The Goose, Britwell Salome Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Goose, Britwell Salome - Ask a question now

“Delightful location, welcoming and gleaming-clean...”

Written on: 28/05/2010

Delightful location, welcoming and gleaming-clean character ex country-pub environment, indoor and outdoor tables. Excellent value, sparkling service, and the dishes ordered were all carefully prepared to our choice by first class chef. We shall return… Read Full Review

“New chef, great food and exemplary service.”

Written on: 15/05/2010

New chef, great food and exemplary service… Read Full Review

“Diverse rang of local foods being used on the menu. A...”

Written on: 12/10/2007 by ashleyspencer (1 review written)

Diverse rang of local foods being used on the menu. A good atmosphere… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Having heard so much about the Goose in Oxfordshire, I...”

Written on: 17/10/2005 by Flunkie (1 review written)

Having heard so much about the Goose in Oxfordshire, I was overjoyed to look forward to a birthday/Sunday lunch there yesterday.

How disappointing to find the beef almost stone cold on arrival, and when I asked for a fresh one, I got the same one back, micro-waved hot plates and all, that was passed-off as a fresh one! The staff even said it had not been re-heated, but the slice I had tried was evident, along with frazzled Yorkshire pudding.

It eventually re-surfaced as an undercooked couple… Read Full Review

Stephenwaters's Response to Flunkie's Review

Written on: 14/07/2006

the goose has been sold and is due to reopen july 2006 with new chef manager menu and the rest. dont let these terrible reviews put you off - the new interior looks pretty good.

“The Goose is my favourite restaurant in the Country. I...”

Written on: 06/08/2005 by Stanley12 (1 review written)

The Goose is my favourite restaurant in the Country. I have been visiting since they reopened in 2003, and I can honestly say it is always worth the trip.
My wife and I live in Bristol, and keep coming to the Goose at every opportunity.
The food is always excellent, and the staff are so friendly. They always remember us, and ask about our family!!!
This place is a little goldmine, and when it won a Michelin star this year, we were so happy for the managers and all the team, as it showed… Read Full Review