the pot is shared out amongst all the 'service staff' except bar staff. Previous cruises with other operators have tipping individuals who expected a tips and a large number of them! The NCL way is simple and their staff go the extra mile for passengers. If you want to make your own arrangements advise reception and they will… Read Full Review

“Any experience is what you make it, that said, I very...”

Written on: 19/05/2007 by dwolfe (1 review written)

Any experience is what you make it, that said, I very much enjoyed the cruise with NCL. The sea days on the Norwegian Jewel were wonderful and I could always find something to do or not do, depending on my mood. My cabin was much more spacious than I anticipated. I went on my own to Madeira, Rome and Athens and took ships tours to Pompeii and Knossos. One tour was good and the other pretty bad. When I complained to the ship's shore excursion desk about the Knossos tour they knocked 20% off the… Read Full Review

“The crew on-board the NCL Norwegian Jewel 7-Day...”

Written on: 30/06/2006 by macgregor (1 review written)

The crew on-board the NCL Norwegian Jewel 7-Day Western Mediterranean, Barcelona round-trip cruise were excellent! The food was spoiled by the small things such as the photographers and the extra charges for 'tips', which they openly admit is to keep their prices down. They charge $10 per day per person, so that is $140 for the week for the couple… Read Full Review

Nmnita's Response to 249412_macgregor's Review

Written on: 03/11/2006

Almost all lines have gone with the $10 per day, if not, the tipping suggested amount would be even higher. I would guess, without looking back, that this review came from someone who is not accustomed to the cruise lines that cater primarily to Americans, which are almost all the mass marketed lines. We found everything on the NCL Norwegian Jewel outstanding, and actually offered additional tips to many of the crew members.

“Subject: Norwegian Jewel - Path of the Vikings - Dover...”

Written on: 03/10/2005 by zenouk (1 review written)

Subject: Norwegian Jewel - Path of the Vikings - Dover to New York 4th September 2005
Boarded the 'Jewel' at Dover and soon in our mini suite with balcony on deck 11.
This was our first time with NCL and with 'Freestyle' cruising which we enjoyed very much. It was great to eat where and when we wanted.
As a couple if we wanted a table for two at dinner there was no problem.
If you had to wait for a table they gave you a pager and offered you a complimentary glass of champagne in any bar while… Read Full Review