Holiday Watchdog www.holidaywatchdog.com Reviews

Media Gallery for Holiday Watchdog www.holidaywatchdog.com

Holiday Watchdog www.holidaywatchdog.com
Holiday Watchdog www.holidaywatchdog.com

“Holiday nightmare”

Written on: 24/04/2014 by KillianHood (1 review written)

We booked a holiday with teletextt holidays on the 5th of march 2014 . When we got back from our holiday on the 12 of march we checked our bank statement for some items we had purchesed in lanzarote , hotel Hesperia , only to find that the hotel had taken £800 out of our account , when we contacted the hotel , they told us the company that teletext had used to book the holiday had gone bust , so they took the money out of our account which was an illegal transaction , we got on to teletext and… Read Full Review

“good job people ”

Written on: 04/04/2014 by Nicolel329 (1 review written)

jist checking the system works… Read Full Review

“pinata club hotel”

Written on: 18/09/2013 by angel61 (1 review written)

I have just got back from this hotel it is dirty the staff are lazy and just don't care we got there on the 3 of September we had to wait 3 hours before we even got a room same had to wait 24 hours the staff are all young and have not got a clue what they are doing we had a bed change 2 times in 2 weeks the sheets she put on the bed was still wet I went down to the reception and said we have had wet sheet put on our beds and the reply was so that really made me mad the food was yuk we had… Read Full Review

“paid for service i did not receive ”

Written on: 26/11/2012 by donpsam (1 review written)

Booked a holiday to Cyprus with Flightline.co.uk paid over £90.00 extra for sea view, on arrival was informed their was no sea view rooms available & that Flightline.co.uk should of checked before excepting my booking. Complained to Flightline on returning from my holiday on 15/10/2012, emailed them again on 19/11/2012 still waiting for reply, seem quick to take your money but as yet no sign of them returning it… Read Full Review

“Excellent is all I can say”

Written on: 02/01/2012 by morganelliot (2 reviews written)

I will definitely recommend them. They have entertainments laid on during the day with quizzes, archery, walks, indoor curling amongst others. Entertainment every night by house band and team was excellent,albeit rather noisy on the last night towards the end. Food was good, especially Oliver's Bistro, where the staff was even better. Definitely recommend… Read Full Review

“john fowler holidays”

Written on: 10/11/2011 by joanneclissold (1 review written)

sandaway holiday park (john fowler holidays) what a fantastic holiday park a perfect location in north devon a very friendly park where the staff go the extra mile to ensure you have a wonderful time during your stay.it is a small park and during the late season is very quite but if thats what your looking for this is the place for you.in a prime position for local attractions a wonderful shopping experience can be had in barnstaple where every day there is a pannier market each day there are… Read Full Review

“If you are looking for a cheap and reliable travel...”

Written on: 12/04/2011 by alanshort (1 review written)

If you are looking for a cheap and reliable travel company, I would like to recommend Ola Holidays as weve only been away with them once but we found their prices really good, and what you see is what you get. The only problem we had was that the children's mini club wasn't open as much of the time as we had hoped, but still the kids enjoyed splashing about in the pool or bashing each other in the playground, but this wasn't Ola's fault it was the hotel we chose. Next time we will make sure… Read Full Review

“Ola Holidays, Absolute nightmare, I booked and paid in...”

Written on: 25/11/2010 by martinja1 (7 reviews written)

Ola Holidays, Absolute nightmare, I booked and paid in full using visa credit card in May 2010 for all inclusive to Turkey. Ola Holidays took my payment then in July notified me that my flight (Ola Holiday had booked) had gone bust. Ola Holidays offered me an alternative flight for £400.00 extra, I declined this offer. I requested a full refund in July 2010, this is now towards the end of November 2010 and I have still not received any of my money refunded. I have complained to ABTA, ATOL and… Read Full Review

“Pineta club hotel is dirt and the shower was all...”

