Cadet Direct All Arms Assault Vest Reviews

Cadet Direct All Arms Assault Vest - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Cadet Direct All Arms Assault Vest

Cadet Direct All Arms Assault Vest

“Ordered boots for my daughter. They showed on the...”

Written on: 10/09/2010

Ordered boots for my daughter. They showed on the webpage as normally dispatched within 24 hours. Placed the order and payment. Next day receeived an "order update" saying that they were out of stock and the boots would be unavailable for 2 - 3 weeks.

It cannot be too hard to keep a webshop stock list updated....can it?

Their inefficiency is a major inconvenience.

Let's see how long it takes for the refund to be processed!… Read Full Review

“As an ex Soldier with more than a few operational...”

Written on: 14/05/2010 by charliemoore (1 review written)

As an ex Soldier with more than a few operational tours under my belt I was extremely suprised on ringing Cadet Direct with a query that I was laughed at and even ridiculed. As a fairly large company I thought Cadet Direct would be helpful and I even spoke to the owner who introduced himself as James, and I explained to him that I wanted a Para belt in acertain large size and even though he could of just answered that they did not have them he laughed saying if I lost a bit of weight they would… Read Full Review

“i recently received my new DPM all arms assault vest...”

Written on: 05/12/2003 by Ironsight (7 reviews written)

i recently received my new DPM all arms assault vest from the god folks at Cadet Direct to use for my air cadet activities. this vest is brilliant! even has an internal holster for all size pistols! (if were ever allowed to use them!) it is secure and strong and a brilliant alternative to Soldier 95 PLCE Webbing!!! it easily carries three water bottles (58 pattern for those of you who know what that is), first aid kits, L85 A1 magazines, torches and any equipment u need, not to mention the two… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/12/2003

The L85 (would have thought an air cadet would use an L98)uses RG magazines, and A1 where did you get that from??

Deadeyedick's Response to Ironsight's Review

Written on: 27/01/2007

That's some good knowledge there.
<br/>
<br/>When on over night exercises it makes me laugh at how much kit cadets take. They have their burgans that weigh the same amount as a regular would take for a weeks exercise. Last overnight I went on I used a set of webbing, nothing more. I took the side pouch of a burgan and took off all of the ammunition pouches bar 1. That still left me with enough room for 4 magazines, even though the most I've ever had was 3. I had all my kit in my webbing. I travelled light, I used a French army hexi stove to save space, the New DPM basher, weight and room, a very small sleeping bag. I took only the chocolate, breakfast and dinner rat pak meals, biscuit fruits and enough sugar / tea for 2 brews. I used a camel pak for drinking water and one water bottle for cooking purposes. My trusty knife, sparking stick and hessian sack made sure that along with my zippo I had two ways of starting a fire. Everything else went in my combats. There's two whopping great pockets in the trousers and jacket. I was well set.

Written on: 22/08/2006

No there are 8 magazines for the SA80 A1 and A2 there are two new H+K magazines for the SA80 A2 one is for live rounds and the other is specifically for blank rounds.
<br/>Magazines include:
<br/>RG magazine
<br/>ACL magazine
<br/>Colt magazines in 20-30-50 round capacities.
<br/>Adventureline magazines
<br/>The Sterling Magazine
<br/>H+K Live magazine
<br/>H+K Blank magazine
<br/>C-Mag has 2 barrels either side ideal for use with LSW&#039;s capacity 100 rounds
<br/>extra info:
<br/>
<br/>Q: What is the SA80 A2 ?
<br/>A: This is the name given to the modified version of the Enfield Weapons System introduced in 1986.
<br/>Q: What has been modified ?
<br/>A: The following have been modified :
<br/>5. Recoil springs.
<br/>6. Extractor spring.
<br/>7. Firing pin.
<br/>8. Cocking handle.
<br/>9. Magazine. ( Replaced totally with H+K all steel version.)
<br/>10. Gas plug and cylinder.
<br/>11. Hammer.
<br/>12. Barrel extention. (LSW.)
<br/>13. Barrel. (LSW.)
<br/>Not to mention the 6 L85 variants:
<br/>SA08 A1 + A2
<br/>LSW
<br/>Carbine with LSW foregrip Known as the SA80 A2K or L22 A1 (for tankies)
<br/>Carbine with LSW rear pistol grip
<br/>The Cadet GP
<br/>and the now non existant SA80 no.43
<br/>
<br/>absolutley nothing to do with assault vests but meh!

