The Exorcism of Emily Rose Reviews

The Exorcism of Emily Rose - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The Exorcism of Emily Rose

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

“Few films actually scare me but this one did it the...”

Written on: 17/09/2011 by tommyboy97 (51 reviews written)

Few films actually scare me but this one did it the final scence when emily dies in the barn was very creepy and the court scenes where also entertaining on the whole not bad at all… Read Full Review

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

“I rented The Exorcism of Emily Rose for a horror...”

Written on: 27/11/2007 by birniee (1 review written)

I rented The Exorcism of Emily Rose for a horror night. Overall not a bad watch but I wouldn't call it a horror film at all… Read Full Review

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

“I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose last week on Sky...”

Written on: 03/04/2007 by AndreaG (242 reviews written)

I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose last week on Sky TV, I did not have any expectations for the film and basically watched it just because it was on.
Bearing in mind that I was home alone, I still did not find the movie scary in a spine tingling way, but did find it extremely interesting and quite disturbing.
The film was based on a true story, however I do not know how accurate the film was compared to the real events in Emily Rose's life - the question I was left with was, if the film was… Read Full Review

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

“When mentioning Exorcism most people will remember the...”

Written on: 09/04/2006 by Immortal Technique (2 reviews written)

When mentioning Exorcism most people will remember the original exorcist movie. Some people liked it, some hated it and some were very frightened by it. If you didn't like it don't expect the same thing from 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose', you wont be disappointed. 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' is court room drama containing horror along with some elements of thriller, which makes this movie unique and because of this I would recommend it to everyone.

I would rate this movie a 6 but I gave it a… Read Full Review

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

“I saw this film on Friday night and I would certainly...”

Written on: 05/12/2005 by Hank (124 reviews written)

I saw this film on Friday night and I would certainly recommend The Exorcism of Emily Rose to fellow filmgoers.

It's a nice take on the horror genre to make this a courtroom based drama and to tell the tale in this manner makes it much more of story rather than a a flat out scare-a-thon. The plot moves forward through the courtroom and via flashbacks which works well for this film.

The lovely Laura Linney is the films lead character, she plays defence lawyer Erin Bruner, whose task is to… Read Full Review

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

“From the ads for The Exorcism of Emily Rose I expected...”

Written on: 06/10/2005 by brendasonit (4 reviews written)

From the ads for The Exorcism of Emily Rose I expected a bit of a battle between good (the priest) and evil (the demon residing in Emily). Instead, I was subjected to the trial of the priest that was suspected of contributing to Emily's death. That would have been all well and good if more was shown about the ordeal itself. The actual exorcism ceremony took place one night, for a very short time, and wasn't very impressive. I mean, to base a whole movie on an apparent few minutes of actual… Read Full Review

252776_Anonymous101's Response to brendasonit's Review

Written on: 20/02/2007

I agree. The trailer for The Exorcism of Emily Rose was impressive, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed with this movie.