Written on: 09/09/2010 by kevinday (1 review written)

Pineta club hotel is dirt and the shower was all mounldy and the beds sheets had all yellow markes my son and her sister got stuck in the lift for an hour they did not come and get them out they press the botton 10 times.and there is more then this we where told this was a 4* but i am rated this hotel as a 1* and if you go all incvie the ice creams are not in with it nor the gym and all the other things.THIS HOTEL SHOUNLD BE SHUT DOWN.WE HAVE PHOTOS OF THE BAD THINGS.MRS AND MR DAY… Read Full Review

“ We took out car hire with holiday autos, 15th June...”

Written on: 11/07/2010

We took out car hire with holiday autos, 15th June 2010, as we did previously in 2008 when holidaying in Italy. We paid Total damage Waiver at cost of £60+ to cever all costs. Arrived in Faro to be informed by europacar our TDW was invalid in their country, we had to pay a further 13.50 euros a DW, cover that we had already paid direct to Holiday Autos in the uk.

this car hire company should inform all parties that TDW is not valid in pORTUGAL
Do not book through this car hire company… Read Full Review

“we were on the grand Princess cruise to the med in...”

Written on: 10/06/2010 by gor2468scu (1 review written)

we were on the grand Princess cruise to the med in May, my wife caught a bug on board 3 days of cruise. quarenteen for 3 days, call the medical staff received medication and were charge $89.00through no fault of ours, this virus was rife aboard this ship. the helth practice in their Buffet were very poor, cold food, tables were spray and wipe cleanwhen become vacant. staff serley and undolant. charging different prices in all bars for the same drinks,and recipts were not given unless requested… Read Full Review

“We had such a fantastic time in Mexico Blue Bay...”

Written on: 14/03/2008 by DGdiane (2 reviews written)

We had such a fantastic time in Mexico Blue Bay getaway that we went back the following year. Mexico is now a must at least once a year. Its one of those places once you visit you have to go back, Because everything was perfect throughout. That old saying if it aint broke don't try to fix it, well thats Mexico, Cancun because its perfect holiday so why go anywhere else. The service and set up is set out, so the only thing you have to worry about is finding time to sun bath. This is because… Read Full Review

“I was very disappointed with The Royal Albertrose...”

Written on: 11/03/2008 by DGdiane (2 reviews written)

I was very disappointed with The Royal Albertrose Moderna considering it cost £1200 for two adults for just a week AI. The standard was appalling in my opinion, it was be no means a five star more like a 2 star for me. The bread was stale and to try and get a drink was terrible in my experience. After 24 hours I had a welcome meeting with the rep, and explained how unhappy I was with the standard of the hotel and food.I was near to tears at this point, starving hungry and told there was no… Read Full Review

“I found the holidaywatchdog.com site whilst looking...”

Written on: 26/05/2007 by nogin (1 review written)

I found the holidaywatchdog.com site whilst looking for a review of my up and coming holiday. The reviews are very useful and informative.

There's no messy pages, and useless links that pop up from nowhere. The layout is clean and bright.

I like the forum, it's very easy to use. User friendly I would say. Nice clean pages and easy to read. The input from the forum members seems friendly and helpful.

The videos of the hotels are really useful. I like to see what the hotel looks like before… Read Full Review

“I have used many holiday review web sites, this has to...”

Written on: 26/05/2007 by rosemead (1 review written)

I have used many holiday review web sites, this has to be the best on the net for its ease of use and comprehensive coverage of destinations, Plus Lots of helpful advice on many things relating to holidays and flights. The staff and moderators are helpful and very friendly so if you have a question it is answered as quickly as possible. No pop ups which is a bonus I hate pop up adverts. I will always use this site before I consider booking a holiday, tried others but this one comes out top on… Read Full Review

“The previous reader must be associated with Holiday...”

Written on: 08/01/2006 by tommyarbuckle (1 review written)

The previous reader must be associated with Holiday Watchdog, as after looking at it, it's very confusing and not a lot of reviews.

