ICS Reviews - www.icslearn.co.uk

Summary

"International Correspondence Schools Ltd (ICS Learn) is the world's most experienced distance learning organisation. We have been a pioneer in teaching skills and qualifications at a distance for over 120 years, giving you the opportunity to learn while earning and to fulfil your ambitions."
ICS www.icslearn.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for ICS www.icslearn.co.uk

ICS www.icslearn.co.uk

“Studying Human Resources Via distant learning”

Written on: 29/08/2014 by Aguirre1971 (1 review written)

I am currently a student with ICS and felt i would like to share my experiences with any one that was anticipating on studying a course or professional qualification with them. I have been a student with ICS and have been so for the last 21 months and have to mention the material and support that i have been provided with, have been exceptional i have been very happy with the course materials they have been clear and concise and really engaging and rewarding. There professionalism and… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/08/2014

Thank you very much for your great feedback and for taking the time to share your views.

We are really glad to hear you have had a positive experience and wish you every success with your Level 5 in Human Resource Management.

Please get in touch with us directly any time you need any advice with your studies.

ICS

“My experiece with ICS learn.”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by lethabo.matjeke (1 review written)

I liked the support of the team, very dedicated people who are willing no offer their help no matter where you are in the world. Already I have told my friends and family about the good service ICS is offering and how supportive their staff are. Keep it up Guys you are really doing a good job… Read Full Review

Icslearn's Response to lethabo.matjeke's Review

Written on: 25/08/2014

It's really great to receive your positive feedback so thank you very much for sharing your experience.

“Valued experience.”

Written on: 20/08/2014 by Valentinob272 (1 review written)

I am happy to be associated with ICS as I am completing my degree course shortly. But for them, it would not have been feasible keeping a full time job and studying. Although challenging sometimes, but I had to remind myself each time that nothing good comes easy, and with that, I got more and more determined until this very stage. Everything has been fantastic, but , for the fact that ICS have to choose six modules for the students when you might not have known much about their academic… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/08/2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your learning experience which is very much appreciated.

The BSc Nursing degree is a top up program for which students would only be required to complete a maximum of 6 modules and the module choices are set by the University. We are pleased to advise that we have recently launched a new module so that our learners now have more choice.

Prior to enrolling any student on the program we gather information on the learners academic background to ensure that this is the right choice of course and to make sure they meet the criteria for the course. If you still require further modules to be released please get in touch with your Mentor directly to discuss the additional module choice available.

Good luck and all the best for the remainder of your studies.

“GCSE Maths Support”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by LMMorris (1 review written)

The advisor I had is the 'learn' in ICS Learn and I felt extremely lucky to have her amazing level of support during my GCSE maths studying. She is the most helpful patient Teacher I have ever known. She gives crystal clear explanations and diagrams and responds to questions very quickly. She never makes you feel like you are asking 'silly' questions and is more than happy to talk to students on the telephone or online. I haven't got my grade yet but I can honestly say that whatever it is, I… Read Full Review

Icslearn's Response to LMMorris's Review

Written on: 20/08/2014

Thank you very much for your great feedback and for sharing your views.

We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed your GCSE Maths course and your fantastic comments have been passed to your Maths tutor.

Please keep us informed with how you got on with your exams and we hope to support you again in the future.

ICS

“GCSE Maths and SCIENCE course”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by Hayley376 (1 review written)

I started my GCSE MATHS and SCIENCE course at the beginning of July and I am extremely happy with the content of the course. My maths tutor has been unbelievably helpful and has been an absolute god send in helping me get back into studying since such a long break from being in education and studying. The videos and explanations on the Student community section of the website have been amazingly helpful and given me a real understanding of some concepts and helped improve my general ability in… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/08/2014

It’s always great to hear what our students think so thank you very much for sharing your views.

We are constantly striving to improve our services and making the learning journey for our students as smooth and rewarding as possible. We did experience some unforeseen issues with our tutorial team for the Science course and we are confident these have now been resolved.

We apologise for any impact this had on your studies and would encourage you to get in touch with us directly if you need any help or advice with your studies.

ICS

“flexible and great support”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by shellgriffiths (1 review written)

I couldn't decide between doing an evening course or home study but am so pleased i went for home study now! Having two young children and a husband who works late i can fit my studying around what works best for me. It wouldn't be as good though without my fantastic tutor. Shes there for me via email, phone or facebook which means if im stuck i can talk to her straight away. I cant recommend ics highly enough!… Read Full Review

Icslearn's Response to shellgriffiths's Review

Written on: 20/08/2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your views.

We understand balancing your studies around your homelife can be very challenging and the luxury of studying by distance learning is you can study at a time that suits you.

It’s great to hear your fantastic feedback with the support from your tutor and we wish you every success.

