Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (XBox) Reviews

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

Summary

Find reviews of Pro Evolution Soccer 5 here on Review Centre. This footballing dynasty has been a big hit with Xbox users and fans are now eager to sample the delights of the fifth installment of the series. If you have played Pro Evolution Soccer 5 on the Xbox then share your post match analysis with us here on Review Centre by writing a review of the game. Review Centre also brings you the very best deals on Pro Evo 5 through our price comparison table which allows you to find the cheapest prices being offered by our affiliate partners.
Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (XBox) - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (XBox)

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (XBox)

“Pro Evolution Soccer 5 is a good game, I think the...”

Written on: 25/02/2008 by supercgoodie (1 review written)

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 is a good game, I think the graphics are great considering its competitors for the Xbox, infact the only bad think i can say about this pes 5 is I dont like the change of names. Well Recommended!… Read Full Review

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (XBox)

“Great game easy to upgrade instead of buying pro Evo 6...”

Written on: 05/01/2008

Great game easy to upgrade instead of buying pro Evo 6 or 2008… Read Full Review

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (XBox)

“I was a true Fifa nut before I tried this. I can't...”

Written on: 14/09/2006 by stuarty (1 review written)

I was a true Fifa nut before I tried this. I can't believe I wasted my money on Fifa games. I won't make that mistake again. This game isn't easy, but it is realistic… Read Full Review

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (XBox)

“I am a huge fan of the Pro Evolution Soccer series....”

Written on: 28/02/2006 by davelouden (8 reviews written)

I am a huge fan of the Pro Evolution Soccer series. However, Pro Evolution Soccer 5 is a huge step back from PES4! If players such as Drogba Crespo Lampard and Robben having a tragic first touch and the speed of a snail, is better realism, then give me the old unrealistic games back again. This game is atrocious, and I fail to see how people like Robben and Duff in the game are unable to out pace anyone once the ball is at their feet!… Read Full Review

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (XBox)

“For me Pro Evolution Soccer 4 was like driving a...”

Written on: 18/11/2005 by Mazymeach (7 reviews written)

For me Pro Evolution Soccer 4 was like driving a Ferrari on an open motorway with no speed limit. However, Pro Evolution Soccer 5 is like driving a 50 ton artic truck in the pouring rain with dodgy tyres and no windscreen wipers !
I so much wanted this game to be good and I've tried to play even when I've vowed never to do so again and in my eyes this game is poor.
Yes Yes we've all played PES4 to death and wanted a new challenge but the challenge we face is of making a decent pass or trying… Read Full Review

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (XBox)

“I've always been a fan of the WE/PES series of soccer...”

Written on: 16/11/2005 by willowgenius (4 reviews written)

I've always been a fan of the WE/PES series of soccer games. I own Pro Evolution Soccer 4 for the XBox, and I must have played a 1000+ games on it. More than 90% of them being multiplayer with my friends. PES4 is extremely good, but at times I felt that the game is too fast, and you don't have even a second to think. You should keep moving and passing the ball as soon as you get it. You had time only for actions and not much for decisions. That's why even the formations, I think, did not play a… Read Full Review

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (XBox)

“I've now been playing Pro Evolution Soccer 5 since it...”

Written on: 14/11/2005 by Mazymeach (7 reviews written)

I've now been playing Pro Evolution Soccer 5 since it came out and am now ready to this game an honest rewiew.
At first I thought " Lets give it time and I should get to grips with the different gameplay" but I'm as disappointed now as I was then ! Pro Evo have taken a huge step backwards and turned this into a Fifa game !
I can believe how poor the players touch and passing is and the whole 'feel' of the game has change.
The only good part of this game is the 'Live' option which allows you and… Read Full Review

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (XBox)

“Pro Evolution Soccer 5 for the XBox is fun to play...”

Written on: 02/09/2005 by AAcoolH (7 reviews written)

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 for the XBox is fun to play with friends, but other than that a waste of money… Read Full Review

Salamanda's Response to AAcoolH's Review

Written on: 20/09/2005

Totally uninformed nonsense of a review from someone that has not even played the game. PES is universally recognised as the greatest soccer sim around, with far, far more poise, finesse and panache than FIFA or it's other arcade clones. Those that are considering PES 5 only need to read the initial wave of rave reviews of this game together with it's Japanese precursor Winning Eleven 9 to appreciate the landmark title that Pro Evolution Soccer 5 really is. FIFA fanboys need to spend more time learning the alphabet and leave true gaming to those that recognise quality and enterprise.

213788_Jimbot101's Response to AAcoolH's Review

Written on: 14/10/2005

This Guy does not know what he is on about, the review was added on the 2nd of september, which means he has never played the game as it is to be released on the 2nd of october. Fifa 2006 is rubbish and is not FOOTBALL but for chavs who do not play pro evo cos it does not have the real names. This review is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH