Slimming World Reviews

Summary

Slimming World offers weight control help and support to millions of people every year with their classes, magazines and recipes. Their online site has grown over the last few years, although it's still the traditional classes that are helping people get to their target weights.
Slimming World - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Slimming World

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)
Slimming World

“Plan is easy to follow but group leader is nasty”

Written on: 13/09/2014 by qbCastillo457 (1 review written)

The plan itself is very easy to follow but I've left my group as the woman running it is quote rude Nd just seems to want to help the same click of people all the time. Will try to do it on my own… Read Full Review

“It works”

Written on: 18/04/2014 by Gaugex194 (1 review written)

Following the plan, and that means completely sticking to it works, full stop. Its the only diet I've stuck to and lost weight. However, the problem is sticking to it. The first few weeks you I lost on average a pound a week, I have about a stone to lose. I felt amazing, but then you get complacent and it gets boring and then you lose interest. The group is also a waste of time, in my opinion its just a social club for a load of retired women. I just go get weighed and then I'm off but if you… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“Great for food optomising, not so good in group”

Written on: 18/01/2014 by fireboxchaser (5 reviews written)

I finally got fed up with my weight before Christmas and decided to visit my GP to ask if she would recommend mw for some Slimminh World vouchers for 12 weeks of free slimming. I started goingas soon as I received them despite it being just before xmas. No time like the present! I lost 1/2 stone by Christmas and got my award which i was quite chuffed about. Then the rot started to set in which was not my fayult. Apparently the next 2 weeks I put on despite following the plan to theletter. The… Read Full Review

Gardener21's Response to fireboxchaser's Review

Written on: 30/03/2014

Well said, it's the same at the class I attend. Long queues to stand and get weighed. Again the consultant stands at the front of the class and reads out everyone's weight losses or gains and then ask either how they managed it or what did they do wrong to put on weight. She also then asks everyone what they want to lose for the next week and I feel she badgers people into saying they want to lose a lot more than they actually can. I think all classes are the same and the consultants just read from the book. A bit more empathy would be greatly appreciated I am sure.

Fireboxchaser's reply to Gardener21's Comment

Written on: 31/03/2014

They just dont seem to get it. Sitting there hearing others weight loss for that week and the polite clapping that follows does not motivate anyone. It seems that once they have your money that they just go through the motions and get the class over and done with asap so that they can pack up and go home. If I was a consultant, I would be planning each class to make sure there was something interesting to stay for each week and definitely something motivational!

Happysarah's reply to Fireboxchaser's Comment

Written on: 14/04/2014

you are spot on! I was a SW consultant for a year, you have a really tight script of what you have to do and say when running a group, it is all about getting people through the door. the diet does work if you stick to it and make every thing from scratch..., not so easy when you have a normal hectic family/work life.
I could never get my head around asking people how bad/good they have been when surrounded by many people they don't know, and expect them to give a really honest answer.
The down side to slimming world (I did loose 6 stone) is that it encourages you to eat lots and lots of healthy food, great when you stick to it, but when not on plan you are still in the habit of eating really big meals, so obviously its really easy to regain lots of weight really quickly!! (I have now put on 4 stone).
SW is one huge money making machine, as little as 25% go's to the consultant, and that's after paying out £1,500 to become one in the first place!!

Fireboxchaser's reply to Happysarah's Comment

Written on: 14/04/2014

Flipping heck. £1500 to become a consultant! I have found that to a lesser degree with the portions. I had 12 weeks slimming from my GP and lost a stone. I did try to continue on my own after that partly because i didn't like the attitude of the consultant and I was also unemployed, but once you lose the support online and cant look things up it becomes very difficult!

I have put a few pounds back on but am now just cutting my portion sizes and eating healthy, so hopefully with a bit of exercise i shall start seeing it come off again!

“good”

Written on: 03/08/2013

thats a good experience however could be improved. thats a good experience however could be improved. thats a good experience however could be improved. thats a good experience however could be improved. thats a good experience however could be improved. … Read Full Review

Slimming World

“Deit very good consultant awful”

Written on: 10/07/2013

I joined slimming world and like the diet very easy (extra easy). the Consultant i find to be lazy and not inspiring if there are no new joiners. she will ignore you and sit with arms folded doing nothing. today when i weighed in she sat whilst one girl took the money and then ran over to serve us on the snacks! whilst another girl weighed us in. She completely ignored us! and did not atempt to help. if she has this spare time could she not enage with the customers? if you stay behind the… Read Full Review

Helen25's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2013

I found the same - the consultant was really disinterested - I went to the class in Mosspark. The consultant always had her children there and it was a bit of a rabble. The children would also stand at the scales and watch you get weighed. I'm a mum myself but thought this was very unprofessional and also off-putting.

