Reebok Sports Club, London Reviews

Reebok Sports Club, London - Ask a question now

“Best Gym in London”

Written on: 16/06/2014 by AminaSmith (1 review written)

This place is not just a gym but a complete fitness center. It is a world of endless possibilities and you get the best of fitness trainers, nutritional diet advice, flexible class timings, a spa to relax and a restaurant to eat. The gym is packed with a large number of the latest workout equipments. The staff at the club is very approachable and are always happy to help, which adds another positive point to the place. I don't think you can find a better place to workout in London than the… Read Full Review

Reebok Sports Club, London

“Terrible gym with the most terrible staff ”

Written on: 07/05/2014 by Tabitha400 (1 review written)

What can i say, terrible, unhelpful staff, instead of improving the gym machines they made it more awful than before. There are always broken machines, always its like they do it on purpose. For the amount of money i am paying i would rather exercise in other gyms around. Anyways i gave the gym my cancellation notice today because i've had enough from this gym. Trust me i am not saying this because of personal matters or anything i am saying this because i regret every penny that gym took from… Read Full Review

Xoxoxo's Comment

I agree, staff sucks!

John Penny's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2014

Dear Tabitha400,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at the club. We really make an effort to maintain our machines well and work with our team to provide a good friendly service, so this is disappointing to hear.

Perhaps if you could contact me at a time convenient, I would be happy to talk through all of the issues you describe to ensure that our team can make any necessary improvements for the enjoyment of all our members.

John Penny

Reebok Sports Club, London

“Great Facility, Staff & Food”

Written on: 04/03/2014 by smounsey (1 review written)

I'm not normally one to write these pages but I do feel strongly that the Club has been misrepresented by others. I have been a member on and off since its inception and have witnessed firsthand a multitude of changes and improvements. Overall I do not think there is a better start to the day than the Reebok. Where else can you get in at 0530, do pretty much whatever you want to do (climb from 0700), have general staff or personal trainers on hand, finish up, shower with towels provided… Read Full Review

“The mothership”

Written on: 17/01/2014

It really is the mothership! It's massive, but it has a personal feeling to it. It's my livingroom and I spend so much time there. All the staff from housekeeping up to management is so friendly and helpful. Any concerns I've had has been promptly addressed and corrected. The facilities are clean, and well maintained. The locker rooms are amazing after the refurbishment. Feels like a spa! The classes and instructors are fantastic! It would be really great to see more strength training… Read Full Review

“Incredible Gym”

Written on: 26/09/2013

I joined Reebok having just started work in Canary Wharf recently. Its a huge gym with pool, Spa etc. Wasn't sure at first as it just seems so big that I thought you wouldn't get noticed- but everyone was really friendly and welcoming. The price is at the top end but its worth every Penny. This is not grimey little gym with broken machines. So far I've had a consultation and tried the Fight Club and Boxing classes -absolutely excellent. The Spa is also lovely. I would recommend to anyone… Read Full Review

Reebok Sports Club, London

“Love fitness, love life, try Reebok”

Written on: 09/08/2013 by eleonora (1 review written)

Clean, spacious and friendly staff to make you feel very welcome. There is a huge range in weights, classes and professional fitness coaches and instructors to help with motivation technique and encouragement while you are working under their supervision. I felt confident with my workout as they have help me to develop healthy fitness habit by their extensive knowledge and skill in a sports field. I loved my personalised power plates session and climbing wall. After long workout I would chill… Read Full Review

Reebok Sports Club, London

“Worst Gym EVER ... HORRIBLE STAFF”

Written on: 06/06/2013 by MsHaye (1 review written)

Forget the fact that its overcrowded ... What I'm most appalled by is the manager attitude ... Why is this disrespectful person working in customer service when she has no respect or manners !! Is this what I'm paying money for? I'm FUMING !! I did not like NOTHING about this gym… Read Full Review

Rbkgm's Response to MsHaye's Review

Written on: 11/07/2013

Hi,

I am sorry to hear of your experience. Please may I ask that you contact me at your convenience in order I can discuss the occurrence with you and listen to what happened.

This in turn will help me to put anything right if possible and aid with any future team training as needed.

John
MD
Reebok Club

Xoxoxo's Response to MsHaye's Review

Written on: 31/05/2014

Yes, staff is so unhelpful! Really rude at times! Used to be nice.

Reebok Sports Club, London

“Big gym, small staff and bad management.”

