Mitac Mio 269 Reviews

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Mitac Mio 269 - Ask a question now

Mitac Mio 269

“I bought my Mitac Mio 269 in May 2005 (~300GBP)....”

Written on: 06/05/2008

I bought my Mitac Mio 269 in May 2005 (~300GBP). Recently I applied all the new patches, only to find none of my old maps will work anymore (no warning on site). Anyway in the MIO e-shop you can now no longer buy the Western EU or US map and MIO effectively say it is unsupported. As I feel a bit agrieved to buy a new system, I have simply downloaded the maps & new software off the internet (naughty me). What spares I can buy for the 269 are not cheap and include a ' 20 shipping fee even on the… Read Full Review

Mitac Mio 269

“If you want to be told which non-existent turns to...”

Written on: 23/03/2007 by alienx (1 review written)

If you want to be told which non-existent turns to take to fall 500 metres to the rocks below on the approach road to the Mont Blanc Tunnel, buy one.

If you want to be taken 3 times around Navarra, Italy, buy one.

If you want a message that there is no GPS signal from the French Alps through to London, buy one.

If you want to be told to U turn on an Autostrade and once having got the car facing the opposite direction only to be told to U turn again, buy one.

In fact, buy one and get… Read Full Review

Mitac Mio 269

“Absolutely made up with value for money for the Mio 269. ”

Written on: 10/03/2006 by Steveclecy (1 review written)

Absolutely made up with value for money for the Mio 269.
£168 from local Halfords (which is relocating),included in the price was an upgrade for the 2005 mapping. Aall I had to do was fax or e-mail a scanned image of my receipt to their web site, three days later the DVD arrived. Took about five minutes calculating a route from NW England to an individual address in France!… Read Full Review

Mitac Mio 269

“I bought the Mio 268 at Easy Devices.co.uk and I think...”

Written on: 10/02/2006 by Faustino (3 reviews written)

I bought the Mio 268 at Easy Devices.co.uk and I think it's amazing for the price I paid. Like other GPS systems I've owned previously there are roads missing from the map. But as I said, this also happened with my previous TomTom setup. It's just the way it is... no SatNav systems have 100% coverage.
I like the size and shape of the device and it is a lot easier to use on foot than the TomTom GO (which won't fit into any pocket that I know of).
I also like the fact that I can play my MP3 files… Read Full Review

230537_Burner's Response to Faustino's Review

Written on: 18/02/2006

I bought my mio 268 about 4 months ago, and liked it straight away. Its size and shape is far superior to the Tom Tom, and yes, the mapping was a little bit out of date but there is a new dowload at the Mio website plus a newer operating system upgrade. Well worth the small investment and a joy to use, every day. You will not want to go out without it. Big thumbs up from me.

Mitac Mio 269

“I bought this navigation system I think its Mio 168....”

Written on: 26/01/2006 by ksjassal (1 review written)

I bought this navigation system I think its Mio 168. It's a waste of time and money. Please do not buy this one. Its software is many many years old. New roundabouts, flyovers and under passes and new motorways have been there for over 5 years. But this one does not see it. Many times I was instructed to turn in to NO ENTRY. Not recommended to any one. In simple English. Its a waste, a total waste… Read Full Review

Mitac Mio 269

“I have had trouble with both of the Mio's I have...”

Written on: 03/01/2006 by jamesc3 (6 reviews written)

I have had trouble with both of the Mio's I have obtained. I would not recommend this product and would advise anyone wishing to purchase a Satellite navigation to buy a Tom Tom and be done with looking.
Buy at your own risk I say!!!… Read Full Review

Mitac Mio 269

“Bought this to help me with work travelling and it's...”

Written on: 15/08/2005 by Perlogalism (2 reviews written)

Bought this to help me with work travelling and it's pretty good for the price I paid (£400). The unit is neat and seems well built but the software is a bit clunky. Full postcode searches are not possible although partial ones (BD23 9) are. It can therefore take some time to find your destination in the database if you don't know the exact address. There's a "points of interest" option that is useful though - allows things like, "find the nearest petrol station". Unfortunately it's not… Read Full Review