254620_Thebigb's Response to Ironsight's Review

Written on: 09/08/2006

I am currently a Corporal in the ATC, and have recently passed through into the Elite company, which specialises in F&mst/mft, whhatever you want to call it. In my two and a half years I have been flying twice, but done fieldcraft twice a week, almost everyweek. We have a Flight Sergeant in the RMR, who is currently teaching us some commando training. I have found that webbing is the cheapest, most cost efficient, best all rounder. However, the new webtex combat vest was thrilling. It is the most comfortable, has a belt, clings to the body. It&#039;s downside is lack of storage, but at least that forces you to travel light. Assault vests are worth the money, and if you simply look at most picture of Royal Marines, you will see at least half wearing them. I think we can all agree what not to buy, and that is South African Assault vest, made by viper.

Deadeyedick's Response to Ironsight's Review

Written on: 02/08/2006

These combat vests are way overrated by all cadets. Three of the Cadets in my contingant have them (all in the army section) and they get the mickey ripped out of them for it by other cadets and the ex serving officers. I am an Air Cadet and on an overnight these three were a part of a six man team trying to ambush me and my 5 other squad mates. I heard them 200m away closing clips and cocking rifles for their approach. I set my squad out in a concealed ambush position where we let them get to 100m away and fired upon them. (we had our officers with us to tell us when to fire and what not).
<br/>
As another cadet, let me tell you Iron sight, you may like your combat vest and it may work for you but it isn&#039;t any good for a real over night ex.
<br/>
And please use proper military terms if your going to use them. we go on excersises not operations, and to backup what was said a while ago there are two types of L85 magazine one was like cardboard and was useless and the new one made by colt is the same as used in an M16 and is far far better. As is the SA80-A2 now manufactured by Heckler and Koch it has had over 100 changes done to it and now performs much better even though most regular soldiers still find it inadequate. I for one would like to see the G36 used by our forces but as a foreign weapon the government would have a hissy fit if it were used.

Written on: 05/06/2006

Well... the cheapest and best place for any new and used surplus gear is www.flecktarn.co.uk whilst having issue PLCE vests for £89.50 they also do a fantastic range of special order buckshee from germany such as the Infantrist der Zukunft (IdZ) load systems (maybe only ideal for gooky enthusiasts not cadets). Oh just one more thing you are a bit of a lame soldier if you have an unloaded weapon on a 'night stalk'. Oh and another thing i agree cadets don't need their own nothing as it all comes supplied, bar the boots, yet it is up to them by using this review to choose weather or not a vest is for them. Oh and finally well done Farmer you actually are the first person who has actually mentioned that didn't realise until i checked it out myself, plus they sell some bad gear its all BCB or wyvern...

p.s. it just shows that the review was actually helpful.

The Farmer's Response to Ironsight's Review

Written on: 04/06/2006

Just 1 thing about cadet direct, it's a rip off even inner city shops who have high costs such as over heads to pay and rent etc can do a lot better and a lot cheaper deals places such as Callans of Liverpool or New cross army supplies of Manchester.
The actual vest itself is a good one but i would not buy it from cadet direct because it just rips young cadets off.

237546_Sepalous's Response to Ironsight's Review

Written on: 06/04/2006

For air cadets I believe that the assault vest is fine, however if your in any Army/Royal Marine cadet forces don't buy it's a waste of money.
Assault vests are only used in urban areas for fibula ect. Out in the field they are useless;
Reason 1: The vest as clips on all the pockets, therefore in the field on night stalks you can blatantly hear the click, click, click of pouches being done up from as 100m giving away you position.
Reason 2: Assault vests weighs you down as most assault vests do not feature belts. Therefore the weight is entirely on the shoulders. Furthermore vests constrict breathing due to the copious amount of straps across the torso.
Reason 3: Only retards wear vests, "Ah wowzers! a Pistol holder! I AM SAS!"
Don't buy.

Written on: 09/02/2005

Well what can I say. I'm not a serving man, and I dont think my record with cadets has any comparison to anyone serving. I'm just an enthusiast!

Written on: 09/02/2005

I agree that I was being a bit of a smart arse and it had nothing to do with the review itself. Though I think the point I was trying to make has been made.

T's Response to Ironsight's Review

Written on: 08/02/2005

Ironsight, you should learn when to wind your neck in a bit.
<br>
<br>Benjmills, I only got involved in this as I didn't like the way you were pulling rank and some of your comments to Ironsight were uncalled for. I would however agree that no cadet NEEDS an assult vest although I certainly wouldn't discourage one from buying one if they wanted one and could afford it. In addition if they are available from Cadet direct it would seem that the good folk at Frimley have no problem with them.
<br>
<br>For the record I am a currently serving Infantry officer. I personally do have an assault vest (albeit one made for me by a tailor) although there's absolutely nothing wrong with webbing

Written on: 07/02/2005

My thanks go out to blamonge23. Nice to know someone else noticed the flexibility! Webbing is all well and good but having used webbing for 4 years I chose the assault for 2 reasons. first, weight distribution leaving room for additional daysacks, second, accessibilty. You can't beat having everything up front when you need it. The giant interior pockets also solved the map storage issue!

