Pride & Prejudice Reviews

Summary

The 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice is the latest re-working of Jane Austen's much loved novel. This historical romance is played out by a big name cast with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen as the star crossed lovers, the two leads also receive support from popular veterans Dame Judi Dench and Donald Sutherland. Do you think that Keira Knightley is the perfect choice for Elizabeth Bennett? Do you love Macfadyen as Darcy or does he fall short to Colin Firth's memorable take on the role? Whatever your opinion of Pride and Prejudice, share it with us here at Review Centre.
Pride and Prejudice - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice

“When I watched this film the first time, I didn't know...”

Written on: 20/03/2013 by stgiles2013 (15 reviews written)

When I watched this film the first time, I didn't know why it's famous. But few days ago, I saw it again by chance. It was brilliant! The story was simple_ love story of young lady and gentleman… Read Full Review

Stgiles2013's Response to stgiles2013's Review

Written on: 21/03/2013

I've never seen this film.but,i became to see this one because,you recommended me!

“Amazing film”

Written on: 26/07/2011 by saintgiles (1 review written)

Pride and prejudice is one of the best films I've ever seen. The actors are very good. There are scenes with beautiful landscapes, and the music is amazing. The only downfall is that the end is predicatble, but this film really moves me and I recommend it. … Read Full Review

Pride and Prejudice

“I was forced to watch this film by my flat mate. I...”

Written on: 13/01/2010 by DaveyBoy77 (58 reviews written)

I was forced to watch this film by my flat mate. I think you have to be a girl to understand it. It was lost on me.

Good cinematography, and Kiefer Sutherland was good, but I couldn't really follow the plot… Read Full Review

Pride and Prejudice

“I fell in love with Matthew McFayden, and the...”

Written on: 03/01/2007 by hmattson7 (1 review written)

I fell in love with Matthew McFayden, and the cinematography was amazing… Read Full Review

Pride and Prejudice

“While it will never satisfy those rabid Jane Austen...”

Written on: 12/02/2006 by Timix1 (33 reviews written)

While it will never satisfy those rabid Jane Austen fans who demand that every last syllable of the book be brought to life onscreen, there is a great deal to like about this latest film adapation of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. It features gorgeous art direction and cinematography (including a couple of long, intricate camera shots that snake their way impossibly through crowded scenes), not to mention a strong cast led by a charmingly feisty Keira Knightly (a revelation here as Lizzy) and which also… Read Full Review

Lonelyflower's Response to Timix1's Review

Written on: 16/04/2006

I feel that Keira Knightly is in fact overrated. Her acting does not excite me and I did not find her Elizabeth nearly as enjoyable to watch as Jennifer Ehle's and feel she was rather undeserving of her Oscar nomination. On the whole the film was interesting and became more enjoyable as it went along. I thought that Matthew Macfadyen's performance perfectly displays Darcy's social & class problems and his beautiful emotional side. Judi Dench as Lady De Bourgh added brilliantly to the film. Overall I did enjoy this film though no where near as much as the 1995 BBC adaptation which I feel had the time to explore the characters and the story more fully.

Pride and Prejudice

“Like the previous reviewer, I was dragged to see Pride...”

Written on: 23/09/2005 by Stone Cold Steve Austin (12 reviews written)

Like the previous reviewer, I was dragged to see Pride and Prejudice by my girlfriend. To be honest, I wanted to hate this film, however for some almost inexplicable reason I couldn't. After the first five minutes I feared the worst, a bunch of silly girls and ridiculous men were prancing around at a ball and I thought I should just go and top myself there and then. In fairness though it wasn't long before I started to get into it.

The best thing about this film is undoubtedly Keira… Read Full Review

Pride and Prejudice

“I planned a trip to the cinema with my Girlfriend and...”

Written on: 22/09/2005 by Rocksteady (56 reviews written)

I planned a trip to the cinema with my Girlfriend and on this occasion it was her turn to choose the film and when I saw that Pride and Prejudice had just been released I began to get that sinking feeling. In the past it has been one of my aims to avoid period costume dramas at all costs - the thought of 3 hours of bowing, yes mi lady and Mr Darcy kind of filled me with dread, but... you have to think ahead - my chances of seeing Land of the Dead would have been seriously diminished if I… Read Full Review

Pride and Prejudice

“The Pride and Prejudice movie is a first class...”

Written on: 16/09/2005 by anthonydb (1 review written)

The Pride and Prejudice movie is a first class adaptation of the wonderful, often filmed and televised book by Jane Austen. The script writer has cleverly and thoroughly caught the subtlety of the original in the very limiting time allowed by the film genre.

We watched the film from the opening, prepared to hate it and expecting it to spoil our preconceptions. It was a riveting movie to watch. The photography and settings were moving and cleverly devised, and the casting almost perfect.

Keira… Read Full Review

Ajvalero's Response to anthonydb's Review

Written on: 09/04/2006

i've watched pride and prejudice with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadden about 3 times. I just fell in love with it.. its like, i want to be there in the movie..the sceneries where lovely...and of course Mr. Darcy (Macfadden) is sexy and very handsome. a superb movie!

Pride and Prejudice

“Pride and Prejudice is an excellent novel the best I...”

Written on: 06/04/2005 by shameeleon (1 review written)

Pride and Prejudice is an excellent novel the best I have read. It involves humour, passion, romance, arrogance and struggles of life. It reads as the title suggests… Read Full Review