Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs Reviews

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“Lacklustre exercise, indifferent instructor ”

Written on: 15/04/2013 by Furrpurr (1 review written)

I joined the Bexley class last yea with a friend, having piled on many, many stones and desperately needing to lose weight. We had a quick run through of the information and were told to go and watch the video. All ok to start off with. The diet itself was initially really hard following a couple of years of undisciplined eating but it does really make you think about portion sizes. After I while I found I was enjoying it and began to lose weight slowly but surely. There were several… Read Full Review

“Not Happy”

Written on: 27/08/2012 by beachlover (3 reviews written)

It seems to me too at classes they are just interested in your money. I went to a class quite a few times, the leader was not helpful when I asked questions about why I had not lost any weight, she just mumbled keep with it, there was a queue and she wanted to hurry and get the next person weighed. The talk lasted about 2 minutes before getting on with the class. My friend goes to Weight Watchers and said their talk is really motivational and you are asked individually how your week was. I… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“Easy diet, poor customer service left me feeling exploited”

Written on: 27/05/2012

Having successfully lost 6 stone with this diet, yes the diet is easy to follow, but really success is due to an individuals motivation to lose weight and the support offered by the instructor. My instructors have been great however this hasn't been typical of others within the company. Higher up in Rosemary Conley they are not overly bothered how much you lose, you are just another number and they have got complacent in their role. My overall experience is that the company exploits… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“The most weight I have ever lost and still losing!”

Written on: 05/04/2012 by PippaM (1 review written)

I joined Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness club in January 2012 with 4 and a half stone to lose. It's now early April and I have already lost 2 stone and am still losing. This has to be the best and most successful diet I have ever been on. I don't feel deprived, I look and feel so much better and have had to throw away all my old clothes and buy new ones - as well as dig out stuff I had thought I would never get into again. The diet is sensible - no gimmicks, just good sense with loads of… Read Full Review

Madi's Response to PippaM's Review

Written on: 03/05/2012

There are many other diets to follw that work, the only problem most people have is motivation and consistency therefore its not about the ROSEMARY cONLEY PROGRAMME that works its the individuals method. To encourage others to be in place to spend their money is not right when you can do it for free y sticking to healthy free diet plans and daily exercises.

Guest's Response to PippaM's Review

Written on: 30/06/2012

I agree, Madi. It is also about finding the one that is right for you. We are all individual and not everything is as easy for one person as the other. Maybe for some people, the right diet and being with others is a good investment. Weight is also about a number of psychological influences and reasons, not merely pulling your socks up :-) ,

“Untruthful Service”

Written on: 05/11/2011 by Madi (1 review written)

I have lost my money to a company that is getting away without a conscious, it's like daylight robbery in pure disguise, I feel coned and very upset. Rosemary Conley is as her namesake, a con star. I bought the facial flex and could not use it as it was uncomfortable and too big for my mouth. When I called for the return number, I was rudely informed, "How can you return something that you put in your mouth?" Well, why sell something without informing people that, it is ours for good, it is… Read Full Review

“Disgusting service”

Written on: 17/10/2011

My daughter and I joined for the 5 week offer @ £29.00 with free equipment (measuring cups and books etc). We got weighed, waited 5 or 10 minutes for the Zumba class to start (no dietary advice what-so-ever) was not very impressed with class, waited behind and were given our measuring cups and a copy of an old magazine each as she had no books etc. was very disappointed that we would not get off to a good start, however followed the diet as best I could in the circumstances and the 2nd week I… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“Rosemary Conley is the best slimming group I've ever...”

Written on: 03/10/2011 by 0121gucci (1 review written)

Ive been going to caroline Wiley group in kings norton Birmingham and from the moment I went there I've always feel welcome the support we get is second to none our instructor is brilliant and always willing to help. Not only have I lost 3 stone I've meet some great friends.please go and see for your self and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do Debbie… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“I joined the Rosemary Conley Slimming Club in...”

Written on: 24/01/2011 by tracy platt (1 review written)

I joined the Rosemary Conley Slimming Club in Salisbury, in September 2010. I went online to find my local classes,picked the one to suit me and then e mailed the lady who ran this class.The classes are friendly,easy to find,and the leader of my Monday
am class is Sam.I have been given
lots of help and support over the weeks,I have never missed a weigh in and find the diet suits me,low fat,portion controlled,easy to buy and cook and the all important exercise session and motivational chats… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“i go to a group in salisbury although im having to...”

Written on: 22/01/2011 by gilesy09 (1 review written)

i go to a group in salisbury although im having to take a break at the moment i fully intend on returning Suzanne is so supportive and makes the exercise class so fun that im actually missing it fantastic location time leader and class perfect for my individual need… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“Unlike other slimming clubs I have belonged to (where,...”

