Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet Extreme 1.6 VVT 115 Reviews

• Reliability

Media Gallery for Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet Extreme 1.6 VVT 115

Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet Extreme 1.6 VVT 115
Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet Extreme 1.6 VVT 115

“Bought used megane convertible 42000 miles 1 owner,...”

Written on: 13/10/2010 by silver 222 (1 review written)

Bought used megane convertible 42000 miles 1 owner, for £5000 3 weeks ago. the car was immaculate and drove lovely. then it rained.the car was parked outside my workplace and when i came out to go home the seat was soaked. got home and found leak coming from top of window where it meets the roof. reported back to garage where bought and they said they would book it into renault to fix for me the following week. in the mean time we had a fair bit of rain and i was still using it and noticed… Read Full Review

Mimiel1976's Response to silver 222's Review

Written on: 20/08/2012

I bought a used Megane CC last summer and brrought it to my country in Africa. it was driven lovely till the day my batterie went flat and I removed it for about 24h for charging and when they put it back, the roof stopped working and after that is the central locking which stopped working as well.and at the moment the boot can not close properly. and in my country there is not a Renault garage which can help. no garage has got the proper diagnostic tools for this car. so I dont know what to do. now, i'm desperately looking for diagnostic tools myself which can help mecanics overthere to know wht has gone wrong
so if you can help me pls dont hesitate. i'm in London for one month

Wilou's Response to silver 222's Review

Written on: 19/05/2013

SNAP.
I was stupid enough to buy a used Megane convertible on Ebay 2 weeks ago and I don't want it for a 3rd week..
The trader told me it was 100% dry and I got it with a full years Mot for £1,750.
Both me and my wife got a flight from Edinburgh to Birmingham and picked up the car.
Its a lovely 53 reg metallic blue 2 litre Dynamic with all the toys.
As we were driving the 300 miles home the heavens opened and we got soaked.
Its rained quite a bit since then and the car is flooded inside and the seats are not usable due to being water logged.
Please tell me the magic cure and I'll be eternally grateful but in the mean time DON'T BUY A RENAULT PANORAMIC CONVERTIBLE.

“I went mad for a Megane CC, bought one, I love it. I...”

Written on: 30/10/2009

I went mad for a Megane CC, bought one, I love it. I looked at every internet site, at the problem's etc. I even went to a Renualt Garage and asked for answers to the many questions, I had seen on many sites.
Even the dreaded leaking roof, the answer I got on that one was. You NEVER part a CC on a path or curb uneven, with the roof down. As it bends the body, and when the roof is returned to its proper postion, it never goes back straight and your window seals are out of line with roof. That… Read Full Review

“I am really pleased with my Renault Megane Coupe...”

Written on: 16/08/2009

I am really pleased with my Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet Extreme 1.6, all my friends like to go out in it. Its just perfect for summer… Read Full Review

“Bought the Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet Extreme 1.6...”

Written on: 22/03/2009 by janice1965 (1 review written)

Bought the Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet Extreme 1.6 VVT 115 may 06 a 53 plate, had endless problems but I still love the car. First the clutch pedal completely sheared off the rod just after 4months but warrant paid 500 bill. Had to replace timing belt at 5 years old although only done 42k miles but wouldnt take risk of damage 300 bill. Handbrake failed dad fixed it cable had come out due to tension of rear disc! Then dad was away and the hand brake went again, garage said caliper had to be… Read Full Review

Cabby's Response to 449333_janice1965's Review

Written on: 07/07/2010

I found this review very helpful because...I pick up my 08 plate one on Friday. I will be printing off all reviews prior to collecting car, and letting them know that I WILL be returning the car if I have ANY issues.
<br/>Its still got a years warranty and it is newer than most on the reviews, so fingers crossed....

“Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet Dynamique 1.9DTi ”

Written on: 10/12/2007 by michelle30 (1 review written)

Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet Dynamique 1.9DTi

If anyone else has had a problem with the roof imploding and completely shattering could you please let me know! I have a Megane Coupe-Cab year 2005 which I thought was a pretty good buy up until now!! Whilst on the motorway a couple of days ago and driving at speed I might add, I suddenly heard the loudest POP and BANG I have ever herd in my life. Once I finally raised my head from what sounded like a gun shot or bomb, I looked up to raining… Read Full Review

Jsamuel's Response to michelle30's Review

Written on: 27/08/2008

With reference to Michelle comment about your glass roof imploding, I have had the same experience with my Renault Megane coupe cabriolet's glass roof, which had suddenly imploded without any reason. In my case, this is the second time it's happened in seven months. The first time it happened, I had just gotten into the car, turned on the ignition and BANG!!! The back windscreen imploded. Like Michelle's, it was a loud bang and there was no one in the vicinity (not an external force as Renault will like to have customer believe). On that occasion, I was very mystified by the whole thing but went ahead to replace the windscreen, without any assistance from Renault.
<br/>
<br/>The second time, like the first, I had just gotten into the car, started the engine when I heard the big BANG! This time, the top panoramic glass roof had just imploded. As you may have guessed, the Renault refused to accept responsibility and said it was not a design problem and implied that the scattered glass may have been due to some external factor. They even acted like the problem was unique to me and that I was trying to make up stories to get the repair carried out free of charge, which was even worse then the roof scattering.
<br/>
<br/>I thought their customer service was shambolic and it is safe to say I will not be buying another Renault car ever again. If you have had similar problem with your car, it'll be great to hear about your experience and perhaps the service you received.

Pompey58's Response to michelle30's Review

Written on: 03/12/2008

I also had my panoramic roof imploded, I had got into car and I drove about 600mts, I was doing about 2 miles an hour, I was pulling into lay by near shops I heard a loud bang, and some glass fell from the roof, I looked up and the glass roof imploded up, the glass was sticking up some had fallen in 2 the car, I pulled the sun screen across and drove it slowly back home. The RAC came out has I did not think it was safe 2 drive 2 my local Seward ' s. The RAC taped the glass down, so I could drive it 2 stewards (Portsmouth) they eventually said something or some one had done it. Because the roof was taped down 2 water proof it has the left it outside for 5 days in torrentially rain, so when the Seward expert looked at the car most of the glass had fallen into car. So I have got 2 go through my insurers company, at least they are going 2 send someone to check the car over. I only bought the car have new on the 28/08/2008.

“My Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet Extreme 1.6 VVT 115...”

Written on: 11/10/2006 by Meldrew (8 reviews written)

My Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet Extreme 1.6 VVT 115 is an excellent little car with a touch of class. It took me a while to work out all the electronics! Mine is the Privilege version and the keyless entry a real bonus.

I read a lot of reviews before buying, and most said it tended to be a bit sluggish. I found it quite quick but obviously it's not a GT! It's one of the best cars I have owned, give one a try!… Read Full Review

“Overall, the Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet Extreme...”

Written on: 14/09/2006 by Anjie (1 review written)

Overall, the Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet Extreme 1.6 VVT 115 looks great but I think I've been very unlucky having bought one of the first delivered into the UK. The number of problems I have had may not reflect others' experience so don't be put off. It is a great second family car as the kids love the ride. Having said that, the car is not particularly quick so if you are looking for a sports car experience, it's probably not for you… Read Full Review

“The car was bought in June 2004, and is a Megane CC...”

Written on: 22/02/2006 by minibezza (4 reviews written)

The car was bought in June 2004, and is a Megane CC Dynamique (not Extreme) 1.6 VVT 115 with the (£900) 4-speed automatic. It is rather slow with this 'box, however.
On the good side, it looks great, especially roof down, which takes only 22 seconds and you only have to press one switch! Always draws a crowd.
The car is very comfy and fairly economical, however the backseat is unsuitable apart from short journeys. Think of it as extra bootspace, as it shrinks by about half when you drop the… Read Full Review