Thomson Cruises, Thomson Destiny Reviews

Thomson Cruises, Thomson Destiny - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Thomson Cruises, Thomson Destiny

Thomson Cruises, Thomson Destiny
Thomson Cruises, Thomson Destiny

“Review of Thomson Cruises, Thomson Destiny”

Written on: 06/08/2011 by Bexley5 (4 reviews written)

This was our first cruise, and overall the holiday was excellent we all had a fanastic time, after hearing reviews of cruising we went with an open mind and found the destiny to be an overall sucess, the entertainment, the service, food and staff were all very brilliant and made the holiday even better. The inside cabin was very tiny and not a lot of space, in future references from my expereince i will upgrade next time but to their advantage they were always very clean and the house keeping… Read Full Review

“this was our very first cruise and everything about it...”

Written on: 09/02/2011

this was our very first cruise and everything about it was out of this world staff were fantastic could not do enough 4 u we treated like kings food and drinks were fantastic so much so we have booked 2 go back on the ship 4 new year 2011 cannot wait… Read Full Review

“It was our first cruise and after reading some bad...”

Written on: 02/02/2011

It was our first cruise and after reading some bad reviews we were aprehensive and went with an open mind!! it was fantastic the food the staff the whole experience was great. the trips were a bit overpriced and you could do your own for much cheaper and better, would deffo do another with thompsom they are very well organised… Read Full Review

“We didn't like the Destiny at all! We had a cruise...”

Written on: 20/11/2010 by marta pimm (1 review written)

We didn't like the Destiny at all! We had a cruise last year on the Thomson Spirit which we really enjoyed. The dining areas were lovely, the food was excellent and the entertainment was first class. That is why we decided to do another Thomson cruise but it will be the last one we take. The enterainment was not good at all - we've had better at Pontins at much cheaper price! The self service 'restuarant' was cold and not very welcoming. The drinks were ridiculously priced, £7 for a glass… Read Full Review

“We were first time cruisers and we had a fantastic...”

Written on: 27/10/2010

We were first time cruisers and we had a fantastic holiday. We went on holiday on the Destiny with an open mind (after reading some of the reviews). Yes the Destiny is an old ship, but is kept immaculately clean. Staff, food, entertainment, all excellent. We found the passengers on board very friendly and all up for a good time. The destinations were all excellent, we took some trips which were very well organised, and we felt were worth the money. We really enjoyed Captains night, most people… Read Full Review

“The Thomson destiny disaster cruise. We decided to...”

Written on: 25/10/2010 by michael manning (1 review written)

The Thomson destiny disaster cruise. We decided to book one of the deluxe balcony suites, on the island escape after booking 10 months in advance we were looking very much forward to the cruise for 8 and a half months. 1st thing that went wrong was a thomson agent phoned saying our ship had been recalled for refubishment and we had the choice to change to the destiny (sailing the same time we had booked off work) or our money back, hobsons choice really. We were promised priority checkin by… Read Full Review

Lorraineanddougy's Response to michael manning's Review

Written on: 09/03/2011

We also will be avoiding Thomson like the plague!!! First cruise (Caribbean 26 Dec - 9 Jan 11). Never again, the Destiny needs to be scrapped! I have written reviews on other sites - I hope they help other people make the right decision to stay well away from Thomsons. We, along with several other people we met onboard, were sold our 2 week cruise as being Child Free - it wasn't!!! It was child free for week 1 but not week 2. I booked directly with Thomson Rep on the phone and she kept saying how lovely it would be as there would be no kids. Not once did she say this would only be for the FIRST WEEK!!!! We had a great holiday due to the destinations and the people we me on board. Our cabin stewards Katya & Freddy were fantastic, and often made us laugh with their little jokes they played on us.

“We had a great holiday aboard the Destiny cruise ship....”

Written on: 15/10/2010 by sguthrie (1 review written)

We had a great holiday aboard the Destiny cruise ship. This is our third cruise and cannot fault Thomson ships at all. Every member of staff were very friendly and helpful. The entertainment was fabulous and special thanks for a great time to Paul and Dave who entertained us every day. Food was great. Only fault was cabins a bit small but adequate as only sleeping in them. Would recommend this ship for a couples holiday as well as families. Noticed that kids were all so well looked after… Read Full Review

“This was our first cruise and it will not be our last....”

