Car Checkers Reviews - www.car-checkers.co.uk

• Customer service

Car Checkers www.car-checkers.co.uk - Ask a question now

“well too dear for a car check and info is like bingo...”

Written on: 27/05/2010

well too dear for a car check and info is like bingo they cant confirm anything they give you, and its not there fault always, useful as a chocolate fireman!!!!… Read Full Review

“Car Checkers. Very easy to use web site, all staff I...”

Written on: 27/01/2009 by ian Clark (1 review written)

Car Checkers. Very easy to use web site, all staff I came into contact with were very help full. Overall a very good experience. I would use them again… Read Full Review

“The whole process was really easy, from booking over...”

Written on: 19/08/2008 by pollypocket (1 review written)

The whole process was really easy, from booking over the phone to receiving my report by email the day after the inspection. The engineer who carried out the inspection was polite and helpful, giving me honest and unbiased advice… Read Full Review

“If you are considering using Carcheckers to review a...”

Written on: 09/05/2008 by Paul Chamberlain (1 review written)

If you are considering using Carcheckers to review a vehicle for you then I would think again and send it to the local relevant dealership.
I used car checkers to do a full, comprehensive ( £219) report on a vehicle that was located over 200 miles from me. I then used that report to negotiate the price and ultimately buy the vehicle.
When I got the vehicle delivered, they had missed clearly visible dints to both doors, an eight inch crack to the side skirt, a five inch split in the front… Read Full Review

Carcheckers's Response to Paul Chamberlain's Review

Written on: 19/08/2008

Mr Chamberlain was refunded for the damage as goodwill, despite the fact that the vehicle was driven a long distance from the time of our inspection to the time of delivery to him. It could easily have been damaged during this interim period.

“Engineer was very helpful overall a good experience...”

Written on: 22/12/2007

Engineer was very helpful overall a good experience which went very easy and was done with fast… Read Full Review

“They are exactly the same people the AA use (i.e. the...”

Written on: 24/09/2007 by PaulWalsh (1 review written)

They are exactly the same people the AA use (i.e. the AA resells their checks with a premium on top).
Secondly, they missed a number of serious problems with a car I bought, declaring the areas to be quite satisfactory. My local garage (and verifying this at other reputable garages) all declared these problems straight away, told me the (horrendous) cost of getting it put right, and couldn't believe that the mechanic from the AA/Carcheckers had completely missed it. Don't take their word for… Read Full Review

“Very disappointed that the report did not disclose an...”

Written on: 30/08/2007 by noellescan (1 review written)

Very disappointed that the report did not disclose an obvious problem that if I had known of its existence would have definitely deterred me from purchasing. I bought the car in Glasgow and their engineer was from that area presumably. I presume that all of Car Checkers' mechanics cannot be that bad?! I would stick to a reputable organisation like AA or RAC for my next purchase. This error on their part has cost me very dearly… Read Full Review

“Since buying a used car can always be a minefield I...”

Written on: 12/07/2006 by AlsOnline (7 reviews written)

Since buying a used car can always be a minefield I always make sure that I get the car checked over by a qualified engineer before signing on the dotted line. Having used both the RAC and AA for previous purchases I came across Car Checkers while looking for cheaper alternatives. Now cheaper doesn't always mean better but having read through their web site and compared the things covered by the checking process I decided it was worth a go.

My initial contact was through their web site to make… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I decided to book an inspection with CarCheckers...”

Written on: 11/10/2005 by ajm17 (2 reviews written)

I decided to book an inspection with CarCheckers because they were £25 cheaper than AA/RAC etc. I booked on a Sunday with the seller present. They said that one of their engineers would carry out the inspection within 2-3 days. When I hadn't heard anything by Thursday morning, I called to find out what was happening - a lady told me she would find out and call me back - nothing - I called again in the afternoon and another lady said she would find out. Eventually I got a call from someone… Read Full Review

Nigelheaton's Response to ajm17's Review

Written on: 10/01/2006

We have investigated this matter and wish to advise that on the day in question we had I.T problems beyond our control and that this was a genuine unfortunate, one -off incident.
<br>
<br>We undertake thousands of inspections annually and 99% of our customers are satisfied. Please see our website testimonials.
<br>N Heaton. Techical Director

Ajm17's Response to ajm17's Review

Written on: 18/01/2006

The incident may have been IT based, but this shouldn't have affected your customer service should it?
I don't doubt that this was due to a "one off" IT incident, but my annoyance was with the inability to accomodate my request within a reasonable time once you were aware that the IT incident had affected your systems. When I asked if I could be seen as a matter of priority (having already waited 4 working days for a response) I was simply told to book the inspection again.
<br>
Would you have given a company that second chance after being let down especially when you have so many bigger competitors?

“I am very satisfied with the level of service I...”

Written on: 06/09/2005 by Gagnor Regis (31 reviews written)

I am very satisfied with the level of service I received from Car Checkers. They offer many services including AA and RAC Inspections, and Data Checks… Read Full Review