2 sites spring to mind when looking at holiday/hotel reviews.
Holiday Truths and Real Holiday Reports

These are by far the best on the web and make this one look like a kiddies site… Read Full Review

Bobsmyuncle's Response to tommyarbuckle's Review

Written on: 16/01/2006

I can assure you I am not associated with the website concerned.
<br>
<br>I find nothing childish or 'kiddie' about the site at all. It is very informative easy to use and contrary to what you say I think you will find they have a larger variety of reviews than the two sites you have mentioned.
<br>
<br>One of the sites you mentioned has an excellent forum community and the other merely appears to imitate its competitors. I would put it to you that you are associated with one of these two sites. However, this is not the purpose of being able to post a comment. I merely wanted to state that I disagree with your review.
<br>Regards

Guest's Response to tommyarbuckle's Review

Written on: 03/12/2011

When you're in not good state and have got no money to go out from that point, you will have to take the loans. Just because it would help you emphatically. I get bank loan every year and feel good just because of this.

Tillymints12's Response to tommyarbuckle's Review

Written on: 01/06/2007

Lets stop talking crap about playgrounds and who started first etc.
<br/>
<br/>Here's the full list of all the 5 sites, and you'll note, holidays uncovered NEVER came online in the 90's as and Tripadvisor's NOT older then all of them.
<br/>
<br/>Holiday Truths..................................................First online August 19th 2000
<br/>Tripadvisor........................................................First online August 21st 2000
<br/>Real Holiday Reports.Com............................First online February 23rd 2001
<br/>Holidays Uncovered .......................................First online July 18th 2001
<br/>Holiday Watchdog...........................................First online July 18th 2003
<br/>
<br/>Here's few more CORRECT facts for you.
<br/>
<br/>1, Alexa results are compiled from users who have the Alexa toolbar installed on their PC.
<br/> I personally, like millions of others, have the Google toolbar installed.
<br/>
<br/>2, Site owners who use the Alexa toolbar will inflate their own figures because of personal visits to their site, which could be more than 50% of all web traffic, depending on the size of the site!)
<br/>
<br/>I do wish people like you would check the facts before posting.

Torchwood's Response to tommyarbuckle's Review

Written on: 26/05/2007

Oh please, this isn't the school playground. "Who copied, who?" I mean really... Tripadvisor is older than all three sites, does that mean holidaytruths copied them... ? ;) I believe holidaysuncovered has been around since the 1990's too?
<br/>
<br/>I think what we have to look at here is that every review website is different. holidaytruth is a message forum based website and is very good at it, whereas holidaywatchdog and realholidayreports are more review based.
<br/>
<br/>At the end of the day it's is us the user who decides which site to use. I have just looked on alexa and truth be told that holiday watchdog gets more traffic than the other sites, but that doesn't mean they aren't any good. I personally use holidaytruths and holidaywatchdog.
<br/>
<br/>The original poster did say they actually thought holidaytruths had an excellent forum community, which I agree with.
<br/>
<br/>I say, well done to all three websites. Tripadisvor is huge in comparision to all of them so they have done well not to be pushed out I think.

Tillymints12's Response to tommyarbuckle's Review

Written on: 11/05/2007

Just came across this rubbish from Bobsyouruncle.
<br/>Holiday Truths does indeed have an excellent forum that is extensively used. Real Holiday Reports.Com and Holiday Truths, copied no site to my knowledge, and were the forerunners in the way most of the other review sites went about displaying their reviews.
<br/>If you are going to spout about travel, make sure you get your facts right by doing some research. Here's some for you.
<br/>
<br/>Real Holiday Reports.Com...........................First online February 23rd 2001
<br/>
<br/>So who copied who.??

“There are a few holiday opinion websites out there...”

Written on: 07/09/2005 by bobsmyuncle (2 reviews written)

There are a few holiday opinion websites out there now, but I think that Holiday Watchdog is one of the best. The reviews are easy to get to, and they are not hidden under piles of dodgy pop ups and advertising. Compared to the 'other' sites, it is nice to look at, and always seems to be up-to-date.
I use the website every time I look at booking a holiday, and my family do the same. The only let down, is that the discussion forum is almost dead. But you can't have it all… Read Full Review