Written on: 26/02/2013 by Suez12 (1 review written)

This gym looks great but that doesn't matter as its so over populated and if you are not a regular gym user no one comes help you as there all just standing at the fitness desk! I have been going there for years! And I kid you not there has only been 4 staff to ever talk to me and two of them are new and don't think they will stay long as staff change quicker the the members. The biggest issues with reebok is that the staff look unhappy and unapproachable apart from one manager out of serval… Read Full Review

Alexb77's Response to Suez12's Review

Written on: 07/05/2014

I definitely agree with the staff you named they are the most helpful and friendly and no one else..its true staff do change faster than members.

Xoxoxo's Response to Suez12's Review

Written on: 31/05/2014

Oh, that fitness coach is rude. She along with many others.

Reebok Sports Club, London

“Getting worse every year, changing rooms stink,...”

Written on: 08/02/2013 by digiways (1 review written)

Reebok used to be a great gym, I go there for about 6 years, but unfortunately the changing rooms / showers are getting worse every year, while the gym is getting overcrowded making it almost impossible to train during the peak hours. There's pretty much no air conditioning in the changing rooms, they stink dump mixed with all the aerosol sprays that members use excessively. Instead of installing proper ventilation, Reebok added more sprays under the mirrors that spray some stinky chemicals in… Read Full Review

Londoncharlie's Response to digiways's Review

Written on: 10/02/2013

Good to hear a recent review...having been a former member who quit about 1 year ago due to a bad injury prohibiting working out , I had been considering re-joining. However I suspect that the gym is wildly over subscribed now which has put me off. The staff seem to be down in the shopping mall constantly these days trying to recruit even more new members...all about the money now sadly for what was once a great gym

Rbkgm's reply to Londoncharlie's Comment

Written on: 18/02/2013

Dear Digiway/Londoncharlie,

I am sorry to hear about the experiences you have had. We do take all feedback very seriously and rest assurred i will take it on board and action accordingly.I have also provided some updates/responses on your comments-

1-Our showers and changing areas are maintained and cleaned to a high standard-i know as i complete the audits myself and we always strive to improve. I will investigate further your comments regarding improving air circulation-the air freshners we provide are fairly standrad and are on timers so are not constant. May i also advise that we are shortly embarking on a full refurbishment of the changing area later this year/next year so our members will have an excllent new area.

2-I have weighed myself on the three scales in the men's locker room this morning and they all read the same amount. These are servcied perioidically so if they do vary we can action ASAP.

3-Our member numbers are actually fewer than last year and we have considerably less members than we did 5 years ago so we are not in any way 'widely subscribed'. Our annual promotions in January are no different than we have been doing for the past 9 years and are common with what all clubs do when our prospects are focussed on starting a new fitness routine in the New Year.

4-We have recently fully reburbished our Spa, are currently refurbishing our Restaurant, have invested in new fitness equipment on level 4 and will shortly be refurbishing the whole club. I hope this demonstrates how we are continually investing in our facility and servcies for our members and it is not 'all about the money'.

5-I train myself during peak time to monitor ease of using equipment and have never had such rude experiences from our members. Most are happy to share so this suprises me, but i suppose can happen. Our fitness team can provide you with alternative exercises or if members are particualrly rude please point them out and we will address, as this is not the conduct we expect.

If you would like to disucss any of my responses privately i would be happy to meet and run through, as i wish all of our members/ex members to have a pleasant experience at the club.

0207 970 0900

Reebok Sports Club, London

“I used to love Reebok i have been a member since 2009...”

Written on: 16/10/2012

I used to love Reebok i have been a member since 2009 however things are changed the gym gets really busy, there is only a few good people left. All new ,, personals trainers'' have no respect to other members, their attitude is just wrong and they behave like they own the gym. Shame it used to be amazing in there… Read Full Review

Digiways's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2013

So true. I used to love Reebok, but unfortunately it's getting worse every year.

Written on: 18/02/2013

Dear Digiway/Other User

Thank you for your responses and to the prior comments supplied.

Can i suggest that we meet to run through your concerns/comments?

We have many new fantastic team members/servcies and Personal Trainers. We also have some exciting developments on the horizon that i would love to update you with.

Manging Director
0207 970 0919

Reebok Sports Club, London

“Overpriced overcrowded with poor staff”

Written on: 15/05/2012 by AHiggins (1 review written)

When I joined three years ago Reebok was fine, equipment was in good shape and classes were decent. They have now taken on so many members that you will wait ages for machines, they only have three decent instructors and if you don't show up at least ten minutes before these instructors' class expect not to get in, pool is packed at all hours of the day and you will pay over 100 quid a month for this privilege. And it doesn't have any other clubs so you always have to go to the wharf. Am… Read Full Review

Rbkgm's Response to AHiggins's Review

Written on: 17/05/2012

Dear A Higgins,

I am sorry to hear of your review and experience and would welcome the oppportunity to resolve this with you.