“ICS Math teacher”

Written on: 03/08/2014

My math teacher I really can't fault her , I've done a few long distance learning course and not had the support I needed. The courses were very complex and required motivation and dedication to thrive for success. I love that she is always a phone call or a email away ,always gets back to you that day. She will even phone you in the evening to discuss things when we have previous spoken the night before. I wish all the tutors were like her taking the time to check and touch base with… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/08/2014

Hi,

Thanks ever so much for your great feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive comments with us and future distance learners.

We're really happy to hear that you find her teaching methods encouraging and beneficial, but would also like to encourage you to get in touch with your other tutors and/or student services whenever you have any questions or if you are stuck on a specific subject. Tutors, like teachers, all have their own way of handling enquiries and if you feel like the answer hasn’t helped you, you can always ask for a more detailed explanation. In any case, just let us know.

Good luck and all the best for the remainder of your studies,

“It's Worth It!”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by Collinskl137 (1 review written)

ICS Learn was recommended to me by the Teaching Line. I chose them because I am planning on applying for a PGCE placement with a London teaching institution next year and to be successful, I need a Grade C (or above) in GCSE Maths (this is in addition to all my other existing qualifications). Based on my experience thus far with ICS Learn, I'm glad I signed with them. The team, especially my assigned tutor, is friendly yet professional. I'm what you call 'a mature student' and any reservations… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/08/2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to submit your great feedback. We are delighted to hear that you are actually enjoying a subject you've never really liked much before thanks to the efforts of our maths tutor. She's really pleased to read your lovely comments as well and is happy to know that the additional online resources she creates really help you (and other students) to understand the topics.

We wish you all the best for the future and please get in touch if we can be of further assistance.

Best wishes,

ICS

“ICS Learning - Counselling Course. BIG disappointment”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by 2Harrison (1 review written)

I started this course as I thought it would be a great introduction into Counselling. I was expecting lots of support, excellent study material, a challenge and 9 months worth of studying. I was greatly disappointed. The material arrived and looked very promising. A nice folder, printed material and a text book. I arranged my desk and sat down intending to get my head back into books. I soon realised this wouldn't be happening. I completed the first section including the on-line test in… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the support and the quality of materials.

The Counselling Skills course that you enrolled on is an introductory course and has helped many students as either a stepping stone in their career or simply to further their interest in this area. As it is an introductory course, the materials have been written at a foundation level by experts in this field, making it accessible for those who have no prior knowledge in this subject area.

We are committed to supporting you through your learning and we try to strike the balance between letting you get on with your studies, at a time and pace that suits you, and encouraging you to submit your work for marking. Student support is delivered on a reactive basis dependent on student contact and your tutor will provide you with advice when help is requested. Whilst the course is supported for 9 months this is not an indication of the level of difficulty and is merely to support those students who wish to study only a few hours per week or at their own leisure.

Whilst an Diploma is not accredited this demonstrates you have successfully passed the course and you have an underpinning knowledge of the subject. We are unable to trace your records on our student database with the username provided and suggest that you contact our Student Services team to request a transcript of the grades awarded to accompany your diploma.

We are satisfied with the content of the materials and we regret that you did not find the course beneficial. We welcome your valued feedback which has been passed to our Product Development team.

Kind regards,

“Waste of money”

Written on: 05/06/2014 by OliverDugan (1 review written)

I signed up to do an A level English literature course. I received all my course material and welcome pack in a timely manner. However when I looked further into the requirements for sitting the exams I learned I would have to find somewhere that used the same examining body as ics. Trouble was that all the education boards in my area used AQA which meant that I couldn't sit my exams locally so I looked into where I could, and discovered there was only 1 place in the whole of the uk and it was… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/06/2014

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment regarding the course assessment. We can confirm that the course you enrolled on prepares you for the AQA English Literature A Level syllabus B (2745). This information can be found on our website under the tab 'Course Content' as well as on the second page of your Course and Assessment Guide that has been sent to you together with your course material when you initially enrolled.

Details for AQA exam centres can be found on their website. There are currently 18 centres in and around Manchester that accept private candidates.

Unfortunately, we can't trace your records on our systems with the username provided which makes it difficult for us to address the issue of your queries not being responded to. Our student services team responds to emails within three working days and can supply information straight away over the phone. If your tutor hasn't responded to you we can only sincerely apologise.

If you would like us to look into the matter further, please contact student services at your earliest convenience as we would really appreciate working on a solution together with you.

“Waste of money!”

Written on: 04/06/2014 by Zackery1970 (1 review written)

I would not recommend ics to anyone! Before payment of this course, I was told by an advisor that I can have aqa past papers marked by my tutor. As I progressed through this course, I noticed that the content was fine however, the ics designed mock paper had little relation towards the actual aqa exam board papers. I wasn't too fussed at the time as I was assured that I can have specific aqa papers marked, I even called them to confirm this and they re assured me that I can. As I got nearer the… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/06/2014

We would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to share your views and experience with us. Unfortunately, we cannot trace your records on our system using the provided username which makes it difficult for us to look into and address the issues you have experienced with us as a student.

