Sharp 66FW53H Reviews

• Sound Quality

Sharp 66FW53H - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sharp 66FW53H

Sharp 66FW53H

“If only I could have found an unbiased review before...”

Written on: 12/11/2004 by bremner8 (1 review written)

If only I could have found an unbiased review before parting with good cash for this pile of garbage. The picture quality of the Sharp 66FW53H is very poor, teletext jumps back and forth seemingly at will, the picture is too wide for the screen! Weather maps, prices of holidays on Text etc are all missing or cut off. The sound is appallingly tinny and the on screen adjustments do little. Our set turns itself back on from standby. The next stage is for it to refuse to turn on at all. The… Read Full Review

Sharp 66FW53H

“Looks like this problem of the Sharp 66FW53H 28 inch...”

Written on: 15/09/2003 by tonydeacon (1 review written)

Looks like this problem of the Sharp 66FW53H 28 inch widescreen television blowing up when you switch to standby is a common problem but it can be fixed as mine has i think some parts were upgraded in the repair my problem is we have lost the remote does anyone out there know how to access the tv menu system without the remote thanks e-mail to a.deacon1@ntlworld.com… Read Full Review

Fikasfook's Response to tonydeacon's Review

Written on: 11/09/2004

<br>switch it on while holding in the channel button.
<br>I used to work for a sharp repair centre.

Sharp 66FW53H

“Basically everything that has been said here is true. ...”

Written on: 27/06/2003 by Mark Shields. (1 review written)

Basically everything that has been said here is true. We got this TV just over 2 years ago and just yesterday all that came on was the standby light so of course we've contacted an engineer (luckily we had a 5 year insurance taken out on it). Other things that annoyed me about this set was that an RGB picture would always be stretch to fill the screen which is really annoying when watching a 4:3 broadcast. The various viewing options don't make a difference. I'm also of the opinion that the… Read Full Review

Sharp 66FW53H

“I bought this set in May 2000. Right from the start I...”

Written on: 20/11/2002 by trevor. (1 review written)

I bought this set in May 2000. Right from the start I was not impressed with the picture quality. Particularly when watching a dark scene the picture was indistinct. Occasionally it would flicker and revert to mono. Also it would occasionally turn itself off. Then in November 2000 when I turned it on there was a bang and smoke came out of the back. This was repaired under warranty. When 2 years old the tube gave up the ghost and as the cost of repair exceeded the cost of a new tv set I chose to… Read Full Review

Sharp 66FW53H

“I bought this Sharp 66FW53H 28" widescreen TV in 2000....”

Written on: 23/06/2002 by Dee. (1 review written)

I bought this Sharp 66FW53H 28" widescreen TV in 2000. Two years later it went with a bang just by switching it on. I don't know why. Anyone else had this problem?… Read Full Review

69064_Pinter75.'s Response to 29014_Dee.'s Review

Written on: 30/01/2003

I had a Sharp normal screen 28" TV - Mine lasted a little longer - 2.5 years then it blew up when swithced on. I though SHARP were good - but will never buy another again! In my opinion they are BLUNT!

Sharp 66FW53H

“I bought my Sharp 66FW53H 28" widescreen TV after...”

Written on: 23/02/2002 by Paul Attfield. (1 review written)

I bought my Sharp 66FW53H 28" widescreen TV after reading reviews in various magazines (What TV and Video etc) and as this was an editors choice and being of a reputable make I took the plunge. I must say that I am very disappointed with Sharp as the TV has been repaired twice already (bought in Jan 2001). The set switched itself off and would not come back on, even though there was the orange standby light on. However, it has now been rectified but still has a problem. When I use the satellite… Read Full Review

64959_Steve.'s Response to Paul Attfield.'s Review

Written on: 13/01/2003

I had the same problem this TV, it packed up after only 4 months – the stand-by light remained on but no picture or sound. I exchanged it for another set and that one lasted one hour! Don't buy it!!

88884_Jim.'s Response to Paul Attfield.'s Review

Written on: 14/04/2003

I had exactly the same problems with the set switching itself off. The set has been in for repair 4 times in 5 weeks to rectify the fault, eventually Sharp provided a replacement set with a further 12 months warranty.In total I have had just over 2 years use of a set that cost me £500, not good value for money. I will not purchase another Sharp product.

Sharp 66FW53H

“When selecting the screen viewing mode of 'NORMAL' on...”

Written on: 11/01/2002 by Kevin. (1 review written)

When selecting the screen viewing mode of 'NORMAL' on the Sharp 66FW53H TV, this brings in two thick black vertical lines on each side of the screen to switch it from a widescreen view to that which you would get from a normal TV (which is fine). The problem is that in the top left hand corner of the screen there is a thin flashing red horizontal line which flickers on and off at regular random intervals. This is particularly distracting when watching the TV. You can rotate the screen in one… Read Full Review

Sharp 66FW53H

“I agree totally with the other reviews on the Sharp...”

Written on: 15/12/2001 by steve. (1 review written)

I agree totally with the other reviews on the Sharp 66FW53H 28 inch widescreen TV. Flickering backgrounds, scenes altering in brightness as you watch them, indistinct dark tones on the picture, wavy black bars at the top, bottom and sides of the screen in the various modes. Our TV spent 2 months in the workshop, on 3 sepatate occasions, trying to have the fault fixed just 6 months after buying it. Eventually we managed to get our money back… Read Full Review

Sharp 66FW53H

“Terrible picture! Vertical lines, distortion, varying...”

Written on: 08/11/2001 by JDJH. (1 review written)

Terrible picture! Vertical lines, distortion, varying brightness levels, strange colours in certain instances. I believe this TV is faulty and is due to be repaired for the second time. The first attempt at repair made matters worse in my opinion. If it is not faulty then I cannot recommend this TV to anyone. At £400 the picture should be perfect and it is far from it. If the repair is successful then I will of course come back and report. I have tried to like this TV but cannot at the… Read Full Review

6364_Dean.'s Response to 5609_JDJH.'s Review

Written on: 27/11/2001

I own the same tv and agree with everything in this review especially the brightness levels jumping around. I swapped the first set because I thought this was a fault but the second set does exactly the same, tosh!