Written on: 22/01/2011

Unlike other slimming clubs I have belonged to (where, fair enough, I did lose a lot of weight), with Rosemary Conley classes you also get much more value for money with the fantastic exercise session included after the weigh-in. The instructors at the class I attend (Calmore, Hampshire), Suzanne Rawle and Sam Mouland Rawle are fantastic - enthusiastic - and expert at what they do and they cater for everyone by varying the routines from latin-dance based exercises (my personal fave)! to… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“You don't just weigh in, you get a 40 minute aerobic...”

Written on: 22/01/2011 by lyntats (1 review written)

You don't just weigh in, you get a 40 minute aerobic workout included. My instructor is fab and encourages me when I have a bad week. I joined at the end of may and I have lost 3 stone by December! Its not a restrictive diet and I am never hungry!… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“Was a member of Rosemary Conley club several years ago...”

Written on: 17/01/2011

Was a member of Rosemary Conley club several years ago and got on well....however, I recently joined a local club and am so far very disappointed. It took me 3 phone calls to the instructor before she bothered to call me back about joining. Then, the 1st night I was weighed...nothing was discussed...she just wrote my 'goal' on the card which was 1 stone to start with. Then a very very long wait while the huge numbers of others were weighed in. Then a pretty mundane, repetative aerobics class… Read Full Review

Mikerimmington's Comment

Written on: 20/01/2011

Please contact Mrs Angie Higgins at the Rosemary Conley Head office on 01509 622012 to discuss your complaint. We would like to know which class and Instructor you visited and to resolve you dissatisfaction with our clubs. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Regards.Mike Rimmington - Director of the Rosemary Conley Group Ltd.

Written on: 05/02/2011

I am the friend of the previous reviewer and ditto to all of it.Very dissapointed in the whole experience.The instructor is so rude and not at all supportive.I will not be returning.Pair play to Rosemary conely for refunding my friends money/

Written on: 02/02/2011

Hi again, I wrote the 'bad' review.on 17th Jan.I have Just been to the weekly class ( week 4 )Nothing seems to have changed. I stuck rigidly to the plan last week, and lost no weight at all. This week, no cheats again and have increased my daily exercise to 1 hour brisk walking/ running as I now do a dog walking job....lost half a pound ! So disappointed. The woman just wrote on the card, and wanted to carry on getting the next person weighed. I said to her that I was very dis-heartened again..she just said " well, have you done ANY exercise "..I said yes, that I walk a dog for a good hour every day, along a beach, in wellies, making the walk pretty tough in the sand !! she just said " well, like I told you last week, you feel better, so thats better than nothing, not everyone loses a lot every week, thats not how it works"..I agreed that its good to feel better, but that I was there to lose weight primarily....she gave me a terse " well its not all about numbers you know ...fine, shall I just tear up your card and not bother to weigh you then " !! she actually snatched the card out of my hand and pretended to tear it !! I said to her " so how come all your advertising says if you stick to the plan, you can lose a stone in a month"...I got no reply to that ! I was quite frankly disgusted by her attitude..The whole idea seems to just be get as many people in as you can squeeze into a school hall, get the money, and offer little or no encouragement.
<br/>I understood also ( through reading the bumph myself ) that after the initial 2 weeks on 1200 cals, that we can go up to 1400 cals ?? She hasnt even mentioned that to me. There has been no discussion, no ' well lets perhaps go over what your eating and see if somethings going wrong ' Nothing..In fact, there in no motivation or encouragement at all. I dont expect long drawn out personal chats every week, but there is absolutely no time to discuss any problems we may be experiencing. While our exercise is finishing, the next class are coming in to start theirs...its all rush rush rush. My friend that joined at the same time feels the same as me. The teacher is just not helpful or motivating in the slightest. We have both decided that next week will no doubt be our last, as we have already paid 5 weeks in advance, we may aswell use it up ! We have friends who have joined Slimming World at the same time as us...they have all lost double the weight that we have. Based on this experience, I would not recommend Rosemary Conleys Diet club to anyone. I have seen that a comment was posted asking me to ring their head office...I will be doing that tomorrow.

Souxi's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2013

OMG that's terrible!!! When you watch the videos on RC tv about joining a class, you get told ALL the instructors are very carefully selected as being caring people, well clearly this isn't the case with your one is it!! Disgusting attitude. It would be interesting to know the outcome of your complaint and if anything was done.

