Brandt CO27GWLU Reviews

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Brandt CO27GWLU - Ask a question now

“I have had a similar experience with my Brandt...”

Written on: 24/02/2006 by dillthedog (1 review written)

I have had a similar experience with my Brandt CO27GWLU fridge freezer to the earlier reviewers. The machine has failed again. There's no point in a repair as we have no confidence in the unit, and we would just be waiting for 'the next time', and wondering how much frozen food we'd lose… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to dillthedog's Review

Written on: 24/02/2006

dillthedog......you sound somewhat less than enchanted with that dog of a fridge-freezer. Perhaps you should change your username to Fridgefreezerthedog!
Seriously though, I see that canine's price on Kelkoo is £428!! I really wonder what's supposed to be so special about it for that price as I see many quite large ones of other makes for as little as £180 around town.
I really would be interested to know what's so special for £428.

Dillthedog's Response to dillthedog's Review

Written on: 27/02/2006

We inherited the Brandt when we moved into our house in October. Almost immediately it started to play up with the freezer contents partially defrosting. I dismantled and cleaned everything I could find and left unplugged to defrost for 3 days (which should, theoretically, be unnecessary). I plugged it in and the freezer dropped to -23C so I was happy. It lasted 4 months before failing again. A compressor failure this time at a guess. I looked at the manual and noticed that the previous owner had called them out for repair on a couple of occassions. So approx. 4 failures in a 4 year old appliance. Then I had a look on the web and found it is not held in very high regard. I too was astonished when I found out how expensive it is, for what it is.
One thing I'm not clear on is whether it's designed to be a built-in unit, or just so happens to be small enough to fit into a built-in cupboard. Anyway, I can't risk losing another freezer full so I've ordered a Bosch KIM29473GB for 518GBP and free delivery from B&Q's DIY Warehouse and hopefully I'll have better luck with this one.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I bought my Brandt fridge freezer in Jan 2003. Just...”

Written on: 15/08/2005 by bluerabbit (1 review written)

I bought my Brandt fridge freezer in Jan 2003. Just over 2 years later my third appliance has broken down and can't be repaired. Apparently there isn't enough ventilation to keep the motor cool.

All this would be fine, except that it took Brandt's engineers 7 visits and 2 replacement appliances to figure out. Now that they have identified the problem, they want nothing more to do with it, despite it being them who installed the last 2 appliances. In the meantime we've lost 3 freezers-worth… Read Full Review