Slimming World Reviews

Summary

Slimming World offers weight control help and support to millions of people every year with their classes, magazines and recipes. Their online site has grown over the last few years, although it's still the traditional classes that are helping people get to their target weights.
Slimming World - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Slimming World

“Great eating plan”

Written on: 17/08/2014 by 134Hamilton (1 review written)

I have been a member of Slimming World for 8 weeks and have lost 12lbs. I find the food plan easy to follow with lots of flexibility. I enjoy cooking and there are lots of great recipes on-line and in the magazines. Eating free food snacks, e.g. banana, 0% yogurt, between meals means I am never hungry. It's a food strategy for life rather than a "diet" so teaches your body to enjoy a healthy and balanced way of eating. My group and its leader are all very friendly and supportive… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“Pay to weigh and listen to other people talk on and on...”

Written on: 11/07/2014

After my third and last attempt to get into the swing of Slimming World I decided that these groups are only as good as the consultants running them and I was not willing to spend any more money trying to find a group that worked for me. It is okay for the critics of those who dare to complain about SW to come on here and say 'just try another group' but each time you do it costs you more money, probably more miles in petrol and you have to beat that 'back to square one' feeling you get each… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“Don't think you cn lose weight? Yes you can for sure!!”

Written on: 23/04/2014 by Conradcv81 (1 review written)

I joined Slimming World just over a year ago and collected my 6st loss award. I'm amazed! Battled with my weight for many many years, the gains started with an undiagnosed under active thyroid, even on medication I struggled to lose weight, always lost some then gained back with extra. I had a leaflet for Slimming World come through my door and thought why not? Best decision I ever made. Don't be embarrassed to go on your own, I went alone. Everyone in group is in the same position as you… Read Full Review

“It works”

Written on: 18/04/2014 by Gaugex194 (1 review written)

Following the plan, and that means completely sticking to it works, full stop. Its the only diet I've stuck to and lost weight. However, the problem is sticking to it. The first few weeks you I lost on average a pound a week, I have about a stone to lose. I felt amazing, but then you get complacent and it gets boring and then you lose interest. The group is also a waste of time, in my opinion its just a social club for a load of retired women. I just go get weighed and then I'm off but if you… Read Full Review

“Worst eating plan ever”

Written on: 01/04/2014 by DanielleSimmons1951 (1 review written)

I tried Slimming World and could not believe the size of the Leader. She was extremely abuse. Now we all go to slimming clubs to lose weight and are a bit on the large size ourselves. However this women who stood at the front of the group was so overweight and has been running Slimming World groups for 18 years. Alarm bells should have rang. Long story short I wasted my money and did not feel healthy with the plan. I have lost 2 stone through healthy eating and exercise which has taken ages… Read Full Review

Rosie134's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2014

So you blame the plan for an awful consultant? I have lost over 3 stone with Slimming World, haven't been on the plan for half a year because I wanted a break, and have kept it off. My consultant is rubbish and that's why I am rejoining to a different group as I still have more to lose. What does an overweight consultant have to do with the plan? Obviously she stopped following it and put the weight back on, she should be reported to headquarters.

Slimming World

“Patronising, humiliating and embarrassing”

Written on: 05/03/2014 by Savanna1991 (1 review written)

I joined SW for the second time just after Christmas, having lost almost 5 stone following the plan several years ago so I know it works. Maybe it is the consultant at my group, but I felt patronised, humiliated and embarrassed every time I attended. In the end, despite having paid for 12 weeks, I only actually attended 6 sessions as I couldn't put myself through this awful experience anymore. I have however, followed the diet myself at home and have now lost my first stone. To be honest I… Read Full Review

Rosie134's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2014

You should report them to Slimming World Headquarters. They re-train consultants who aren't doing their job properly. My consultant is like this, that's why I have moved to a new group.

