Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Overland Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Overland - Ask a question now

“True 4x4 and not a crossover SUV, 9" Ground Clearance,...”

Written on: 22/12/2007 by Roary (1 review written)

True 4x4 and not a crossover SUV, 9" Ground Clearance, Can take it on severest off road while retaining all creature comforts during driving on sedate city and country drives. Beautiful Car
Gas Mileage ranges from 12 to 15 around town and from 18 to 23 MPG on highway cruising at 78 MPH.
Car is a 2004 Grand Cherokee overland and came with 3 skid plates, tow pkg. 10 way driver and passenger seats, heated front seats, side airbags, round fog lamps, quadra drive, RJ45E Transmission (never had a… Read Full Review

“We owned this Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Overland for...”

Written on: 15/04/2006 by Sean French (1 review written)

We owned this Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Overland for just over a year and in that time it has needed new door seals twice. Four new shock absorbers and new discs both front and back and attention to the steering rack (which would be all very well if we had driven it badly, taken it off road constantly or had towed heavily but no, just standard driving mainly on smooth motorway). We are glad that our ownership of this car will end soon as we have a sneaking suspicion that the gearbox is about to… Read Full Review

Wyknot1's Response to Sean French's Review

Written on: 23/05/2006

I own a 2.7 turbo diesel CRD 2003 grand cherokee overland and i would rate it as the best vehicle out there. I have driven many other vehicles both petrol and diesel and the 2.7 motor would leave many 4 litre motors in their tracks.
The vehicle drives very well stops very well and getting as much as 8.4 litres per 100 kilometres and in the city no worse than 10 litres per 100 lilomatres or 10 lilometres per litre of diesel.
A very comfortable vehicle and with the mercedes benz 5 speed auto coupled to the 2.7 turbo diesel it is the perfect package and it can also legally tow 3.5 tonne with a braked trailer and tows it easily.
I would rate it 10/10

“I have owned the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Overland, a...”

Written on: 15/09/2005 by Larry Gillard (1 review written)

I have owned the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Overland, a 2003 model for 6 months,it is a doddle to drive and has huge amounts of power and torque and puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.The climate control makes a continual whooshing noise every time it cuts in,I have spoken to 2 Jeep dealers about it who state it is a fault with this particular model which cannot be rectified.
Obviously for a 4.7 litre engine you would not expect good fuel consumption, I have a very light foot but cannot… Read Full Review

Larry Gillard's Response to Larry Gillard's Review

Written on: 23/09/2005

This is the 4th Grand Cherokee I have owned and have never had a spot of bother with any of them. I have found the 4.7ltr is the most responsive engine and is slightly more economical than the 4.0 ltr,the 2.7 crd gets noisy after approx 50k miles and gets on your nerves on a long journey. I have read some of the negative comments about other vehicles on this site but can honestly say that this is not my experience.

Larry Gillard's Response to Larry Gillard's Review

Written on: 02/05/2006

I have now sold this car due to increasing fuel costs, I sold it now as with the way that petrol prices are rising and the ever increasing anti 4 wheel drive lobby these cars may be difficult to get rid of later, as it is i have lost a lot of money in depreciation.