123-Reg - www.123-reg.co.uk Reviews

Summary

Note from Review Centre: In September 2010, 123-Reg was bought out by Montagu Private Equity.
123-Reg - www.123-reg.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for 123-Reg - www.123-reg.co.uk

123-Reg - www.123-reg.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“DONT make me a website”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by Arturov442 (1 review written)

A couple of months ago I purchased 123-reg site builder which I was very happy with, then I get a phone call from craig something asking if everything is ok and trying to sell me a new product called make me a website. I told him straight away I wasn't interested in having some make a site for me but he carried on saying he could drop the price and take off fees other people have to pay. In the end I put the phone down on him because he wouldn't shut up, I felt like the whole thing was very… Read Full Review

Amrita123's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2014

Dear sir/madam,

My name is Amrita and I am a representative here at 123-Reg.

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience and I assure you that we don't condone these practices.

Please may we obtain your ticket number/domain name so we can investigate this further for you.

Regards,

Amrita

“Appalled at service and false promises”

Written on: 07/08/2014 by AshantiWright1972 (1 review written)

I began with a shared hosting package at 123-reg and was appalled at the speeds. With a content-less site, it was taking so long to load that I was timing out. This was not an issue specific to me and was happening for all users and for all shared hosting customers. I lost lots of customers as a result and discovered this was because overstuffed servers. Nevertheless, the customer service was good so I stuck with them. I was told the VPS servers would be quicker and when I mentioned I had no… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/08/2014

Good Afternoon, my name is Daniel and I work here at 123-Reg.

I Have come across your post and would like to investigate into this.

I would like to help look into this further for you, if you could comment details such as your Username or ticket number. I will look into this further for you.

“Unnecessary & Aggressive”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by ttRice315 (1 review written)

Been with 123-reg some years. I have domains and associated email accounts with them. I received a most aggressive email this morning telling me that I must IMMEDIATELY change my password as it was insecure and that if I didn't comply my account would be closed in 14 days time. I duly contacted 123-reg, only to be told it was a genuine email and that my password was insecure and needs to meet the requirements set out in the email. And that it is to my "benefit" that I comply or have my account… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/08/2014

Good Afternoon, my name is Daniel and I work here at 123-Reg.

Daniel

“Technical problems ! Sites down ! Please call back later !”

Written on: 17/07/2014

Today is 17th July 2014 and 123-Reg are in an awful mess. 1) Sites are down 2) Cannot get through by phone, I did manage it once this morning and the young guy just said sorry we have technical problems please call back thsi afternoon 3) Cannot get anyone on their web chat 4) After writing on the web chat and requesting an email transcript I received one that was blank … Read Full Review

I Have come across your post and would like to investigate into this.

I would like to help look into this further for you, if you could send me across details such as your Domain/Username to us, I will look into this further for you.

Sjk892060's Comment

Good morning,

According to 123-Reg Technical Support there are two [name removed] at 123-Reg but he was not prepared to put me through to either as 123-Reg would "never communicate with a customer via Review Centre".

So I guess you don't exist.

Written on: 23/07/2014

I do apologise for your experience so far. If you could please comment with your username or a ticket ID I will look into this further.

“ AVOID AT ALL COSTS ”

Written on: 17/07/2014 by Elliec1993 (1 review written)

Avoid at all costs! Dated website, rubbish support and terrible hosting! I signed up for a year and cannot wait for it to expire!… Read Full Review

Daniel

“SQL Database crashed after a few months use”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by Terry418 (1 review written)

My SQL Database has crashed and so has my site, due to the Transaction Log file hitting the limit imposed by 123-reg. I've been trying to use support and Chat for 3 days now, but site still down. Surely they've seen this before? Online help - no help at all. Don't trust your business with them. … Read Full Review

Written on: 04/07/2014

Daniel

“Absolutely no advanced features and a crashy web server.”

