Slimming World Reviews

Summary

Slimming World offers weight control help and support to millions of people every year with their classes, magazines and recipes. Their online site has grown over the last few years, although it's still the traditional classes that are helping people get to their target weights.
Slimming World - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Slimming World

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Worst eating plan ever”

Written on: 01/04/2014 by DanielleSimmons1951 (1 review written)

I tried Slimming World and could not believe the size of the Leader. She was extremely abuse. Now we all go to slimming clubs to lose weight and are a bit on the large size ourselves. However this women who stood at the front of the group was so overweight and has been running Slimming World groups for 18 years. Alarm bells should have rang. Long story short I wasted my money and did not feel healthy with the plan. I have lost 2 stone through healthy eating and exercise which has taken ages… Read Full Review

Rosie134's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2014

So you blame the plan for an awful consultant? I have lost over 3 stone with Slimming World, haven't been on the plan for half a year because I wanted a break, and have kept it off. My consultant is rubbish and that's why I am rejoining to a different group as I still have more to lose. What does an overweight consultant have to do with the plan? Obviously she stopped following it and put the weight back on, she should be reported to headquarters.

Slimming World

“What works for some doesnt always work for every one”

Written on: 25/01/2014 by karen0402 (1 review written)

I'd tried Slimming World in the past without much sucess but encourged by 3 workmates who had all lost several stones on this diet i decided to give it another go. There are 3 diets to choose from - Red, Green and Extra Easy (which is coloured orange in the book) The consultants push for you to do the Extra Easy plan. Lean meat, fruit and veg are free food, breads and cearals classed as healthy extra's and other things such as mayo, sauces are given a Syn value. Everything has to be cooked… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“Still waiting for it to work”

Written on: 13/11/2013 by rottanwart (1 review written)

After reading reviews, i tried it and still waiting to see the results...does it really work?????????… Read Full Review

“Staff are prats”

Written on: 24/07/2013 by Doobie124 (1 review written)

Well first we we were Told do body magic to see bigger loss.. Now we don't need to as we'll only lose about 4oz's a wk, Also consultant goes on about slimming world is Not about making money!! So why if I miss wk do I get back fees and have to pay double, apparently we pay for the therapy. The consultants are only bothered when people don't turn up cos they won't get paid as much.. Must think we were born yesterday! She doesn't really do a lot anyway.. She signs up new members, talks to the… Read Full Review

Souxi's Response to Doobie124's Review

Written on: 27/07/2013

I never had a phone call or text or email during my time there for any support. You are right, they do have their little favourites don't they. If you aren't one of the *clique* forget it.

“RUBBISH”

Written on: 22/07/2013

I joined Slimming World because it seemed too good to be true. You could eat all this food and still lose weight. I stuck to it 200%. I filled in my food diary on-line with free food like your supposed too and showed my consultant. I did everything right. I lost NOTHING in 4 weeks. Not a thing. I'd been to my doctor and got weighed and according to their scales I'd lost weight, but on SW scales they said I hadn't. You can't question the scales because they are always right apparently. Never… Read Full Review

Savanna1991's Comment

Written on: 05/03/2014

Hear hear - I only attended 6 of the 12 weeks I paid for - never again.

Slimming World

“Marjorie Dawes has nothing on him”

Written on: 18/07/2013

Unbeknown to me,my slimming world consultant failed to enter my target weight on his computer. When I reached my target weight of 10 stones 7 pounds, I missed a week and when I returned on Monday, the computer asked me for £9.90.I explained to the lady on the computer that I had reached my target weight and she sent me on my way to be weighed and said she would sort it out with the consultant. This evening, the consultant rang me at home and I can only say I was flabbergasted by his attitude… Read Full Review

Adversary's Comment

Written on: 18/08/2013

You can always try Weightwatchers

Rosethescose's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2013

Congratulations on losing the weight! You do not need them, just carry on with what you are doing so you do not lose any more pounds from your pocket!

Mjd250572's Comment

Written on: 25/10/2013

Name and shame the consultant and their area - as there are some great ones - and some really awful ones - this one deserves closing down as their success is only down to goodwill and commitment from their clients.

Trebledouble's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2013

Console yourself with a KFC bargain bucket!

Kardeb's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2013

You should complain directly to slimming world hq! They would not appreciate consultants acting in this way

Aquascorp's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2013

I'm sure they wouldn't. You'll always find somebody who doesn't take responsibilty for his own oversight.
However, the thing is, Slimming World system works! My wife goes along, steps out and comes back, e.g. after Xmas, and I lose weight as well! Without any deprivation or feeling I'm / we are on a diet...
There are usually a number of groups around, so I'd look up another one nearby, and try them out.