Written on: 03/08/2013

Hi Souxi, that was about 18 months ago - and I didn't go back. Just stuck to my own 'diet' and did OK. I did make a proper complaint - and got a full refund - so can't complain about Head Office. But the woman running the class really was horrible. I know some other people have since tried that particular class and commented to me about her bad attitude. ! Not like the promo video's on the site at all ! Anyway - do it on my own at home now and seeing results.

Written on: 22/01/2011

It is a real shame that your experience of the Rosemary Conley Diet & Fitness Clubs was not satisfactory. Unfortunately, this time of year the classes do become quite hectic, and I am sure that if you approach your instructor with your concerns she will do her best to reconcile the matter. Why not give her a call or send an email. Perhaps you will gain a different view of the class next time. I do hope your first week on the plan has been successful x

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“Fantastic results lost 7lbs in my first week and went...”

Written on: 03/01/2011

Fantastic results lost 7lbs in my first week and went on to lose over a stone in my first month, instructor really friendly and motivating and loved the exercise great value for money as got a slimming class and a workout in one!… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“I can honesly say that I have never felt so hungry in...”

Written on: 12/09/2010

I can honesly say that I have never felt so hungry in my life and the hunger pangs from following a 1200 calorie diet for 2 weeks were unbearable!
I only lost 2lb in my first week and was made to feel so bad that it hadn't been more and then got moaned at for having an apple as a snack because I was starving, as it wasn't in the programme! The diet is explained to you in a rushed 5 mins at the end of the aerobics class, and as for the aerobics, well the instructor wasn't making sure that we… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/01/2011

Most people (females) find the number of calories absolutely fine and there is nothing wrong about including an extra piece of fruit if you are really feeling fammished! The main things to remember are 3 regular meals a day, 2 power snacks (which can be fruit if you wish), plenty of filling vegetables and cereals, and drink plenty of water. The change to eating healthy, portion-controlled, low fat foods can be quite a shock to the system for some people who have not been watching their diet for some time.

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“I have been going to my local class for nearly 3 years...”

Written on: 27/08/2010 by Julie Evans (1 review written)

I have been going to my local class for nearly 3 years and have been successful in losing four and a half stone, but am really struggling to lose the last half a stone to reach my goal weight. I have found that although my instructor is lovely on numerous occasions she promised to speak to people at head office about what could be the reason that although still doing loads of exercise and eating correctly I cannot lose the last half stone, as yet nearly 6 months later she still hasnt got back… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“Ive been doing the Rosmary Conley Programme for just...”

Written on: 17/08/2010

Ive been doing the Rosmary Conley Programme for just over two weeks and although the dieting is straight forward, I find the teacher to be quite patronising and I somtimes go home feeling quite belittled.

Written on: 22/01/2011

The best thing to do would be to let your instructor know how you feel as I am sure she is unaware that she is making you feel like this. The Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness classes are second to none with a formula that really works - healthy low fat diet & exercise! Good luck x

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“I have spent nearly all my life on a diet, and tried...”

Written on: 17/11/2009 by penny1234567 (1 review written)

I have spent nearly all my life on a diet, and tried them all! I think the Rosemary Conley approach is, quite frankly, the most sensible plan to follow. The reason the majority of people are over weight is because, like me, they eat and drink too much and do not do enough exercise! The diet is a straight forward, no gimmicks, no black and pink day today, no number of merits to count this day and normal food is what is advised. When it comes to value for money, no other club I have ever… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“I've been attending a Rosemary Conley class for the...”

Written on: 08/10/2009

I've been attending a Rosemary Conley class for the last 11 weeks and have lost 2 stone. My leader is great and a true inspiration after losing 10stone herself and being Slimmer of the year 2009. The other members are so friendly and I find it a joy to excercise with them. I have tried so many times and joined very many weight loss clubs before, having a weight problem all of my life. The true fact of the matter is that I was eating too much and not doing any excercise. I have settled… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“I have been amazed by the ease with which I have...”

Written on: 23/05/2009 by bethanada (1 review written)

I have been amazed by the ease with which I have settled into the Rosemary Conley slimming and exercise regime. lovely tasty recipes, lots of support and help available. Great supportive and motivated tutors. And I have lost weight already in the first week… Read Full Review

Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

“The Rosemary Conley Slimming Club class size was too...”

Written on: 15/04/2009

The Rosemary Conley Slimming Club class size was too big so not enough room to do proper exercise. There were two classes both very big classes which ran consecutively and I ended up leaving early and I missed the "inspirational talk". Diet recommendations and exercise programme lovely.
Took a while to work out what I wanted and needed to take from the whole programme but after 8 weeks I finally worked it out. I'm still following the food and meal recommendations and am trying to increase… Read Full Review