Written on: 25/06/2014

123-REG is a good site for anyone to create a basic website... That's about it. For most people, that's all they need, but if you require to make custom PHP scripts and custom DNS records, then you're absolutely screwed. I've had to contact the customer support 5-6 times now, ranging from server down time, to DNS problems and PHP errors. I invited a friend onto the site... It crashed. I tried to write some custom PHP for the site, as a contact form... Can't do that. I tried to make some… Read Full Review

Visit 123-reg.co.uk

“Awful. Their renewal systems are not reliable”

Written on: 11/06/2014 by Guthriefd170 (1 review written)

Their systems simply do not work reliably. I host many 100s of domains with them and they cannot be trusted to renew them. YES, they will bill you and claim the domain is renewed, the next thing you are aware of is the higher level registry is contacting you direct to tell you your domain has expired and you have to follow a crazy system to get it back. This has now happened 4 times, over a period of time. They say that it's up to the consumer to check manually that each domain renewal has… Read Full Review

“Avoid”

Written on: 03/06/2014 by lnDunlap1958 (1 review written)

I was charged for a domain I had on back order that I no longer wanted, they charged me without even informing me, took the payment then send an invoice, and refused to refund. What happened to 'the customer is always right' I thought companies especially good ones would always give the customer the benefit of the doubt in these situations and reward loyalty, not so in this case. I've withdrawn all business from them and would say stay away… Read Full Review

Visit 123-reg.co.uk

“Avoid them like the plague”

Written on: 07/05/2014 by Kasenp356 (1 review written)

They charged me £59.99 for a domain that I no longer wanted. It was on back-order but they didn't bother contacting me prior to charging me for it, now they refuse to give me my money back. I therefore started to remove all my domains from them and now they have locked my account and refuse to speak to me. They will be hearing from my lawyer in due course. The prices are VERY VERY cheap but now I understand why as they charge you if you want to leave them!!! Avoid them like the plaque… Read Full Review

Visit 123-reg.co.uk

“Absolutely Terrible, Avoid at All Costs! ”

Written on: 07/05/2014 by DAV12129206 (1 review written)

I have been with 123-Reg for about 5 years now, but over the last year or so i have had a terrible experience with them. The hosting is shocking e.g. site is slow and there are issues very frequently! As well as this the customer support members are rude and unhelpful! AVOID 123-REG… Read Full Review

Visit 123-reg.co.uk

“recurring billing stays on deleted domains”

Written on: 15/04/2014 by jasnw (8 reviews written)

I used to think 123-reg was ok until recently when they charged me for a service on a domain THAT I DON'T OWN! I flagged this on 123-support and RECEIVED NO RESPONSE So after 3 working days of no response I flagged it with Paypal. My money was refunded. Then 123-reg suspended my account, forcing me to pay a £12.50 PUNITIVE CHARGE PLUS THE AMOUNT FOR THE SERVICE FOR A DOMAIN THAT I DO NOT OWN to get my account back… Read Full Review

Visit 123-reg.co.uk

“Absolute scumbags! Do not use!”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by urAnderson245 (1 review written)

Bought one of their packages with "unlimited" disk space. Very soon our web site started crashing with errors saying we'd run out of disk space. Complained to customer services but they told us that "obviously the package isn't unlimited" and that they would delete our site if we contined using anymore disk space. Put in a written complaint to their head office who replied by email to say "unlimited disk space" is just a marketing term and that they were not liable, due to clauses in their… Read Full Review

Visit 123-reg.co.uk

“Cannot even get simple domain transfers done”

Written on: 05/03/2014 by Cason230 (1 review written)

I am simply transferring x2 domains from fasthosts over to 123 reg. It has been a total mess from start to finish. The .co.uk took nearly 3 days to transfer and had to be added to my account manually as it had got "stuck in the system". The .com is still not transferred and has been over a week now. I have sent multiple support tickets and had multiple live chat sessions and with no success. How hard can it be to transfer a couple of domains? I would not recommend 123reg, if your business… Read Full Review