Written on: 27/08/2010

This was our first cruise and it will not be our last. The ship is dated and tired looking but, the amazing crew make up for all that. The food is fine and the entertainment can be great to so-so. the big problem is the cabin... tiny, though very clean and house keeping are stars. The locations are spot on mostly.. Livorno was like going to Bootle Docks..however it did lead to Florence. The reception had maps if you weren't using their trips.. very helpful. We loved the cruise and were sorry to… Read Full Review

“As a first time cruiser with my family, as i was a...”

Written on: 15/07/2010

As a first time cruiser with my family, as i was a little apprehensive about taking 3 children (7,4 & 1) on board a ship, where their entertainment would be limited.
Though having just returned from sailing aboard the thompson destiny, my apprehension was unfounded. The cabin was extremely comfortable, and cleaned twice daily. The food was excellent and plenty of variety for fussy children, in all restaurants.
The staff were friendly and made a fuss of my children, and making animals out of… Read Full Review

“This was our first cruise and really did not know what...”

Written on: 10/07/2010

This was our first cruise and really did not know what to expect. it was for our 25th wedding anniversary and was looking for something a bit different. We had the time of our lives. Probably the best holiday ever.I don't usually do reviews but I was compelled to let others know what is on offer here.This must be the friendliest crew and the happiest bunch of holiday makers I have had the pleasure to meet. We are both well traveled and have done a number of holidays all over the world so please… Read Full Review

Geneology's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2010

I found this review very helpful because...we are going on her for 1st time 16-30october 2010 and its our silver wedding ann too..

Irenich's Comment

Written on: 10/03/2011

I found this review very helpful because...we have booked to go on this ship in May 2011 (this will be our 1st cruise) and this review has really put the doubts right out of my mind, after reading a lot of negative reviews, thankyou very much.

Perth123's Comment

Written on: 29/10/2010

I am go to the Caribbean with Destiny in December and I booked at the last minute a few days ago. I am now worried about engine noise as I think I have an outside cabin on Deck 2. I am a very light sleeper and I am going on my own but from this review I expect not to be lonely.

“just returned from a stay and cruise wot a fantistic...”

Written on: 22/06/2010

just returned from a stay and cruise wot a fantistic holiday we had celebrating my husbands 40th birthday. were glad we stayed at the hotel the 1st week even though it was brilliant our 2nd week on the destiny was second to none. as 1st time cruisers we didnt know what to expect and we wernt dissappointed the staff food and entertainment were fabulous.we would like to thank you all aboard the destiny and shall see you all in the very near future… Read Full Review

“Our 2nd trip on the Destiny and we loved it. Same...”

Written on: 20/06/2010

Our 2nd trip on the Destiny and we loved it. Same service as last time, just a little dissapointed with the shows and the comedian. Apart from that the service & food was superb. The ship was spotlessly clean.Sunbeds were always taken with people putting towels on for the day, but you get that in all hotels too… Read Full Review

“This was my first cruise on the Thomson Destiny and it...”

Written on: 19/06/2010

This was my first cruise on the Thomson Destiny and it has been my best holiday ever. I had read reviews and was a little concerned but I needn't have been. The ship and ALL of it's staff were absolutely brilliant. The food I couldn't fault. You could eat in the restaurant or the lido and the food in either places was excellent and food was availble almost 24hrs a day!
The entertainment on board day & night was of a high standard, there were a number of bars you could relax in and provided… Read Full Review

“We have just returned from a weeks cruise on Thomson...”

Written on: 13/06/2010

We have just returned from a weeks cruise on Thomson destiny on the Mediterranean renaissance cruise and did not enjoy it as we had not 1 nights solid sleep due to the intrusive engine noise and vibration .The crew ( very friendly ) and food and cleanliness was excellent as was the condition of the cabin ,the ship seems to centre all of its service on the seven seas restaurant ,and the rest looked after themselves .I never saw 1 photographer in or on the other areas except were diners in the… Read Full Review

Berti51's Comment

Written on: 15/06/2010

I found this review very helpful because...we also suffered the same fate as these people. we where on deck 3, didnt sleep at all the first night had to waer ear plugs to try and get any sleep.

