Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet Reviews

• Battery Life

Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet

Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet

“I bought the Nextbase SDV17-A 3 weeks ago to watch...”

Written on: 15/01/2005 by simes69 (5 reviews written)

I bought the Nextbase SDV17-A 3 weeks ago to watch films on my weekly commute on the Eurostar and I am very pleased with it. I think the tablet design is very stylish.
The screen is not as high a resolution as I had hoped but it is more than adequate for the task. It can sometimes struggle with displaying sufficient contrast, subtle hues or rapid movement, but I think that is to be expected. (I am watching it as I type this review!).
The sound from the stereo speakers at the front is, of… Read Full Review

Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet

“I bought two Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet Portable DVD...”

Written on: 24/08/2004 by warmingtonr (1 review written)

I bought two Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet Portable DVD Player for my kids for use in the rear of the car they love them and I have had no trouble from either of them or the tablets!!!
I think this has to have been my best buys yet… Read Full Review

Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet

“Bought my Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet about 2 months ago....”

Written on: 16/08/2004 by Bauer (1 review written)

Bought my Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet about 2 months ago. I bought it especially for my trip to the USA (to watch on the plane and train journeys), and what an excellent buy it turned out to be! I am a big fan of the TV show 24, and I recorded all of the 3rd season onto DVD-R's.. I managed to watch around 5-6 episodes (which including adverts are 1hr long each) before the battery finally ran out- I was very impressed, as I'd read prior to buying it that the battery life was 3-4 hours.

This player… Read Full Review

Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet

“I bought three Nextbase SDV17-A Tablets from...”

Written on: 03/07/2004 by adaminherts (1 review written)

I bought three Nextbase SDV17-A Tablets from pnttrading in Surrey UK and all three had faulty pictures where there would be a glaring pixel out on the screen which was either bright red or bright green.

Also the player has reading problems where if the disc has even a microfibre on the surface the picture screws up and the player crashes.

I would not recommend this player, I just bought a panasonic SL-50 for £30 more which is FAR superior in every respect and with a folding screen so it can… Read Full Review

Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet

“Ok ladies and gents, here's something we've needed for...”

Written on: 10/12/2003 by techlover22 (1 review written)

Ok ladies and gents, here's something we've needed for a looong time. The Nextbase SDV17-A Tablet DVD Player is a portable DVD player in the form of a tablet. It's compatible with practically everything, has an optional Lithium Ion battery that lasts about 3 hours, looks great and is quick too.
It has nice options like being able to watch the picture upside down, brightness controls, etc. It has a nice remote control that comes with it that's about the size of a credit card. It also has a nice… Read Full Review

Stevec's Response to techlover22's Review

Written on: 13/05/2004

I got my next base player fron www.cmctech.co.uk, they had a the new revision with av in/out and also a free headrest bag for my car.