We do not take these reviews lightly and i will be doing everything i can to ensure we improve our service and facility offering to our members.

I will feedback your comments to our Group Exercise Manager regarding our instructors but would be grateful if you could contact me to disucss further so i can accurately deal with the specifics.

Just to keep you updated on some recent club developments,

1-The Pool area has been refurbished and we have a new filtration system making the clarity of the water some of the best in London.

2-We have added the following new gymnaium equipment-

6 Additional Treadmills
Entire new dumbells and re-designed free weights area
New Versa Climber
Additonal 4 new Watt Bike Pros

Kind regards,

Reebok Sports Club London

Digiways's Response to AHiggins's Review

Written on: 08/02/2013

It's even more overcrowded this year, I'm thinking of changing my membership to weekend only as it's almost impossible to train in the evening. Unfortunately Reebok doesn't educate their members on the training etiquette, most are totally unwilling to share even during the peak hours.

Reebok Sports Club, London

“I recently cancelled my membership to join the nearby...”

Written on: 19/10/2011 by Celia40uk (1 review written)

I had been a loyal reebok sports club member for years because it was also so near my work place, but they have recently just been focusing on getting more and more members rather than improving the quality of the club and its services. So in a short time I experienced some bad things about the club which made me look around to find there is a virgin health club nearby which I have now joined and its quite brilliant. the things that made me run from here are as follows! 1. Smelly bathrooms in… Read Full Review

Rbkgm's Response to Celia40uk's Review

Written on: 03/01/2012

Dear Celia40uk,

Thank you for your feedback. We are grateful for your custom when you were a member and obviously sad you are not with us anymore.

1-I will feedback your comments to our Housekeeping Team, although we have regular cleansing of our drainage system so would hope there would be no issues with odour.

2-I am sorry to hear about your Spa experience. I would be happy for you to come in an have have a waxing treatment on us to show you our team are well trained and normally have excellent feedback. If interested please contact me.

3-We have had to build quite an extensive Zumba program due to the immense popularity of the concept. Unlike other clubs we actually use a specific Zumba company to teach the classes guaranteeing the best instructors on offer. These classes have been far more demanded than the traditional aerobics classes, although we do have some great new class concepts as well as existing favorires on the new timetable. Please have a look and feel free to visit us again if you wish to try out.

Kind regards,

Reebok Sports Club London

Guest's Response to Celia40uk's Review

Written on: 15/05/2012

this is a crazy review. I am a member of reebok and they have the BEST ZUMBA CLASSES in town. Zumba at Reebok is run by Akile Alexander's Zumba by Latin Vibes instructors. People join the gym because of Akile! I love this gym and I am convinced now that people are leaving poor reviews all around gyms in the city due to some cynical competition or etc. madness

Reebok Sports Club, London

“I have been a member since 2004 and cannot fault the...”

Written on: 16/06/2011 by ssafr (1 review written)

I have been a member since 2004 and cannot fault the service and facilities at this club especially well maintained and clean. Its a a bit expensive but to be fair its a top end club and you get what you paid for… Read Full Review

Reebok Sports Club, London

“I think the gym is not bad if you have your company...”

Written on: 04/04/2011

I think the gym is not bad if you have your company subsidising the fee, if I had to pay the full fee then I would probably not be going as I find it quite expensive for what you get. The staff in the locker rooms is not friendly at all and the spa is awful. I've stopped going to the spa as all the treatments are very expensive but the quality so bad.... There are way better spas in London, this one just takes advantage that it's close to work for most people who work in canary wharf… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/04/2011

<br/>Dear Guest,
<br/>
<br/>I do apologise that your experience at our Spa was not up to your standard. We would love to meet with you to discuss what happened and our Spa manager would be happy to do this.
<br/>
<br/>Please feel free to contact the club Gneeral Manager on 0207 970 0900 at your convenience.
<br/>Regards,

Reebok Sports Club, London

“I 've been going to the Reebok gym for six months now,...”

Written on: 08/03/2011

I 've been going to the Reebok gym for six months now, my overall impresion is that it's a good gym but its starting to get very very busy. Male changing rooms are quite old and not clean at all (this used to be what maked the difference vs. the other gyms in the area) moreover I normally have to wait to get a shower if I go during lunch time.

