Marks & Spencer Bras Reviews

Marks and Spencer Bras - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Marks and Spencer Bras

“skin blisters”

Written on: 07/07/2014 by 327Randall (1 review written)

A dreadful reaction to the rubber in M&S bras.. Both shoulders blistered and a rash that looked like shingles. What sort of cheap rubber are they using?… Read Full Review

Divineh's Comment

Written on: 21/07/2014

I thought I was alone!
Having similar reaction to my M&S bras. It is really uncomfortable!

This was not the case some years back.

Catherinemcdevon's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2014

Same with me. Blisters on both shoulders that made it very difficult to wear an alternative bra for a number of days after. Rather unfortunate given my F cup size!!

Nizzymac's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2014

I had same reaction on both shoulders with itchy, weeping blisters. The M&S bra in question does have a warning about discomfort being possible but I thought that referred to the elasticity i.e. getting tight and not the fabric in the straps.

“Labels on Bras”

Written on: 13/05/2014

The latest bra I have bought from Marks has 4 labels on it! Yes it does have a pair of scissors and a cut line, but that just makes it itchy. it hasn't brought me up in a rash but I now have a rough patch on my back. The stitching is rough and I certainly won't buy that one again. Of the four labels, only one is in English do we really need the other three when they make the bra uncomfortable. I notice it was made aboard, perhaps it's time Marks started to make their products in their home… Read Full Review

Etttenaj21's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2014

I think we could do away with the labels on the actual garments. I am fed up of label irritation. Could they not put the information on the box/ removable label . Once I t has been washed a few times you can't read the label anyway but it still irritates my back.

Marks and Spencer Bras

“allergic reaction to bra!”

Written on: 29/03/2014 by Caabberley (1 review written)

Last week I bought what I thought was the same pack of two T shirt bras that I always buy.They fit me nicely as always and looked exactly the same as always.I buy them every few months and the only difference is they change the colour.However this time the bras made me itchy and sore.I was really uncomfortable at work the first time I wore one of them and I had to go home during my dinner hour to change.I decided to wash the second one several times before I tried that one but that one was… Read Full Review

Marks and Spencer Bras

“allergic reaction to bra!”

Written on: 29/03/2014 by Caabberley (1 review written)

Marks and Spencer Bras

“Allergic reaction to M&S bras”

Written on: 05/07/2013 by january1953 (1 review written)

The past 2 M&S bras I have purchased have given me an itchy very red rash. After only one wearing I have perfect bra shaped red irritated patches round my boobs. extremely itchy and unpleasant. The first time this happened I thought it was a flook but made sure I washed the second bra thoroughly. It didn't help it still gave me a rash .I had to go to the doctors for diprobase cream and it took over a week to get rid of it.Both the bras were made in China… Read Full Review

Louby2's Response to january1953's Review

Written on: 10/07/2013

I was interested to read the comments about M&S bras. For years I have relied on M&S to fulfil my bra and knicker needs , I recently went to M&S to purchase 2 x 36 DD white T shirt bras for my holidays, I had to order them through the store as non in stock. When they arrived and I tried them on they appeared baggy in the cup and the wiring appeared to dig into my skin,but as the size on the label was right and I hadn't had any great weight loss thought they would soften with washing and mould more to my body shape. 4 weeks later and numerous washes they are even more difficult to get my boobs to sit properly in the cups and I am constantly adjusting the wire, I get great red marks where the wire lies and my skin itches. My husband aware of my distress advised I check where manufactured and I see they are made in China where as the older ones in my possession are from Malaysia. Also although the Chinese made bras are trimmed the same as the Malaysian the cups are cut differently.

Spriglet's Response to january1953's Review

Written on: 11/03/2014

I have had the exact same problem - bought 2 bras, both lovely and comfy and nothing odd about the material, have massive red hives-like rash all around where the band goes. Despite washing them I can't wear them - tried again and it was the same. What is it?!

Angryrash's Response to january1953's Review

Written on: 04/12/2013

I bought a pack of panties from M&S in Singapore and have been wearing them on and off (with other existing ones). I started getting an allergic reaction around the panty line which I initially thought was hives. It was red, itchy, welt-like and started spreading but was also bruising at the same time. I went to the doctor who prescribed a dirposone cream but which made the rash itch even more so I stopped using the cream and stopped wearing the M&S panties (just used the ones I had been wearing for 6 months without a problem). The angry red rash eventually disappeared after about 2 weeks, but has now left an awful yellowy, dark patch. I am heartbroken as I will never have the confidence to wear a bikini again. I am quite sure it is the M&S panties as I started wearing them a few days ago again just to try, and I just woke up now with another line of angry red rash!!! How can they do this??!!! Why would they make this cheap, awful stuff from China?!!