It would be great if you could get in touch with us directly so we can confirm your student ID. That way we are able to look into your concerns further and will be able to determine how they have been addressed by our quality assurance and student services teams in the past. That way we can work on a suitable solution for you.

In the meantime, we have passed your feedback regarding the marking of AQA past papers on to the tutor team who will look into this.

We look forward to hearing from you soon,

We look forward to hearing from you soon,

ICS

“CIPD Distance Learning with ICS”

Written on: 01/06/2014 by CassieAbbott336 (1 review written)

The CIPD Distance Learning programme gave me the opportunity to work full time whilst learning. ICS gave me support whilst enabling me to be flexible as to how fast I learnt and when I learnt. I was able to balance work and study and tutors were quick in coming back to me when I needed feedback in order to submit assignments. Overall this was a really positive experience and I was able to gain the qualification faster than I would have done through local colleges and without taking time out… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/06/2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review your learning experience with us. We are happy to hear that you've had a positive distance learning experience and would like to take this opportunity to wish you every future success.

ICS

“I received the course materials quickly after...”

Written on: 31/05/2014 by 01burr (1 review written)

I received the course materials quickly after enrolling and had a good experience overall. If you are looking for independent study with support when required, ICS is for you… Read Full Review

Icslearn's Response to 01burr's Review

Written on: 03/06/2014

Many thanks for submitting your valued feedback. We hope you have enjoyed your overall study experience with us.

“Ics learn ”

Written on: 31/05/2014 by Miller257 (1 review written)

The site was good it could have been slightly clearer like for retrieval of results / feedback was not totally easy to find on the site. Other than that it was great I got results very quickly after I submitted my assignment… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/06/2014

We have passed your comments regarding the retrieval of results and feedback on to our development team who regularly review students' comments in order to improve their learning experience especially on the student community.

ICS

“Ideal way to achieve qualifications! ”

Written on: 31/05/2014 by 32Ritchie (1 review written)

Distance learning suited me to complete my qualification as it allowed me to work at my own pace. Attending the face to face workshops was an added bonus and gave me a chance to meet new people. Would have been welcome for the mentors to be stricter with us to give us that extra motivation to complete on time. Update to Community site, not as easy to share information with other candidates, preferred old format. All in all happy with the service… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/06/2014

Thanks very much for your excellent feedback. We're glad to hear you enjoyed attending the workshops and had the opportunity to get to know new people. We will let the mentor team know about that little extra push and will also forward your feedback regarding the community site to our developers.

We wish you all the best for the future,

ICS

“On the whole the course was very good to me, learning...”

Written on: 28/05/2014 by 129Parker (1 review written)

On the whole the course was very good to me, learning at my own pace and submitting my coursework through the net; it was very relaxing. The course materials were on time and very easy to read and understand. The books were very up to date and really very good materials. I would recommend to all friends, families and colleagues. I liked everything about the course… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/05/2014

It's always great to hear about the experience of our students so thank you for sharing your views.

ICS

“ICS is very good as I did not have time to travel to...”

Written on: 28/05/2014 by Christina386 (1 review written)

ICS is very good as I did not have time to travel to undertake this course. I know I could contact my tutor if I had any queries and she would always respond very quickly. I passed the course quicker than I imagined I would with the support I received. This has given me the encouragement to investigate another course which I never thought I would do… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/05/2014

Great to hear you enjoyed your studies with us and we look forward to supporting you with future learning.

“Certificate in HR”

Written on: 24/05/2014 by ShaynaRose (1 review written)

I have a degree already in HR and really wanted an Employment Law Certificate, having discussed the options with your help line, it was suggested that I apply for the Employment Law course, when I got all the information pack it all seemed straight forward but at the end all I received was a Certificate in HR, no mention of Employment Law, which is what I needed for my ER role. This was all self funded. I haven't been refunded the total amount, only a partial amount due to my experiences, but I… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/05/2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your views and many congratulations on successfully passing the CIPD Advanced Award in Employment Law.

We appreciate your disappointment as the certificate does not state the module you have completed. We have passed your valued feedback to the awarding body and our Head of CIPD Programmes will contact you directly when we have had further discussions with CIPD.

Kind regards,

ICS

“Convenient and supported ”

Written on: 23/05/2014 by CarloHaley (1 review written)

I could study as and when I wished and had all the support I needed… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/05/2014

Thank you for sharing your views and we wish you every future success.

“Good”

Written on: 23/05/2014 by SophiaGuzman117 (1 review written)

Ics are a good distance learning company. Most of their tutors are excellent and the course materials are good… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/05/2014

Great to receive your feedback - thanks very much for completing your review.