Dordogne, France Reviews

Dordogne, France - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dordogne, France

Dordogne, France

“Very helpful staff and nice trip arrangement. Enjoyed...”

Written on: 16/11/2013 by gloryfriday (2 reviews written)

Very helpful staff and nice trip arrangement. Enjoyed a great time with my friends. The only regret may be the cost. But it is worth the price… Read Full Review

“Has anyone used a chocolate fountain for cheese?”

Written on: 17/01/2013 by jonylovet (1 review written)

I'm wanting to have a chocolate wellspring at my wedding, and I likewise need to do a cheddar one. I realize that certain places that lease wellsprings furnish cheddar ones, yet I'm wanting to purchase more minor wellsprings rather, so I require some assist with reference to what to put in it. I've purchased a Rival one (keeps 3-5 lbs of chocolate), and I've caught that it could be utilized for virtually whatever (smoking sauce, BBQ sauce, carmel sauce, and so on.), however I require certain… Read Full Review

“Very high standard service”

Written on: 19/11/2012 by nathanlevi (1 review written)

We were happy with the quality service provided to us by the company. I will surely love to book them again for my holidays… Read Full Review

“Disgusting place”

Written on: 14/09/2012 by michelle03y (1 review written)

Truth About Arquus Apartments Hairdryer, Microwave, Music System, TV, Bar, Currency Exchange, Lounge Menu bit hard no Lounge, Newspaper stand, Reception 24 Hour, Restaurant. All these things are advertised on the website has being included in your apartment booking well news flash none of these are available.These apartments are the worst place that anyone could stay, they staff are rude not interested in helping you with any query’s, 1 toilet roll in room, apartment dirty also net… Read Full Review

“Peters Kool Pool Kos - The Place To Jet Off To 2012”

Written on: 16/05/2012 by UmaWallace (2 reviews written)

The best place to jet off to Summer 2012 When I took my daughter on a much deserved holiday treat we went to Peters Kool Pool studios and apartments in Kardamena Kos. We were welcomed with fantastic hospitality and a wonderful atmosphere. We really began to feel like part of the family and were made to feel very special. The food is delicious and service is impecable. We enjoyed BBQ's, Kareoke, Quiz Nights, Beach days, Pool days and lovely walks. We made lots of friends for life and left… Read Full Review

“lowcostholidays.com to Fuerteventura”

Written on: 14/01/2012

We had a great time at the Castillo Elba apart hotel in Caleta De Fuste Feurteventura. The room was lovely and sunny all day and the staff were really friendly and helpful. A free shuttle bus took us everywhere and the shops and bars around the hotel are great value for money. All in all we had a great week away in the sun and we'll do it all over again… Read Full Review

“My wife and I stayed at Maison La Tourache lats year....”

Written on: 13/05/2011

My wife and I stayed at Maison La Tourache lats year. I can honestly say that we could not have been looked after any better.
Shirley and james were fabulous hosts and could not have been more accomodating or helpful.
The accomodation was first class and the B&B set in wonderful relaxing grounds.
Yes you do need a car to get around, but a small price to pay for spending some relaxing time in beautiful surroundings, being looked after by excellent hosts and getting true value for money.
I will… Read Full Review

“I'm staggered by the negative comment on here. We had...”

Written on: 17/08/2010

I'm staggered by the negative comment on here. We had a fantastic week with Shirley and James who were recommended to us.
Can't imagine there'd be a problem bringing back food - we did - unless a horrid mess was made.
It's a delightful relaxing spot and the hosts can't do enough for you. Don't let one person's bad experience put you off.
I would recommend staying here. And will be returning.

DJB, Petersfield, Hants… Read Full Review

“I was really queasy about having booked this B&B after...”

Written on: 02/09/2007 by Anne M Novak (1 review written)

I was really queasy about having booked this B&B after i read the review in this forum. We were most pleasantly surprised- the best hosts we encountered- during our three-week tour of the Dordogne-thoughtful, kind, well-informed and unfailingly hospitable, They plied us with pots of afternoon tea and invited us for after-dinner guest gatherings, during which the wine flowed freely, compliments of our host.
I asked to borrow an iron, and returned from breakfast to find it and a set-up board… Read Full Review

Ewshrewsbury's Response to Anne M Novak's Review

Written on: 14/04/2010

I found this review very helpful because it is accurate and truely reflects our own experience

Guest's Response to Anne M Novak's Review

Written on: 30/01/2012

what is the name of the B & B?

☆☆☆☆☆

“We rented a gite in the Dordogne in France which was...”

