Theoben SLR Reviews

Theoben SLR - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Theoben SLR

Theoben SLR
Theoben SLR

“Over priced underpowered, ”

Written on: 23/06/2013 by sh11161 (1 review written)

I bought the longer version L handed stock. The nicer thumbhole is not available? Drawbacks: I do not want to ever spend $1200 again on a rifle that has a hunter trigger on it. That is CODE for a trigger that does not vaguely come close to a tuned Rekord or even better air arms tx 200. Who sells a high end rifle that does not have an excellent trigger even after being sent to Mr Slade to get tuned. The rifle was never consistant and in .22 cal never shot above 14 ft /lbs. Their advertising… Read Full Review

“I bought a second hand (£500) SLR 98 .177 4 months...”

Written on: 08/05/2007 by spasor (3 reviews written)

I bought a second hand (£500) SLR 98 .177 4 months ago. I wanted a quality carbine and the SLR was short enough to fill the bill. Once I`d put it to my shoulder, it was mine. They`re reassuringly solid. And that`s the dilemma faced by prospective buyers.
After a long day shouldering an SLR the weight becomes a problem? It`s not just me being a whimp. Theoben are now fitting a bipod as standard.
I`ve thought about reducing the stock. But then I`d feel like the guy that… Read Full Review

“I had been shooting a HW97 in .177 and liked the...”

Written on: 12/10/2006 by hool119 (1 review written)

I had been shooting a HW97 in .177 and liked the precision, but wanted something a little smoother. I then purchased the Theoben SLR in .177 and have barely touched the HW97 since. I have had the SLR for a year now and have not had any problems. I have a Bushnell Elite 4200 4x16x40 on top and it seems to be a great combo. I would definitely purchase the SLR again. If they made one in .20 I would probably order it today… Read Full Review

“WHAT A GUN!!! My Theoben SLR shoots as accurate as a...”

Written on: 13/05/2006 by BunnyBoiler (1 review written)

WHAT A GUN!!! My Theoben SLR shoots as accurate as a precharged. After owning spring guns and precharged guns the feel of the slr is a little different, not a great deal different to a Fenman but seems "tuned". The magazine is a doddle to load and tells you when 2 shots are left with a white marker and a red marker when only 1 remains. The stock is handed but not too profiled with a thumbs up hold and a nice rolled comb top. The chequering is slightly raised on the foregrip giving a firm… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Have just returned my second Theoben SLR (.177), the...”

Written on: 15/09/2005 by Deadcentre (2 reviews written)

Have just returned my second Theoben SLR (.177), the first rifle had already been repaired once.
The first SLR lasted for 30 or so shoots, dieselling heavily several times, before the the trigger failed leaving the action cocked. The repaired SLR developed the same fault, so was swapped for a completely new rifle. I thought I'd just been unlucky but when the new rifle
developed a similar fault, with a trigger that released in the first stage of its travel, I had my doubts.
There were brief… Read Full Review