Suzuki SJ50QT Reviews

Suzuki SJ50QT - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Suzuki SJ50QT

Suzuki SJ50QT
Suzuki SJ50QT

“Reliable, quick, grunty, sturdy and cheap”

Written on: 14/02/2013

I think i am the third owner of my sj50qt. Never had a problem with it, had it for 3 years. Very cheap on fuel, tank lasts ages! Always starts, even after leaving it alone over the winter. I thrash it too, still remains intact. I weigh 85kg and it still manages to haul me up hills and can reach 65kmh on flat. I've had friends crash it and it comes out unscathed. Perfect for getting around town. Would definitely recommend to a friend or anyone buying a scooter!… Read Full Review

“Unreliable SJ50QT Scooter”

Written on: 20/11/2011

I have owned my 2005 Suzuki SJ50QT for over 1 year now and i have had nothing but trouble with it. I am the 3rd owner and in the time ive had it, i have done 2500 trouble filled k's on it. I do not thrash the scooter, i ride it carefully and always get it serviced. The problems i have been experiencing include everything from a broken speedo drive gear, to bogging down and cutting out while riding and at 7000km, even a busted oil pump and seized engine. The scooter will randomly bog down or cut… Read Full Review

“My wee scooter has just passed 9500 km after nearly...”

Written on: 06/05/2011

My wee scooter has just passed 9500 km after nearly three years. I would unhesitatedly recommend it to anyone who was on the flat or who didnt mind slower speed on steeper hills. Totally reliable starting. I would like a slightly stronger headlight especially at full position as I have to ride curved unlit roads some nights. Also with what is politely called a fuller figure a broader seat might be more comfortable.. but, what the hell, I am 75 in two months and as an oldster I am very very… Read Full Review

“The Suzuki SJ50QT is very well built compared to other...”

Written on: 23/04/2009

The Suzuki SJ50QT is very well built compared to other scooters, seat could be designed better [ broader as I am a retired person and seek greater bum comfort]
Loads of locker room, Good lights and control switches, I found the gearing ratio excellent for a 50cc and good torque in all ranges. Silencer should be designed to split open laterally to provide access for de -carbonising… Read Full Review

“My Suzuki SJ50 has just clocked 20 000 km and its...”

Written on: 10/08/2008

My Suzuki SJ50 has just clocked 20 000 km and its still going strong Its still quite modern looking in comparison to todays bikes. Very reliable, starts first pop. Heaps of room in console (and has one) Very comfortable on long trips - I do 30 km a day, 6 days a week, and surprisingly economical… Read Full Review

“Goes and Goes, Is comfortable on longer trips and with...”

Written on: 05/03/2008

Goes and Goes, Is comfortable on longer trips and with a top box fitted to the back I am yet to run out of room. Also it is quite zippy off the line making it safer at intersections. Build quality I think is very good at least compared to a friends 'Honda Today' bought for $300 more when new. Would definitely get a Suzuki again. This has been an outstanding little go horse… Read Full Review

“Suzuki SJ50QT Scooter ”

Written on: 24/08/2005 by gianstrabo (2 reviews written)

Suzuki SJ50QT Scooter

I have now covered over 1900kms on my 2005 model Sj50Qt Suzuki scooter. It has been mostly reliable starting every time, with only one instance where I needed to kick start it. The little engine is rated at 2.94kw which is not bad for a 50cc engine really. Power is good through the lower gears of the auto transmission, however top end speed and power lack, unless you have some serious revs going, especially up longer hills where your speed will drop significantly. It… Read Full Review

Commissarhunt's Response to gianstrabo's Review

Written on: 26/08/2007

Hi there, Do you still have your scooter? If so how about an update about how it is now some time has passes? I just bought one new, have done 250kms on it so far.
<br/>
<br/>Can you tell me, is the transmission actually sealed? On Yamaha Jogs one can undo a drain bolt and fill bolt and change the oil ones self. But with the SJ50 there appears to be nothing like that anywhere on it.

Ma573R0Fwar's Response to gianstrabo's Review

Written on: 03/11/2010

Hi there. Just wondering how you drained your Oil tank in order to put your own oil in? I have a Suzuki SJ50QT also that is in the shop getting the Piston and Pistons rings replaced as it partially seized. I would like to change the oil in mine to some better, fully synthetic oil but i dont know how. Is there a drain bolt somewhere? How do i get to it if there is?
<br/>