Written on: 14/09/2006 by aubazine (1 review written)

We rented a gite in the Dordogne in France which was lovely, but beware of gite owners who do not refund your security deposit and claim you have damaged the property to justify it!!! Take photographs to show the true condition on departure. Insist there is a face-to-face transfer of property with the housekeeper checking with you. Sign the inventory and keep all documentation… Read Full Review

Mmt's Response to 259545_aubazine's Review

Written on: 05/11/2007

Totally agree! We rented a cottage from the Chez-nous catalogue near Tamnies, Les Sablots. The owner took two months to return the deposit which she promptly had chequed in several months before and in the end she kept £100 for a rotten umbrella that broke with a gust of wind on a sunny day. If the wind had taken her roof off she probably would also have made us pay for it. Deposit money should not be used as an insurance for the house.

“I highly recommend the Dordogne in France, especially...”

Written on: 24/05/2006 by Blackjacket (4 reviews written)

I highly recommend the Dordogne in France, especially for an early break. It is probably even better later on when the temperature gets up, so as to enable more use of the pool. We found this place on a search under Saint Front la Riviere, and we will definitely return. This time we drove, but with Limoges airport only 45 minutes away, and cheap flights available from the UK, it makes sense to fly… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I would highly recommend a holiday to the Dordogne,...”

Written on: 03/10/2005 by leelambert (1 review written)

I would highly recommend a holiday to the Dordogne, however, I would like to warn people of a B&B called Maison La Tourache run by an English couple.

Although they have a very nice property unfortunately they have absolutely no idea how to run a B&B. Without going into the detail of what happened during our stay I can only offer my advice which is.. stay away !

There are far better French run places to stay in the area that also more conveniently located to enjoy the surrounding town and… Read Full Review

Tanyah's Response to leelambert's Review

Written on: 12/07/2006

I have to add a comment to the above. My partner and I stayed at Maison La Tourache in 2004 and we had a brilliant relaxing holiday. The b&b is absolutely idyllic and the hospitality was exceptional in every way. The hosts were extremely welcoming and attentive, they couldn't do enough for us, whether it was giving us directions or bringing us drinks. The dinners (5 courses!) was the best we've ever had - thats no exaggeration - and it was also very reasonable, something like 20 euros. Unfortunately dinner wasn't available every night but we would have eaten there every night if we could have.
<br/>The only downside was the rain - solid for 2 weeks!! Although we did get to see amazing thunderstorms. There are also loads of really interesting prehistoric caves to explore so we weren&#039;t bored.
<br/>We would recommend this b&b 100% and in fact some friends of ours are going there this year.

Lesfarges's Response to leelambert's Review

Written on: 29/01/2008

Stayed at La Tourache a lot of times while we were renovating our property in the area. We found it to be perfect and so friendly we could not resist revisiting. Could not have asked for more helpful hosts and the accommodation could not be faulted with a breakfast to set us both up for the rest of the day. A car is an essential part of visiting the area so do not expect to get by on public transport but there are plenty of really nice places to dine not too far away from the house in either direction. Pay a visit to the markets at Le Bugue & Rouffignac and spend a day in Perigueux exploring the many hidden sqaures.

Leelambert's Response to leelambert's Review

Written on: 17/07/2006

I can understand the comments to my review and I would highly recommend people to visit the area as the location is beautiful and the local people are friendly and helpful. We also experienced fantastic hospitality too for the first two days of our stay until what I can only describe as a "Jeykll & Hyde" moment when our hosts met us at the gate after returning from a day trip and asked us to leave immediately. It was quite a shock as they had been so nice to begin with. We really couldn&#039;t believe it at first. The reason they gave is that we had brought back food. We felt this was a huge over reaction considering all we had was a french stick and some foie gras (the local produce) and they do not supply food every night. We had been out most of the day, had a big lunch, and thought we could snack on the bread & foie gras if we got hungry. We also said we would happily take it away if it was a problem but they insisted we leave immediately. We found it hard to believe we were being thrown out for such a small thing and have since wondered if there was some other reason and this was just an excuse. In hindsight we were pleased to have left after their outrageous behaviour but having my wife in tears on the second day of our honeymoon was certainly not in the plan. We received fantastic service in every other place we stayed on our honeymoon and I should really spend my time writing positive reviews about that as opposed to warning people about La Tourache. I guess thats why the saying goes that an unhappy customer is likely to tell 9 people about their experience where as a happy customer will tell just one.

“We had decided after our last trip on Motorail to...”

Written on: 08/09/2005 by raehippychick (28 reviews written)

We had decided after our last trip on Motorail to upgrade from standard class for the trip to the Dordogne and a soon as we entered or cabin we knew it was the right decision. The three-berth cabin was miniscule, but gorgeous; we even had a steward at or beck and call at the push of a button. After consuming our buffet trays, I snuggled down between crisp freshly laundered, under a soft tartan blanket. On the wall by each bunk was not only a glass holder, but a wine bottle holder too the… Read Full Review