BMW R1200CL 1200 Reviews

BMW R1200CL 1200 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for BMW R1200CL 1200

BMW R1200CL 1200
BMW R1200CL 1200

“Awesome to look at, Awesome to ride, a pleasure to own”

Written on: 01/04/2013

I travelled to Swansea from j23 M6 2 days ago. To collect my BMW which I'd paid for but never seen a week earlier. The last time I rode a BMW (R 100) Was in 1990. I rode it back totally scaring myself almost all the way. The bike was the dealers top example when it was new, so has every extra. They all work, the finish is almost flawless (Eleven years old.) and it starts and runs like a dream bike. I will be hard on it with my review, as I am a perfectionist. The bike is very heavy, The low… Read Full Review

“Awesome bike”

Written on: 15/08/2012 by Xtrai (1 review written)

I bought the bike in April this year. When I saw the bike I just had to buy it. It's a 2002 model CL in excellent condition. Not having ridden a bike in a few years, it took a bit of getting used too, but managed to master its heavy handling at low speed after a short while. The bike handles well on the motorway and with the cruise control it's effortless driving and certainly saves on tired hands. My only gripe is the battery, which goes down after a few days due to the alarm. But after… Read Full Review

“You don't usually buy a bike like this for anything...”

Written on: 05/11/2010

You don't usually buy a bike like this for anything but its looks but the looks of this particular bike made it appealing for many practical reasons. It looks comfortable, roomy, protective in poor weather, fun, easy and stylish. The reality however is gawling because it looks so good it's hard to be honest about it. I found it to be no more comfy than my MG Cali, even for my pillion passenger. Despite the cavernous looking panniers, they're so full of pointless lining, awkward corners and a… Read Full Review

“Last July I found this beemer at an estate on...”

Written on: 19/03/2010

Last July I found this beemer at an estate on Vancouver Island, it was just too much bike for the elderly gentlemen. With a few days of acquaintance with the '03 - R1200CL and these nice folk it was the start to a memorable 1800 mile ride home. This bike proofed to be a sweet ride that turned more than one head. It brought a new meaning and appreciation of owning a six speed BMW with ABS and shaft drive from my earlier days on various motors that spanned from stick shift Harley's to Honda's… Read Full Review

“I have owned my BMW R1200CL 1200 for four years,...”

Written on: 26/06/2009 by John Thorn (1 review written)

I have owned my BMW R1200CL 1200 for four years, during which time I have covered 17000 miles( summer weekends mostly).
Plush suspension and generous sized seats make it a great two-up mile muncher. It is, by far, the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. My wife agrees.
Although marketed as a cruiser, the built in luggage arrangements hold enough to do serious touring.
Low speed handling is a little bit ponderous, but once on the move handling is excellent. I have ridden some other big… Read Full Review

“Had my BMW R1200CL 1 year now been around france with...”

Written on: 12/03/2009 by leejay2507 (2 reviews written)

Had my BMW R1200CL 1 year now been around france with the wife found it very comfy and easy to ride. comfartable ride with one or two up. Head turner. good lights in the dark. surprisingly good on back roads.
Just got to be careful when doing tight turns or going slow in traffic. heavy at slow speed, pain charging the battery, top speed relatively slow.
still a joy to ride.

“The best BMW bike I've owned yet, and I have had a few!”

Written on: 30/07/2007 by lonelywolf (1 review written)

The best BMW bike I've owned yet, and I have had a few!… Read Full Review

“I absolutely love this bike despite bad reviews I have...”

Written on: 15/02/2006 by QRS2 (1 review written)

I absolutely love this bike despite bad reviews I have read. My review is somewhat narrow since the only bike I have ever owned is a BMW R1200CL....but for my purposes this bike has served me well. I have not had any problems with the battery(It gets hooked to a BMW trickle charger when not riding), or any mechanical functions on the bike, BMW service and warranty is excellent. Once you learn to ride this bike and know and feel its capabilites...there is no substitute (just my opinon… Read Full Review

“This is the R 1200C Avantguarde, which is a stunning...”

Written on: 08/02/2006 by SQUIRRELS (1 review written)

This is the R 1200C Avantguarde, which is a stunning looker. The ride quality and engineering are absolutely outstanding. It is typical of German build quality and attention to detail. ABS, puncture repair kit and immobiliser as standard, with "cigarette lighter" outlet for easy battery charging. Only complaint was the tail light cluster kept fracturing under stress, but to BMW's credit they have replaced it every time without hesitation. They have also redesigned the fitting to hopefully… Read Full Review

“My BMW R1200CL 1200 motorbike is the German equivalent...”

Written on: 10/08/2005 by F R Campbell (1 review written)

My BMW R1200CL 1200 motorbike is the German equivalent of a Goldwing.
I have only had this bike for 4 months, and the battery has gone flat 3 times. BMW have been very helpful.
It has nice a sitting position for long distance riding, and is very stable, and surprisingly nimble on back roads… Read Full Review

Ebrooks's Response to 205616_F R Campbell's Review

Written on: 28/07/2006

The review lacks detail regarding the battery problem, so I will give some general comments:
<br/>
<br/>The battery is the most common cause (or indicator) of electrical problems.
<br/>
<br/>If it keeps going flat it is either:
<br/>1. A bad battery, which is simple, replace it;
<br/>
<br/>2. A bad charging system, which then needs diagnosis, whether it is the generator/alternator, or the regulator.
<br/>
<br/>I always start with the battery, since it is simple to test it. I won&#039;t get into testing, you can go on the net and find very helpful sites explaining how.