Slimming World

“What works for some doesnt always work for every one”

Written on: 25/01/2014 by karen0402 (1 review written)

I'd tried Slimming World in the past without much sucess but encourged by 3 workmates who had all lost several stones on this diet i decided to give it another go. There are 3 diets to choose from - Red, Green and Extra Easy (which is coloured orange in the book) The consultants push for you to do the Extra Easy plan. Lean meat, fruit and veg are free food, breads and cearals classed as healthy extra's and other things such as mayo, sauces are given a Syn value. Everything has to be cooked… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“Great for food optomising, not so good in group”

Written on: 18/01/2014 by fireboxchaser (5 reviews written)

I finally got fed up with my weight before Christmas and decided to visit my GP to ask if she would recommend mw for some Slimminh World vouchers for 12 weeks of free slimming. I started goingas soon as I received them despite it being just before xmas. No time like the present! I lost 1/2 stone by Christmas and got my award which i was quite chuffed about. Then the rot started to set in which was not my fayult. Apparently the next 2 weeks I put on despite following the plan to theletter. The… Read Full Review

Gardener21's Response to fireboxchaser's Review

Written on: 30/03/2014

Well said, it's the same at the class I attend. Long queues to stand and get weighed. Again the consultant stands at the front of the class and reads out everyone's weight losses or gains and then ask either how they managed it or what did they do wrong to put on weight. She also then asks everyone what they want to lose for the next week and I feel she badgers people into saying they want to lose a lot more than they actually can. I think all classes are the same and the consultants just read from the book. A bit more empathy would be greatly appreciated I am sure.

Fireboxchaser's reply to Gardener21's Comment

Written on: 31/03/2014

They just dont seem to get it. Sitting there hearing others weight loss for that week and the polite clapping that follows does not motivate anyone. It seems that once they have your money that they just go through the motions and get the class over and done with asap so that they can pack up and go home. If I was a consultant, I would be planning each class to make sure there was something interesting to stay for each week and definitely something motivational!

Happysarah's reply to Fireboxchaser's Comment

Written on: 14/04/2014

you are spot on! I was a SW consultant for a year, you have a really tight script of what you have to do and say when running a group, it is all about getting people through the door. the diet does work if you stick to it and make every thing from scratch..., not so easy when you have a normal hectic family/work life.
I could never get my head around asking people how bad/good they have been when surrounded by many people they don't know, and expect them to give a really honest answer.
The down side to slimming world (I did loose 6 stone) is that it encourages you to eat lots and lots of healthy food, great when you stick to it, but when not on plan you are still in the habit of eating really big meals, so obviously its really easy to regain lots of weight really quickly!! (I have now put on 4 stone).
SW is one huge money making machine, as little as 25% go's to the consultant, and that's after paying out £1,500 to become one in the first place!!

Fireboxchaser's reply to Happysarah's Comment

Written on: 14/04/2014

Flipping heck. £1500 to become a consultant! I have found that to a lesser degree with the portions. I had 12 weeks slimming from my GP and lost a stone. I did try to continue on my own after that partly because i didn't like the attitude of the consultant and I was also unemployed, but once you lose the support online and cant look things up it becomes very difficult!

I have put a few pounds back on but am now just cutting my portion sizes and eating healthy, so hopefully with a bit of exercise i shall start seeing it come off again!

Slimming World

“far too crowded classes”

Written on: 15/01/2014

As a new years resolution, I was determined to go to Slimming World again, as I had done that before and it worked, provided you stick to the plan. The last group I went to had moved to a new venue further away, so I found a new, more local class near me. I had phoned the consultant and had a nice chat with her on the phone. However, when I got to the class, it was like a busy church service...there were people absolutely everywhere and at first I couldn't make out who the consultant was. Only… Read Full Review

Fireboxchaser's Comment

Written on: 18/01/2014

I agree with you on the overcrowded classes. Very demotivating especially when I have to drive 5 miles from home of an evening to go.

“Weight Loss success!!”

Written on: 21/11/2013 by Jillybloop333 (1 review written)

I have never been on this site before, and just happened to read a review from a disappointed Slimming World client. This diet has been so good for me, that I just wanted to share my experience. I've lost four to five stone at least five times in my life doing calorie controlled diets. The weight drops off - if you keep to the restricted calories. However, when target weight is achieved, to continue to weigh every single item before eating it so that the calories can be calculated, is… Read Full Review

Slimming World

“Still waiting for it to work”

Written on: 13/11/2013 by rottanwart (1 review written)

After reading reviews, i tried it and still waiting to see the results...does it really work?????????… Read Full Review

“question”

Written on: 11/11/2013

I know slimming world does work but does anybody know if it works as good with exercise too?… Read Full Review

Lukesmith's Comment

Written on: 20/11/2013

Great results for this

“great!”

Written on: 23/10/2013 by daviesjane (2 reviews written)

losing weight every week and still enjoying my food! brilliant!… Read Full Review

“Best decision ever!”