Mandy Prenton's Comment

Written on: 03/08/2010

I found this review not helpful because on these old fantastic ships you learn with age and paying more is the best.
<br/>I have been on six ships owned by Thompsons over the years and our family of 4 did sleep low down on deck 3 but we didn't complain it was fun and it's what you make it.
<br/>You don't sleep below deck 3 unless you have paid a cheaper price or young and not bothered.
<br/>These ships are old and you should have asked about noise when booking and if you only pay low cost thats what you get and you shouldn't complain. Looking forward to another cruise in August on The Destiny with good food and great company and dancing and not sat in our room complainig.M

Ladybank's Comment

Written on: 19/06/2010

I found this review helpful because...
<br/>I am thinking of cancelling my booking on the Dream and changing to Destiny, maybe I should look for an alternative to Thomsons, not getting good vibes!!!

“Thomson Destiny May 2010 - Jewels of the Med ”

Written on: 06/06/2010

Thomson Destiny May 2010 - Jewels of the Med
This was our first cruise and won't be our last! We are a family of 4 with 2 children aged 6 and 7 years. We have thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The ship was extremely well kept and clean plus a crew of helpful, friendly people. We had an inside cabin but managed fine with the space and layout, shower time was the most hectic but this only lasted an hour each evening. The housekeeping service never failed to deliver, each time we left our cabin… Read Full Review

“this was our first cruise and we have already booked...”

Written on: 02/06/2010 by burnsann (1 review written)

this was our first cruise and we have already booked for the thomsons destiny next year. Could not compliment staff enough, entertainment first class food okay. I have been reading some of the reviews from people who must have been on the same cruise as my husband and I and I am mistified to know where all their complaints came from, my conclusion is that some folk just love a good moan, I say to them, get a life… Read Full Review

Redwineguzzler's Response to burnsann's Review

Written on: 04/06/2010

Please can you tell me about the drinks package, apparently they have downgraded the all inclusive package, and I have since read reviews and spoken to thomsons that they have reverted back to the original package, is this the case?

“My wife and I have been on 3 different ships with...”

Written on: 27/05/2010

My wife and I have been on 3 different ships with thomsons.
The DESTINY Is perfect in everything exept for one thing.
The dinning area at LIDO was abserlutly freezing (no covers on the front of the ship) Even the staff were complaining, I filled the survay in.
I complained at Thomsons at home.(they gave me a phone no to complain and what did the girl say "was it cold weather or you should have asked the crew to close the tarpaulin.

“This was our first time on the Destiny...and our last!...”

Written on: 22/05/2010

This was our first time on the Destiny...and our last! It was dreadful. The entertainment was abysmal..poorly designed and staged shows with entertainers who couldn't even sing in tune!The All Inclusive package had changed the day we boarded, so was not what we had purchased. (Breach of Contract? )..and working it out we certainly did NOT have value for money but Thomsons did averaging at leat £70 profit from us alone! Besides that there were too few staff on board especially drinks… Read Full Review

John8703's Comment

Written on: 25/05/2010

We were on the same cruise and we agree that the ship is past its sell by date but to say that the entertainment was poor is ridiculous. If the person that wrote the comments had been on any other cruises they would realise that Thomsons ships have the best entertainment. The entertainment staff on this cruise were the most talented that we have ever seen and they worked tirelessly to get invloved with the passengers, after the show the dancers and singers were in the Oklahoma Bar and the Clipper Bar talking and dancing with people up to 1.00am.

“This was our first cruise, as others have mentioned...”

Written on: 17/05/2010

This was our first cruise, as others have mentioned the ship is a little dated, however we had a fantastic time. The staff are helpful and freindly, the food was excellent.
I am not a fan of shows but my wife went to see many of them and said they were very good, the entertainment on deck was good considering they have to appeal to a wide age range and there are enough places on the deck away from the entertainment if you wish.
Overall exelent holiday and would go again… Read Full Review

“I have just returned from the desting having been on...”

Written on: 09/05/2010

I have just returned from the desting having been on it several times before. What a disappointment. All inclusive drinks package is a sham. There are supplements for almost everything and they are watered down as well as given in tiny glasses full of ice cubes. What a joke the all inclusive package ghas become since changing from 1st May 2010. Do not buy one as it will still cost you a fortune with all the supplements, even tea, coffee, soft drinks as well as most alcoholic drinks. The… Read Full Review