“m n s bras...pants!”

Written on: 20/09/2012

omg, same thing happened to me..people in store intimidating, how many people have dropped it because of them? not me! strength in numbers..use these reviews as further proof....next step small claims court… Read Full Review

Marks and Spencer Bras

“Marks and Spencers classic collection bra's”

Written on: 10/08/2012

I bought two of the classic collection bras from Marks a couple of months ago. As soon as I started wearing them I started getting a red rash like irritation that turned into lots of little blisters in my cleavage area. At first I thought it was maybe due to the heat but as it got worse I decided to try other bras other than them (I even thought at one point that I had shiggles). The irritation cleared up I still didn't think that it may have been the bras so I started wearing them again, and… Read Full Review

Burnjohn's Comment

Written on: 31/08/2012

I have had the same issue with M&S 100% cotton male pants and socks also made in Sri Lanka. I ended up with an infection in my feet which put me in hospital for five days and a very red bottom!

They must be coating them in something to preserve them before sale.

Georgie04's Comment

Written on: 08/07/2014

Wow, out of curiosity I thought I would look to see if any one had the same problem as me. I was amazed to see there were. Like a few of you I thought it was a sweat rash, but it became worse and my whole body became itchy and dry. I changed bras and started using Steroid creams and allergy tablets. At the end of the week the itching stopped but where the rash had been, my skin started peeling (just like sunburn) I took pictures and unfortunately sent the bra to M&S Complaints department. A week later I received a letter from them with a gift token to the value of the bra. their comment was I should see a dermatologist and basically that was the end of the matter. I now wish I had kept the bra and taken matters further. I still have the photos though. Good luck to all who are pursuing this matter.

Basilt's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2013

It's just happened to me! I came out in blisters where the strap had been sitting on my shoulder. It was a bra style that I had been using for years but the non slip strp has been changed slightly. I took it back for a refund but the assistant did point out that the label said that bra contained silicone which may cause irritation how ridiculous!

Rebell's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2013

I also have itching and redness that lasts days where the shiny non-slip line runs under the shoulder straps on an M&S bra. It happened with another bra a year ago and I've only just realised that both the old and new bra have these rubbery ribbon liners in common. I'm going to sew a line of fabric over them as can't seem to remove it but would like to know what they are made of, so I don't buy it again !

January's Comment

Written on: 19/03/2013

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read these posts as I've been suffering the exact same symptoms with Marks and Spencer bras. I've been using an anti itch cream as the area all round the bra lines have become extremely itchy and seems to have tiny blisters which is all very itchy and painful. I've only had these symptoms since wearing these bras and haven't changed any of my usual bathing products or anything. .

Sue1952's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2012

The same thing happened to me. Lots of small blisters along the line of the shoulder strap. There seems to be a thin strip of clear rubber which I think is causing the problem. I think I will take them back to the store.

Abdelrahim's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2012

The same thing happen to my wife but the product is from China

Parsley59's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2012

I purchased two per una twin packs of floral lace bras at £29.50, which were the best fitting bras I had had in years. Wore the beige and white ones from one pack with what appeared to be no problems, saved the blue and ivory pack new for my holidays. When I arrived I could not believe how uncomfortable I was and the next day I had a bad rash all over the area where the padding of the bra touched my skin. I took photographs but was not able to load them to M & S site for them to see. The following few weeks were really bad, lotions, potions, hospital, visits to GP and prescriptions. I was told everyone reacts differently to things, it was not their fault. I saw the bra specialist at M & S and the Departmental Manager who both confirmed that the reaction followed the lines of the bra but the technical department could not find anything wrong with them and sent me a voucher. My main concern was what could possibly have caused the reaction. Is it polyamide and how is that made up, what chemicals are in it. I am 53, never reacted to any material before and have worn all of the fabrics stated on the ticket with no problem. I contacted M & S again as I was not happy with their findings and they have now had the bra independently tested, they found a problem with the 'seams' and sent me another voucher. However, this has still left me with the question, what caused the reaction? I have since worn the white and beige bras with no problems, but the blue bra that was teamed up with the ivory bra that caused the problem also brings me out in a rash. What was in this pack that wasn't in the other? These are supposed to be made up of exactly the same fabric. Have they been spot cleaned in the factory, sprayed with a chemical to hold the shape. I read that Victoria Secrets had a problem with one of their bras and this turned out to be formaldehyde in the padding. I asked M & S if this could be the case with the per una bras but have been told there was no evidence of chemicals in the bra that could have caused the reaction I had. I am still in the dark! I have read that formaldehyde is used to keep a good shape to fabrics and these bras definitely keep their shape. I appreciate that M & S have looked into this for me but I am now seriously considering having the blue bra independently tested to satisfy myself of the content. I would point out that these packs of bras were also manufactured in Sri Lanka. I understand M & S have stringent safety measures but how stringently are these followed? I would be really interested to hear of anyone else having similar problems with these per una bras as I appear to be the only person to have complained.
After reading up on this on several sites the information is to wash these items several times in hot water before wearing them (hot water is not always recommended for delicate underwear). Years ago, my mother worked in a factory that supplied M & S with underwear and she said 'you see, you've always laughed at me washing new clothes before I wear them', I will certainly be doing this in the future and it may be a good call for M & S to recommend this on their packaging!!