I looked for another class and happier there.

Slimming World

“It works if you keep at it”

Written on: 20/07/2012 by whybewhy (9 reviews written)

Slimming World does work if you stick at it. I've lost about 1 1/2 stone over the past 9 months or so and therefore I guess I have to recommend it. I think it sometimes frustrates my BF that I'm always pulling the book out to check certain foods and that I have to effectively decide what I'm going to eat at the start of the day (or at least not eat certain food types - which does cut down spontaneity), but he loves the results and so do I ;) … Read Full Review

“Great but...”

Written on: 20/02/2012 by peelap1 (1 review written)

I've been a SW devotee for about 3 years now, and have been at my target weight for s and a half years. I have read some of the reviews and agree with some and sympathise with others. If you get a good consultant, it is great. The support from both the consultant and the group can be really motivating, especially if you are having a bad time with the weight loss. If you have a bad consultant, you can be given bad information, be unmotivated and totally lose interest. I know - our group have… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“let all of us be slim!”

Written on: 17/02/2012 by irisbass (6 reviews written)

since I'm not very slim so I decided to practise more to be good-looking,so I join in the healthy queue and wait for my change!!!… Read Full Review

“it works for me”

Written on: 12/01/2012 by kaigausista (1 review written)

I've tried many weight loss diets and none of it works for me until I was introduced to slimming world by a friend. I've come to see that different diets work for different people. Slimming World works for me!!! I use to attend weekly group in our area but then the group stopped running a few months later for some reason. Even though we don't have any SW group in our area I was fortunate to have gotten all the food optimizing information I needed when i was in group. Now I just keep myself… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“Hi there, I have just been reading all the reviews on...”

Written on: 16/02/2011 by SCRAZZLES (1 review written)

Hi there, I have just been reading all the reviews on this and just wondered if anyone could help me get motivated. Like most women i've done 101 diets and took slimming pills but NO MORE. I need to lose it sensibly and hopefully keep it off. I am only small but just over 11stone (not too big) but need to lose 2 and i'll be really pleased.

I joined sw last year, you know what its like when you go the first week and stay the same and then second I stayed the same. Granted I didn't exercise… Read Full Review

12Sarah12's Response to SCRAZZLES's Review

Written on: 23/02/2011

Brilliant diet.If you stick to it rigidly it definately works. I have lost a stone in 4 weeks on red days, green days but haven't cheated as you can eat so much you don't need to! Best of luck

Shazshaw's Response to SCRAZZLES's Review

Written on: 06/03/2011

To sound just like me a few months ago, similar weight, build and frustrations! I've joined ww and sw lots of times with varied successes over the years. I can't do ww for very long because I feel too hungry and end up binging! I joined slimming world on new years eve, a few months ago, feeling really fed up with my self. I've lost ten pound in 9 weeks which isn't as fast I'd hoped but I'm more determined than in the past. The difference this time for me is that I stay to the group meetings and have got to know people rather than being anonymous. I had a dodgy couple of weeks where I didn't lose anything and they were really supportive, giving me lots of tips on things to have in the fridge to snack on etc. My advice would be to join a smaller group, one in the day time if you can make it. You get to know the group better and it becomes more like a support network. I've also bought and actually followed the recipe books this time. There's some lovely curry recipes if you want an alternative to a takeaway. I never feel hungry on this diet but have accepted it's not going to fall off over night and I need to be organised and keep chipping away at it! Best of luck! You can do it if I can!

Slimming World

“Joined SW 4 weeks ago and have so far lost 18lbs, been...”

Written on: 15/02/2011

Joined SW 4 weeks ago and have so far lost 18lbs, been slimmer of the week once and gained two shiny star stickers to reward my hard work!
If I'm honest you need a PhD to understand the diet - have read and re-read the book and still confused about coloured days and A's and B's. However must be doing something right as it's working!
Would recommend this to anyone and also really encourage you to stay on for the class as its so positive and motivating… Read Full Review

Bootsie35's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2011

I found this review very helpful because...I also have read and re-read the book. I don't consider myself to be thick but I do find it quite confusing.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2011

A few months on and I'm now heading for my sixth stone! I still don't fully understand the diet and I'm relieved I'm not the only one given the comments :) I'd recommend SW to anyone - my class is so supportive and I must be doing something right to keep losing week in and week out.

Bootsie35's Comment

Written on: 05/04/2011

Joined SW last week and must have read the book a hundred times and still find it confusing. I am not considered to be of below average intelligence so I must be missing something. Will find out tomorrow if I have lost any weight and will then know if I have understood Extra Easy diet correctly!