Visit 123-reg.co.uk

“If you run a business pay for a service that works”

Written on: 25/01/2014 by TermovAccs (1 review written)

We have been on 123-reg for a couple of years and honestly, it's been the most unreliable service ever. Emails go down, servers go down and when it happens all you can do is open a ticket online - if it happens on the weekend - you are in serious trouble. We just had a full week of poor email service - seriously, every single day we either weren't able to send to receive emails. Also, 123-reg provided emails get flagged as spam far more often than any other provider. Just an all round poor… Read Full Review

123Regonline's Response to TermovAccs's Review

Written on: 27/01/2014

Good Afternoon, My name is Karra I work here at 123-Reg.
I've come across your post and would like to help you directly and discuss this further. Can you give me a support ticket ID so I can search your account and investigate this further for you?

Regards

“Glitches, Server Problems and Very Poor Delivery of...”

Written on: 23/01/2014 by JKConsultancy (1 review written)

Shocking! I have experienced problems at least once a month with 123 Reg, and every single day I use my email it goes slow or kicks me out - regardless of the device I use. Today I've spent an entire day without access to my email which means I've lost an entire day's wage. The frequency of problems with 123 Reg determines the very poor quality of service you receive. What's the point in having friendly customer service staff if the service is fundamentally flawed with such poor service… Read Full Review

“Making Cancellation Impossible”

Written on: 23/01/2014

123 Reg hosted my web services for a couple of years. I recently tried to cancel all services and found it almost impossible to cancel!! Logged in to control panel and found no options to terminate. Sent in a support ticket and the next day got an email saying can't cancel "phone us to verify your security details"???? WHY WOULD THEY NEED THIS WHEN i HAVE LOGGED IN TO SEND A TICKET? Phone took 35mins to get through then cut off! Logged in and got chat support. Asked to cancel and was told… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/01/2014

Good Afternoon, my name is Karra, I work here at 123-Reg.

I would like to confirm the reason for having to contact our support is to ensure there is no unwanted loss of data as well as making sure security is passed and confirmed we are speaking to the account holder.

If you require any further assistance I will be more than happy to help if you can just confirm a Ticket ID I can look into this for you.

Regards,

Karra

“Not fit for purpose”

Written on: 14/01/2014

123-reg freely admit, and indeed state in their terms, that they cannot be relied upon to renew your domains. So, if you have any domains of value, please do not register them with 123-reg. This is because: * Randomly, they do not send reminders that a domain is due to expire * Randomly, they do not renew domains on auto-renew They simply cannot be trusted to do the two simple things required of a domain registrar which is to keep a domain safe and renew it as asked. This has happened… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/01/2014

Good Afternoon, My name is Karra I work here at 123- Reg.

I have come across your post and would like to look into this further, could you confirm a Ticket ID or Domain name to allow me to investigate into this?

Karra

“Hopeless”

Written on: 04/01/2014

I have many concerns re this company: I have 4 domains - despite paying for renewal the company suspended 2 of them and then repeatedly tried to take money from my direct debit - only sorted after multiple complaints and referal to ICANN If you set up hosting online through the secure login then to cancel it you must phone customer support and be left on hold for ages - I had to resort to stating that if they took money for a service I did not want or ask for then I would consider it theft -… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/01/2014

Good Afternoon, My name is Karra, I work here at 123-Reg.

I've come across your post and would like to help you directly and discuss this further. Could you please send across your details to me so I can look into this for you.

Regards

“Ill-configured, messy and hidden charges everywhere.”

Written on: 21/12/2013

123-reg is the absolute worst company I've ever had the displeasure of wrestling with. Hosting is terribly configured, the control panel is incredibly confusing, support is very very slow and pretty terrible, tried charging £10 per subdomain (more than the price of a domain and somethings thats normally completely free with other hosts). An absolute joke, avoid like the plague… Read Full Review

123-reg.co.uk