“false gill”

Written on: 18/03/2013

i have been to the wilwood group in stafford for many yrs, it is very clicky and gill is very pally with some people,and blanks others but also very rude if your asking a question and the so called part of the clicky bunch arrive she totally ignores answering your question. i dont no how gill keeps her group going its the group that take over. i do believe it has been taken over now so to you and you know who you are(HELPERS) drop the click and involve all members. tubs… Read Full Review

“Refused membership”

Written on: 28/08/2012

Waited a week to sign up at Colliers Wood class., sa the time 6pm but never been a slimming world member before but a weight watcher member thought it would be ok to pop along just after 6pm. Greeted by a lady who asked can I hlep you I replied I would like to oin she repiled I am late it starts at 6pm it was now 6.15pm, after apologising the lasy giving a talk to a I believe a new member also replied your late. I asked if I coulds join and was told no come back next week, but I really wanted… Read Full Review

“Slimming World online”

Written on: 04/08/2012

After having lapsed as a group member thought I would sign up to do Slimming World online. How difficult can it be? Very difficult apparently, system states I can't use my email address as I was a member previously with that email address. Sick of emailing Slimming World and getting no reply - their customer service stinks… Read Full Review

Bec123's Comment

Written on: 24/10/2012

Hi there,

I'm so sorry you've had a bad experience, and not heard back from us either. I can see that it was a while ago that you posted, however if you'd like to get in touch with us we'll do our very best to get you started online, and make sure you can use your original e-mail address.

Please get in touch via: http://www.slimmingworld.com/about-us/contact.aspx and select website registration and that will come straight to my team.

Best wishes,

Rebecca Robinson
Website & Design Manager

Slimming World

“Liphook Slimming World Consultant condones bullying on Fb”

Written on: 29/06/2012

The new Liphook Slimming World Consultant, Zoe Hepper, decided to "like" a comment on a generic website which was degrading someone and their weight - how is this a good image for Slimming World, when they are supposed to be promoting self confidence, inner strength, people coming together feeling Slimming World is a safe place for them to try to control their weight… Read Full Review

“Lynn”

Written on: 05/04/2012

Not good when children of adults taking classes watching scales and laughing really unprofessional Would not go again until this stops good diet bad set up… Read Full Review

“Rip-Off”

Written on: 24/12/2011

I was told incorrect information by the Consultant at my session and was lied to as well. She made more than one mistake with my card and target weight, resulting in my continuing payments. When I complained to Head Office, they weren't interested. They even tried to say it was my misunderstanding when the consultant had very clearly told me that what she was telling me were the rules. She even half way admitted this, then saying she couldn't remember anymore!! How convenient. I really… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“no support or motivation offered by the leader”

Written on: 20/10/2011 by pshah80 (1 review written)

so i joined slimming 2 weeks ago, i had really geared myself up for losing this baby weight, and was totally ready, I arrived at the group was weighed and sat through the meeting the leader asked me and a few others to wait back so she could explain. she spent 5 mins explaining very little about how the plan works, i explained i was a veggie and she said " its the same but no meat and ean extra "a" and "b" choice. she said it was best for that i went away and read the book to understand… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to pshah80's Review

Written on: 18/11/2011

Try maybe visiting another group with a different group leader. I felt the group leader which I first went to very patronising and basically no idea what she was talking about half the time, the new group I go to is brilliant. The consultant is lovely. She is always there when you need her and provides the most amazing support. I couldn't have lost my baby weight without her!
PS- I'm also veggie :)

Bethieb's Response to pshah80's Review

Written on: 07/02/2013

I had a similar experience recently. The new members talk was appalling and at the next class the consultant was taking the money and couldn't even be bothered to look up from the laptop to say hello... just held out her hand for the card ! Fortunately, I have been a member in the past and know how the plan works so am losing weight. As to the atttitude of the consultant ? Well, I am looking to change to a different class. The plans are great and really easy to follow but a good or bad consultant can make a whole heap of difference.

Slimming World

“joined slimming world recently and have been on extra...”

Written on: 13/02/2011

joined slimming world recently and have been on extra easy plan sticking to it first week lost 1 lb and thereafter for next 2 weeks stayed the same the weigh in girl who was big said have you been excercising i felt i could bop her as she was no example to the class. i have 2 stones to lose and this diet does not seem to be ok for me… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“i have attempted slimming world several times but...”

