Kuala Lumpur, Rennaisance Hotel Reviews

Kuala Lumpur, Rennaisance Hotel - Ask a question now

“General Comments ”

Written on: 29/11/2005 by moff7 (7 reviews written)

General Comments
The Rennaisance Hotel is in Kuala Lumpa but I think it has some around Malaysia. From the moment I stepped out of the taxi I knew I'd like it. The food was beautiful, breakfast was the best all the selection was great, it was clean, the staff were welcoming, area is great if you want peace & quite or if you want a bit of a tourist attraction the doorman will call you a taxi & you can look around the city, the kids will love it as it has a loveley pool I was shocked when I got… Read Full Review

254304_Ozredman's Response to moff7's Review

Written on: 07/08/2006

I travel a lot and have stayed in more hotels through SE Asia than I care to remember. This hotel was okay - not the best (that belongs to the Oriental Mandarin at a much higher price). I stayed in the New World wing which seems to be a bit confusing - two hotels in one?
<br/>The room was ok but not great. The smelt musty which is not unusual in SE Asian countries but unacceptable for 4+ star hotels.
<br/>The shower was one of those curtain across the bath affairs which I hate. The bath stepdown to the floor after was higher than what I&#039;d call safe and would be a hazard for smaller people.
<br/>The bedside control was something from the Starship Enterprise and seemed to do most things competently but I couldn&#039;t adjust the room temperature from anything other than freezing!
<br/>The breakfast restaurant was probably better than anything I&#039;ve eaten anywhere ever which is a big statement because I&#039;m critical of some of the overcooked, limited offerings I&#039;ve suffered in other parts of the world.
<br/>The view from my room was okay but it looked directly at the Petronas Towers which are quite awesome so that was a real compensation.
<br/>The concierge staff were great and un-Malaysian friendly - the reception staff were okay.
<br/>The drive from the front door to the road by taxi can take 5 minutes as you navigate around the side, back, side, front (again) and out to the road. I actually had a meter reading above flagfall before the trip started!!
<br/>Overall, 7 out of 10. Yes, I&#039;d probably consider it for next time.

“The Rennaisance Hotel is in Kuala Lumpa but I think it...”

Written on: 05/08/2005 by lauren evans (1 review written)

The Rennaisance Hotel is in Kuala Lumpa but I think it has some around the Malaysia. From the moment I stepped out of the taxi I knew I'd like it. The food was beautiful, breakfast was the best all the selection was great, it was clean, the staff were welcoming, area is great if you want peace & quite or if you want a bit of a tourist attraction the doorman will call you a taxi & u can look around the city, the kids will love it as it has a loveley pool I was shocked when I got there it was… Read Full Review