Written on: 03/09/2013 by Asherel (1 review written)

I have been a member now for 4 months and I have lost 44lbs so far!! For the first time in years I healthier. Both physically, and because of the easy to follow plan and tremendous support, mentally too. The group I attend are amazing . Each week we celebrate losses and if necessary, commiserate on a few gains. Mostly the gains are expected due to a slight fall off the plan but since the group opened at the end of April we have list more than 100 stones in weight! I know weight loss is a money… Read Full Review

“Almost a stone lost!”

Written on: 15/08/2013

I am now into my third month on the Slimming World plan and I have already lost almost a stone. I had tried Weight Watchers in the past but although similar, never really got on with it. Give Slimming World a try, it might just be the diet for you!… Read Full Review

Savanna1991's Comment

Written on: 05/03/2014

Its taken you 3 months to love a stone !!!!! Don't think this diet works very well.

Slimming World

“Before deciding against a fabulous lifestyle change....”

Written on: 13/08/2013 by BethBromley (1 review written)

Hello! My name is Beth, and I've been a slimming world member for almost three weeks. I've read a lot of reviews on this site, and have found that many of them are simply criticising Consultants, rather than dismissing the diet itself. Obviously, Slimming World must address issues with Consultants, but it is unfair to put people off a fabulous diet because of certain people. There are three reasons why this diet is wonderful. One. It teaches you where you've been going wrong. Before… Read Full Review

Moo1's Response to BethBromley's Review

Written on: 19/08/2013

I go to one in waterhead and I got told off in the group last week. Someone was setting mini target, they were going on holiday I gasped cause I thought it was alot that she had set but the holiday was for 2 weeks. I was then told off and felt so small I wanted to die. Others gasped and she never said owt to them. She also told me that I got most votes for woman of the year in my group and I got excited and someone else got it not me

“FAB!!!”

Written on: 07/08/2013

An amazing slimming healthy eating plan that you never feel hungry with You get to choose what you want to weigh and when you get there .. You can keep going for free woo hoo loads of unlimited free foods and a very Friendly atmosphere with loads of help and support I've lost 5 stone and feel so chuffed I have never been able to do this with any other diet… Read Full Review

“good”

Written on: 03/08/2013

thats a good experience however could be improved. thats a good experience however could be improved. thats a good experience however could be improved. thats a good experience however could be improved. thats a good experience however could be improved. … Read Full Review

“portion size matters!!!!”

Written on: 02/08/2013 by maise (1 review written)

I am so glad l have found this review page. I have been going to slimmers world on & off for nearly two years only to loose at the most 6lb each time and that is sticking to the programme religiously and exercising on a treadmill 24 mins & swimming every other day. When l weighed in the other day l had gained 3lb by following the extra easy programme and was asked 'what on earth have you been doing'? By the lady who records your weight. (Which is not her place to comment)! This was not said… Read Full Review

Souxi's Response to maise's Review

Written on: 28/08/2013

I agree with you 100%. I followed this plan to the LETTER. I printed off my food plan every day and showed it my consultant every week. No one could work out why I was putting weight ON. It works for some people, although how I don't know, but it didn't work for me. It was so demoralising. So now I'm with WeightWatchers. What a difference!! In my first week I lost six pounds!!! I lost NOTHING with SW, not an ounce. You are quite correct, you do still need to watch your portion sizes. However with SW your lead to believe you can eat as much as you want of *free foods*, and *pile your plate high* and you will lose weight!! Rubbish. I ate lots of ruit because most of it is super speedy, and then got told to cut down!! What the hell DO they want you do to? Never again, it's WW all the way for me from now on. Best thing ever.

Savanna1991's Response to maise's Review

Written on: 05/03/2014

I completely agree with you - I hate SW and will not be going back to the patronising and humiliation. I will continue to lose weight on my own.

“Staff are prats”

Written on: 24/07/2013 by Doobie124 (1 review written)

Well first we we were Told do body magic to see bigger loss.. Now we don't need to as we'll only lose about 4oz's a wk, Also consultant goes on about slimming world is Not about making money!! So why if I miss wk do I get back fees and have to pay double, apparently we pay for the therapy. The consultants are only bothered when people don't turn up cos they won't get paid as much.. Must think we were born yesterday! She doesn't really do a lot anyway.. She signs up new members, talks to the… Read Full Review

Souxi's Response to Doobie124's Review

Written on: 27/07/2013

I never had a phone call or text or email during my time there for any support. You are right, they do have their little favourites don't they. If you aren't one of the *clique* forget it.