Written on: 04/11/2010

i have attempted slimming world several times but found it very expensive having to buy the food, i also found trying to sin food that are not free impossible as the sins are different online and in directory by the time i have found the syn value i am that hungry i have eaten everything in sight, also the leader was not interested and seemed like she did not even want to be there, i have seen several people lose weight but also put it back on again within months, i wouldnt recommend this diet… Read Full Review

Bertie1889's Comment

Written on: 05/12/2010

What a load of old tosh!!!! I have eaten everything in sight before finding the SYN value, what a weak lame excuse for not having a backbone. It isn't easy to lose weight, or at least that is what I thought. Minus 37lbs in 8 weeks, but not just the Slimming World plan to thank for that, as have been exercising and had started before joining a class (about 2 weeks earlier). SW actually promote exercise, but they can't take credit for getting me started.
<br/>
<br/>Hopefully this very poor review won't stop overweight people with even the slightest amount of will power from getting started on what is an easy to follow and sensible plan of food optimising.

Slimming World

“My leader at Garforth, Leeds group was so obese it was...”

Written on: 24/08/2010

My leader at Garforth, Leeds group was so obese it was embarrassing and she admitted she did not follow the slimming world plan anymore.

Being able to eat as much of a certain food is not helpful as that is why I put on weight in the first place.

I stuck at SW for one month and lost 1/2 pound. I saw the leader in Greggs buying sausage rolls for herself and quit. I have since joined weight watchers and lost one stone in six months.

Slimming World

“Well I've been trying the slimming world diet, it's my...”

Written on: 09/07/2010 by Kay90 (1 review written)

Well I've been trying the slimming world diet, it's my fourth week and all I've lost is 1.5lbs! So this isn't really working for me. Can anyone tell me why?… Read Full Review

Bertie1889's Response to Kay90's Review

Written on: 05/12/2010

4 weeks is a small period of time to judge the plan on, and you have made some progress. How much might you have normally put on over that period? probably about a pound.
<br/>
<br/>I think the plan is great, I am a guy, and do loads of my own cooking.
<br/>
<br/>Feel Slimming World helps promote the eating of 5 a day, and also exercise and they are two key components in losing weight in a healthy manner. I want/need to lose 100lbs and have lost 37lbs (just over 2 and a half stones), and very proud of how far I have come. This is a great plan (food optimising, extra easy)
<br/>
<br/>Come on guys and gals, stop harming yourself and embrace something that is easy, and how I wished I had done this years ago.

Slimming World

“Paid to join online - literally money for nothing. No...”

Written on: 30/05/2010

Paid to join online - literally money for nothing. No idea what I am supposed to be doing - very diy and expensive. Standard emails churned out no help section. May be ok if you go to the meetings and understand what is supposed to be happening but not online… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“I wouldn't recommend it because my instuctor didnt...”

Written on: 28/01/2010

I wouldn't recommend it because my instuctor didnt even know my name and the diet dient work… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“I am trying to lose the 4 stone I put on whilst I was...”

Written on: 22/11/2009

I am trying to lose the 4 stone I put on whilst I was studying for my doctors degree (now finished). I was skinny when I stated but now have back ache because of weight gain. I have tried the green diet several times now and I always put on weight; 4.5 lbs this time in just five days. People say I must be doing something wrong but I joined the internet service to make sure that I am not (it calculates your food for you). Zero sins and still putting on weight. I ran 3 miles yesterday and found… Read Full Review

Aslimmerfatty's Comment

Written on: 23/02/2010

I found this review not helpful because... i am on a lot of medication for Servere Epilepsi, Servere Asthma, New Hips, High Blood Pressure, are some of my problems. I was almost 22st but i went on slimming word free diet for a year, but i car'nt exercise because of my hips & i have to walk with an elbow cruch, i joined slimming world club, i was 20st 5ib i am now 18st, in a year after i joined. So i am delighted,over the moon with my loss it is a long hard slog but i know that one day i will get there. The complements are the iceing because you know your looking & feeling great (hell of a lot better than i was) especialy when you have to take in your undies before they slide on the floor. A slimmer fatty. Good luck. I have only ever lost weight with slimming magazine club, & ive tried them all, i've been dieting most of my life, there comes a day & you know it time to do something, get help. I was allowed 15 SYNS a day. Slimming World are the BEST, Good Luck!