With regards to the equipment I think its quite good as well as the staff, I've never had a problem with any of them, being all very nice and… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/04/2011

Dear Guest,
<br/>
<br/>Thank you for your comment and kind words about the club. We do consider our changing rooms to be clean and in excellent working order so are dispointed to hear this feedback.
<br/>
<br/>We would be very happy to discuss this further in order to get more detailed feedback and improve where possible.
<br/>
<br/>Please look out for a new combat/boxing zone being developed later in 2011. I'm sure you will love it!
<br/>Reebok GM.

Reebok Sports Club, London

“Some of these reviews really annoy me. I've been going...”

Written on: 10/02/2011

Some of these reviews really annoy me. I've been going to Reebok for over a year and I've never experienced anything but an exceptional gym. All the staff have always been friendly and helpful. I left my water bottle out once and the housekeeper in the ladies locker room had put it away and returned it to me. It's never too full to do what you need and has a brilliant range of classes. It IS clean and if people can't read the terms and conditions properly when they sign up then it's their… Read Full Review

Reebok Sports Club, London

“Hmmm this reminds me of the friends episode when they...”

Written on: 03/02/2011

Hmmm this reminds me of the friends episode when they won't let you resign.

I handed in my resignation in writing which due to their incompetent administration promptly lost, they have now set the debt collectors on me and ruined my credit rating.

Beware… Read Full Review

Reebok Sports Club, London

“I first joined this club 4 years ago and have been a...”

Written on: 17/12/2010

I first joined this club 4 years ago and have been a member off and on. I have read a few reviews on here where I think there is some misunderstanding regarding the contract. There is no contract but they require you cancel before the 5th date of a month and what happens then is that you still have to pay for the coming month, say you cancel your membership on the 1st of august, then you will only pay for august, and not september. At least this is what I have always done without any issues… Read Full Review

Celia40Uk's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2011

i'm not sure if you know BUT they have a 12 pound chargin fee for freeze you really should keep an eye on your bank statements :)

Reebok Sports Club, London

“The Reebok gym has an excellent selection of free...”

Written on: 03/09/2010 by Gymfreak (3 reviews written)

The Reebok gym has an excellent selection of free weights, machines and cardio equipment, decent boxing equipment, full length pool, climbing wall and basketball court along with lots of space for stretching and yet it only gets two stars and fails to make the grade.
I have used all three of the main gyms in Canary Wharf (Virgin Active, LA Fitness along with Reebok) and this is the least user friendly gym in the area.

Negatives:
Staff are cold and not helpful
Poor gym management (right to the… Read Full Review

Rbkgm's Response to Gymfreak's Review

Written on: 30/09/2010

<br/>Dear sir,
<br/>
<br/>Thank you for your review.
<br/>
<br/>We will strive to improve on all the areas you have mentioned. If you would like to contact me, i would be happy to meet and discuss in further detail.
<br/>
<br/>What i would like to add is that we do conduct a leaving questionnaire for all members leaving our club. We ask them to score us from 0-10 in terms of how highly they would recommend us to a friend; with 0 being the lowest score and 10 being the highest. From up to 400 members who leave every month, our average score is 8.8. Should you also want to read some other comments about the club please visit our member testimonial section of the club at,
<br/>http://www.reebokclub.co.uk/content/pages.aspx?ID=156

Reebok Sports Club, London

“Reebok Club. Used to be good but has gone down hill in...”

Written on: 21/08/2010

Reebok Club. Used to be good but has gone down hill in the past 18 months or so. But saying that the instructors Darina, John, Magda, Greg particularly are excellent and there is plenty of equipment. The problem is with the support staff; I have heard the receptionists insulting members and engaging in arguments, it is not as clean as it was and you will be lucky to get a locker, get in the sauna at times because the staff are in there. In the pool there are men hanging around and not doing much… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/10/2010

Dear Guest,
<br/>
<br/>Thank you for your comments about the club.
<br/>
<br/>We will strive to improve of course where possible and Jon, Darina and some new excellent teachers are still here teaching strong!
<br/>
<br/>I thought i would update you on some new developments in the club just in case you were not aware,
<br/>
<br/>We installed over 40 pieces of new gymnasium equipment this year, refubished the female showers and are about to do the men's showers shortly. We also shortly plan to further replace strength equipment in the new year-it should look fantastic.
<br/>
<br/>We also have many new class concepts in the studios including, Bollywood, Zumba, Warrior Workout, Move like Michael Jackson and many more. I'm sure you would enjoy them.
<br/>
<br/>If you would like to discuss any issues with me further, please feel free to contact me at the club.