Mandyd1808's Comment

Written on: 22/01/2013

i bought a bra from m and s whilst in manila for work. the thing has been itching me all day and im about to throw it away. it was made in china. i was going to go out and get anothoer (different) on in a minute but by the looks of these reviews im going to go elsewhere!

Marks and Spencer Bras

“Went to pick up two Bras I"d ordered & finally...”

Written on: 11/09/2010

Went to pick up two Bras I"d ordered & finally cancelled one of them as they had one but could not find the other one. A long angry line of people formed behind me. M&s staff were totally inefficient & could"nt work the computer & then spent at least half an hour looking for this second bra physically. It has totally put me off ordering on line at M& S ever again. My car park payment was huge as I had only wanted to dash in to pick up my purchases… Read Full Review

Marks and Spencer Bras

“Has anyone suffered an allergic reaction to Marks and...”

Written on: 12/05/2010

Has anyone suffered an allergic reaction to Marks and Spencers Underwired Bra's which were made in China????… Read Full Review

Penryn 123's Comment

Written on: 19/05/2010

I purchased an under wired bra from Marks and Spencer April of 2009. I suffered a severe reaction to the metal used. My GP is of the opinion it was Nickel. Marks and Spencer deny this. Has anyone else suffered a similar reaction?

Fran31's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2012

I have just written a review about Marks and Spencers bra's although made in Sri Lanka. I have almost burn like blisters from them but was fobbed of in the store. I am going to take it futher.

Written on: 11/04/2012

hi
I too have been suffering for months, last year i updated all my Bra's to M&S Bra's and have been on a slippery slope ever since its almost like i have suffered a severe chemical burn, Dr has treated with creams and potions, never did i once think it could be the bra's its only since careful elimination of almost my entire underwear collection im am now only able to wear a 100% cotton sloggi and a 100%cotton sports bra, i have a permanent brown scar ring around my middle under my bust and if i get hot and sweaty the itching starts up and so the sores and raised lumps, i have found relief in aquaous cream i have to now wash in this as i am so hyposensative as a result of this rash, i am so relieved to find that i am not alone in the world!!!! I shall be contacting M&S customer service department and possibaly bbc watchdog if i get no joy!!

Written on: 12/02/2012

I bought a bra last year (2011) green silk, made in China. I have been trying to get M&S to treat it seriously but have been treated very rudely and with disregard. It was terrible. I woke up the morning after wearing it to find a perfect red, painful and itchy bra shaped burn. Any advice?

Aussie60's Comment

Written on: 03/01/2012

Yes, I have had a bad allergic reaction to these bras. While on holiday in the UK between August and October last year I purchased 5 of these bras. I developed a rash, blotches and severe itching but I was hesitant to put it down to the bras initially as I had never experienced this reaction with my previous brand of bra. Now going back to my previous brand and notifying M & S in the hope that they will take these off the market. Lorraine - Australia

Written on: 03/01/2012

I am astounded to find that I am not the only person who has had this experience. I bought these Marks & Spencer bras while on holiday in the UK last August through until October. The experience I have has included a rash, blotches and terrible itching. Never having experienced this reaction previously to a bra I was hesitant to think the bra was the cause. I will be going back to the Triumph bras that I wore previously and contacting Marks & Spencer in the hope that they pull these bras off the market. Lorraine - Australia

Written on: 28/07/2011

Yes I think I have. For the past 2months I have been itchy and have weird allergy type blotches all over my tummy and underneath my breasts.

Mrs Bloogs's Comment

Written on: 26/07/2010

I had a severe reaction to Marks and Spencers Bras. Woke up one morning with hugh lumps all over my body 3 inches across, terrible itching and sleepness nights. Went for allergy tests at local hospital, all tests OK, they were not looking for Nickle allergy. Didnt realise it was their bras and continued to wear them. Had in all five months of misery, constant irritation, on steroids and very high dose of antihisamines. Felt really ill.
<br/>When I realised it was the bras and stopped wearing them I was 90% better in 3 days, but had to continue on medication for another 2 months until I was free of the nickle and the last of the lumps disappeared My Doctor and allergy clinic were astounded that this terrible reaction was caused by Marks Bras. At the moment I am taking Legal action against them, awaiting results

Marks and Spencer Bras

“M&S bras are great value for money and most of them...”

Written on: 22/04/2010

M&S bras are great value for money and most of them fit well but please, please won't you consider putting non-slip strips on the straps of your bras? I recently bought a very comfortable t-shirt bra at very reasonable cost but because the straps are silky they slide down all the time. Most of my friends have the same criticism perhaps you could consider my suggestion… Read Full Review

Marks and Spencer Bras

“I've always found m&s bras to be the wrong size. Too...”

Written on: 17/11/2009

I've always found m&s bras to be the wrong size. Too small - does anyone else find this?… Read Full Review

Catboys's Comment

Written on: 29/05/2013

Definitely. I have to buy a 36 in m&s, 34 in all other brands. Measured their bras against others I have and found they are about 4cm shorter. Why??

Marks and Spencer Bras

“I ended up getting the wrong size bra due to the women...”

Written on: 24/02/2008 by chez18 (172 reviews written)

I ended up getting the wrong size bra due to the women measuring me wrong!!! If she'd measured me correctly it would of been great but unfortunately not!!! They have some nice stuff but really to be honest I'd rather go to La Senza!!!… Read Full Review

Connor74's Response to chez18's Review

Written on: 12/08/2013

I went to marks in Poole Dorset to be measured, service was good but the stock was poor as there no bras in my size, i then went to Bournemouth and i was measured a different size so ended up being annoyed and left. I went back to Poole this week and was again measured, this time i was a differnt size to the other 2 and guess what, again no sizes in stock. I then went to Next and picked up the size as measured in Marks and they where far too tight. I am fed up as there are very few shops where you can be measured.

Marks and Spencer Bras

“I have previously bought the underwired sports bras...”

Written on: 03/02/2008

I have previously bought the underwired sports bras from M&S which did the job, however, they have swapped the make over to a new brand which offers nowhere near the level of support that they used to. I bought the highest level of impact as I go running regularly and it was a complete waste of money as I cannot use the bra as it doesn't provide enough support to allow me to run. I shall be buying from elsewhere in future… Read Full Review

Marks and Spencer Bras

“Ive recently been to Marks & Spencers to buy a new...”

Written on: 27/03/2007 by Emily C (61 reviews written)

Ive recently been to Marks & Spencers to buy a new sports bra for the gym, i decided to go to M&S for it as i thought they would be more likely to stock them as opposed to other high street lingerie shops and i also had a voucher to spend at M&S.
M&S staff were extremely helpful, i was looking around the various sports bra designs and having never have bought a sports bra before i must have been looking very confused.
A very helpful lady asked what sport it was for therefore was able to… Read Full Review

Marks and Spencer Bras

“I bought 2 new underwear sets just after Christmas and...”

Written on: 27/02/2007 by AndreaG (242 reviews written)

I bought 2 new underwear sets just after Christmas and I am very impressed with both.
I had a choice of Knicker Styles to match the Bra's I had chosen and there was plenty of choice in sizes.
One of the Bra's I bought is a padded Bra and it gives me an instant breast enhancement, no need for cosmetic surgery.
The fit of both Bra's is perfect, although I can go to other stores, buy the same size and they be too big or too small, you never can tell, it is the same with a lot of clothes though… Read Full Review

Marks and Spencer Bras

“Marks and Spencer have had a bra overhaul in recent...”

Written on: 08/03/2004 by traceys (2 reviews written)

Marks and Spencer have had a bra overhaul in recent years, with the introduction of several ranges such as Salon Rose and Wild Hearts. While their basic selection is still good, it's these new ranges that really impress - seductive styles in a good range of sizes, that, while pricier than their average range, look and feel worth the extra money. Highly recommended… Read Full Review