Citroen 2CV6 Dolly Reviews

Citroen 2CV6 Dolly - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Citroen 2CV6 Dolly

Citroen 2CV6 Dolly
Citroen 2CV6 Dolly

“I bought one of these as my first car - and still have...”

Written on: 22/02/2007 by amphibiousflyer (1 review written)

I bought one of these as my first car - and still have it 21 yrs later. It has been from the Arctic circle to the Sahara Desert and into Asia. Unburstable engines in all conditions.

I own cars from v6 tuned sports cars to glorious classics. Yet still the 2CV is the most fun car to drive.

A concept from the 30's produced till the 90's. Not many cars can claim that… Read Full Review

“From the first moment of forward motion you will fall...”

Written on: 25/11/2006 by Mark Savory (1 review written)

From the first moment of forward motion you will fall in love with this beautiful masterpiece of French engineering. A smooth ride that can take you anywhere that any modern car can go. The difference is that you put a smile on other people's faces in the process. There are fewer of these cars on the road now so it is easily spotted in a busy car park!
Driving one of these cars makes you a better driver, you are aware of the idiotic behaviour of others and have to drive to make allowances… Read Full Review

“The Citroen 2CV6 Dolly is a car that can still be...”

Written on: 23/09/2006 by dollydreamer (1 review written)

The Citroen 2CV6 Dolly is a car that can still be bought very cheaply. Minimal maintenance each year will reward you with many many hours of fun driving. This really is the drive of your life and if you have not already been seduced by the effortless charm of the 2CV, then do it now while you can!

It's a brilliant car that people admire and appreciate. Makes me smile that each day it is appreciating in value. Roomy and quite capable of transporting 4 people in comfort. Have just come back… Read Full Review

“The Citroen 2cv6 Dolly was probably designed for every...”

Written on: 26/04/2006 by ragsybaby1 (1 review written)

The Citroen 2cv6 Dolly was probably designed for every one as it can suit every lifestyle and brings out different sides to peoples personality. I can't wait to drive it… Read Full Review

“I have bought one of the Citroen 2CV6 Dolly cars for...”

Written on: 25/04/2006 by carcrittick (1 review written)

I have bought one of the Citroen 2CV6 Dolly cars for my long suffering girlfriend but once my car broke down I borrowed it for a week.

At first I was embarresed to get in the beast but after driving it I have really come to appriciate the car. It is so unique. I have since painted flowers on the side and turn peoples heads every time I ratlle past. I am comming to enjoy another side of my personality one that enjoys a gentle slow ride and flowers.

Go out and buy one and realise you potential… Read Full Review

“I think that when the Dolly car was designed it was...”

Written on: 21/01/2006 by bobby jiminy (1 review written)

I think that when the Dolly car was designed it was great and everyone loved it but it's past its sell by date, and even though car dealers would like this type of vehicle I do not feel that it's suitable for the world of today, as it so modern and hi-tech, it wouldn't fit in… Read Full Review

Ivan1890's Response to 226387_bobby jiminy's Review

Written on: 24/03/2006

I LOVE this car and I like your humour. This car was made in the last few years when car manufacturers cared about style (not wind tunnels) and some of them were willing to be different even with everyday cars. Citroen were one of the greatest (possibly THE greatest) and sadly I have only seen this model on the road twice over the last six months. (Remember also the amazing 'Safari' and 'Pallas?' - WOW!) Five years ago not a week went by without me seeing a Dolly. A friend of mine once drove me home from college in one of these and I recall screaming to him (hopefully just above the roar of the engine) for assurance that something was not about to blow up. "Don't worry," he replied. "It's a small engine run by rubber bands. Everything's just fine!" Like most manufacturers Citroen have now 'bottled out' of making attractive stylish cars so please treasure your piece of history or sell it to a keen enthusiast. It is a gem!

“Ok so maybe a 2cv is not a City car seeing as how it...”

Written on: 03/11/2001 by YanMcVan. (1 review written)

Ok so maybe a 2cv is not a City car seeing as how it was originally designed for French Farmers but I love threading my way through the traffic of Birmingham where its feeble power is not noticed so much. Suprisingly, you can hurtle along at 70mph as long as there are no hills and the fantastic air-cooled engine can cope with pretty much anything you throw at it. Designed in the 1930's and I'm still driving it today! In preference to my Subaru Impreza!

The most fun you can have without losing… Read Full Review

150483_Dan006's Response to YanMcVan.'s Review

Written on: 08/05/2004

Hi there I am Dan fow,
<br>what a great review on this 2cv6. I think it is quite a valuble car even though the break horse power is a bit low.

Ieuanfawr's Response to YanMcVan.'s Review

Written on: 22/05/2006

I had a 2CV Dyane 6 for about 8 years, and agree with your comments. I loved driving around France in it as you were assumed to be a native until the viewer noticed the UK plates or the steering wheel was on "l'autre côté".
I never recall heating being a problem provided the muffler was put on over the grill. The hot air came straight off the exhausts and it was only seconds before the demister was active. The trouble was, it was weighted towards the passenger side as it was never converted to RHD.
It was definitely way of life, and it was great to slide the seats out for a picnic or to roll the roof back to transport a wardrobe or giant flat-pack from IKEA. However, greater efficiency, reliability and safety, lower maintenance (those king pins!) and a quieter journey is easily affordable today, though the astonishing comfortable ride still takes some beating. It's a shame that there isn't really a modern day equivalent.

Gbinaz53's Response to YanMcVan.'s Review

Written on: 04/02/2005

The review and your comment are right on target! I drive a 2CV6 Club (bright red for visibility) over country roads all summer and receive constant comments and curiosity. But we completed a 2000-mile trip in 2004 across 6 US states, several mountain ranges (including the Rockies) with no problems. Clipping along at 60+ mph was no problem. The 2CV is greatly underrated (except for power) and lives up to its nickname of "not so much a car as a way of life."