Slimming World

“Been with SLIMMING WORLD for just over 6 months now...”

Written on: 02/02/2011 by katmac (3 reviews written)

Been with SLIMMING WORLD for just over 6 months now and in that time have lost a much needed two stone. Weight loss has been progressive, sometimes speedy, sometimes far too slow for my liking, but generally it is going in the right direction, which is Down. Yeye. Some of my colleagues at the same club have lost far more than I have, but suffering from Graves Disease and lack of Vitamin D - did you know it increases weight gain? Betcha didn't, plus aching joints, however another story - I am… Read Full Review

Angela2711's Response to katmac's Review

Written on: 03/03/2011

I found this review very helpful because I am thinking of joining Slimming World and this review is full of positives and information...

Slimming World

“I lost 2 stone 2 years ago and some of it has...”

Written on: 14/01/2011

I lost 2 stone 2 years ago and some of it has gradually crept back on but only because I stopped going to the my group and sticking to the plan. I'm now having to lose 101bs, but cheerily, because I know it will work and that I will thoroughly enjoy the food. Also, I think that eating so much fruit and veg gives you lots of energy, so makes the whole process easier and makes you feel more in control. I never thought I would do a diet plan, but I think it's great. Very very supportive too. No… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“Pros: Healthy way to lose weight, can save syns for...”

Written on: 05/11/2010

Pros: Healthy way to lose weight, can save syns for special ocassions or weekend if you want to, can eat normal food you can buy from supermarket so can be cheap, can fill yourself up on free foods, does work if stuck to.
Cons: Can get boring if you don't have the time/money to make up more imagitive meals.

Slimming World

“i have only just started slimming world lost 2lb ...”

Written on: 20/09/2010

i have only just started slimming world lost 2lb first week dont feel hungry and eating loads , hope 2nd week will have some weight loss as well . love the scrambled egg and mushrooms before work and love pasta salad with either ham , tuna, crab meat. loads of yoghurts and fruit through the day, i have been making the slimming world chilli for ages too . som times strugle with having tea as not hungry

fingers crossed

any ideas for me ?… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“Diet plans are good, not because they tell you how to...”

Written on: 23/03/2010

Diet plans are good, not because they tell you how to eat healthy, but because they play to our behavioural games.
I like Slimming World because it appeals to my tendency (and need) to ignore portion control. You only need to measure certain kinds of foods (dairy, breads) and 'count' fatty foods (syns). Other foods such as fruits, veg, pasta, lean meats - you can have all you want. I find the diet easier than others because of that. I don't feel deprived. I like the meetings for… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“I lost around 3stone on the Atkins diet several years...”

Written on: 03/03/2010 by 16goingon18 (1 review written)

I lost around 3stone on the Atkins diet several years ago, so wanted to try a healthier diet. The weight loss with Slimming World isn't so dramatic, but it does work if you stick to it. I find I can only lose weight on the Red days, (I PILE it on on the Green days), so obviously the protein rich diet suits me.
I have recently started it again, I read reviews about the Extra Easy, and wasn't impressed, so sticking to the tried and trusted old way.
I didn't really get on with the classes… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“I joined in Sept 09 (so I am fairly new to this). Its...”

Written on: 09/10/2009

I joined in Sept 09 (so I am fairly new to this). Its just an amazing diet. I lost 5lbs first week, 1.5 second week and 4.5 third week. This week (star week) I maintained. Its easy. Its plenty of food. There's lots of support.You NEVER go hungry and its VERY VERY healthy.I am convinced it will change my life permanently… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“Slimming World is a realistic way of eating. From...”

Written on: 31/07/2009

Slimming World is a realistic way of eating. From other diets that require calorie/ point counting, I always felt deprived and end up bingeing because I was so hungry. With this program I have never felt hungry and I do lose weight. I eat a lot more vegetables, fruits and whole grains and have virtually cut fat out without much effort as it provides an easy to stick to structure - overall I feel like I have more energy and my complexion is glowing. The support network from the group makes me… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“My start weight was 19st.8 lbs- and was introduced to...”

Written on: 05/07/2009 by rjx (1 review written)

My start weight was 19st.8 lbs- and was introduced to the Extra Easy plan. I have lost 1st 12 lbs (I even lost 1 lb when on a 2 week holiday, when I didn't particularly follow the plan) .

I've been overweight since childhood and have been around the 18st/20st mark for about 10 years .

I've got a "big birthday "next year and am determined to lose at least 5st… Read Full Review