Written on: 07/02/2005

All I was trying to say in my comments in this review is that once a soldier is able to custom make his own webbing. They don't choose to use the assault vest or anything that resembles it. It is not the webbing of choice but often the webbing of issue. Also that an Air Cadet doesn't need to spend his/her money on a first hand expensive piece of kit when their time in the field is extremely limited. Money is better spent on second hand PLCE.

Written on: 03/02/2005

Just to point out that the all-arms assault vest is not genuine issue but made by a company called wyvern. If you look at the news reports then you will see that 9 times out of ten and pictures of british soldiers will be wearing an assault vest. My view is exatly the same as the postee. assault vests are excellent peices of kit as you can carry loads of stuff in a comfortable and stable way.

T's Response to Ironsight's Review

Written on: 23/04/2004

"I have NEVER seen a regular soldier use it... EVER."
<br>
<br>Go to the MOD website. http://www.operations.mod.uk/telic/photo_gallery_general5.htm
<br>
<br>I'm sure Major General Lamb would be happy to disagree with your comment as would I.
<br>Yours aye
<br>T

Written on: 26/12/2003

why thankyou for that last bit, and i would like to appologies for spiting off the way i did, i know its uncalled for but hey, it happens. i actually used 95 PLCE DPM webbing for 3 years and it was very good. while i agree it is 10 times as cost effective, there are 3 reasons i changed. the first was the new roles i take as a flight sergeant, it suits me better. the second is that its easier to run and move about in, whilst still being able to carry everything. the third is that i hade to reinforce my webbing with 10 miles of paracord to stop the pouches falling off! i agree with everything you say, but the vest is better for me.

Written on: 23/12/2003

Well I doubt that you will be delighted to know but I am also an intructor with the 151 Army Cadet Unit in Kingston. The reason I disagree with you is that the assault vest is a lot of money and a child from the age of 13-18, would be wasting his or her money. PLCE webbing or even 95 DPM is more the enough, which you should be issued by your detachment anyway. A pleasure to argue with such a determined cadet! You'll go far!

Written on: 22/12/2003

You're still posting messages as if people care about your knowledge! not a good habit. if you dont want to read offensive reviews then dont bother to but in on my reveiw! The review for the assualt vest from cadet direct was a review for OTHER AIR CADETS! hense the place i got it from. other cadets may be interested so it may be nice to know what another cadet thinks, not what an EX royal green jacket thinks about us. i know what an operation is, and dispite air cadets not carrying out real operations, we enjoy adventures, so thats what weve come to know an operation as, a cadets adventure! I appreciate that you probably know more than me, but your ideology and thoughts aren't relevent in this catagory! i didnt review the jacket as a real military tool, I reviewed it as a cadets aid. you must see that. I'm not going to post any more counter comments because ive said enough, and I think you have too.

Written on: 22/12/2003

Air cadets dont go on operations. Operations means a tour of duty, in Bosnia for example. Also I am not getting in your business I am commenting on your review which other people will read. If you persist to be offencive I will inform the admin of this site and have you bared.

Written on: 19/12/2003

There are also people on this planet that have better things to do than try and butt in on air cadets issues in order to play clever dicks and satisfy themselves for being an ex royal green jacket. i have already used the jacket on six separate cadet operations so its been well worth it. my advice to you, instead of throwing around information which makes no difference to the issue, get a life!

Written on: 17/12/2003

I used to be in the Royal Green Jackets (Army no: 2512 4776). So I can say without any hesitation that your wrong! There are two types of magazines that the British Army use. The RG mag (if you look on the bottom of your magazine you will see the letters 'RG' on the release button) and the colt magazine (doesn't have a release button just a flat slide to open the magazine). L85 is the official name given to the SA80 not the magazines it uses. Also the assault vest, unless you are on operations, is a waste of money. If you can find it second hand then fair enough but I have NEVER seen a regular soldier use it... EVER. PS there are people on this planet that know more about rifles than an air cadet...lol

Written on: 15/12/2003

For a start, air cadets are not authorised to carry any kind of magazine on themselves outside a range, therefore this jacket would not be designed to carry L98 magazines specifically. secondly, l98 mags and L85 A1 mags are the same. third, A1 is the official denomination, like the L98 A1 cadet GP rifle. A1 is used to signify the generation, like the L81 A2 which is now in service. Forth, don't try and be such a smart ass unless you know your stuff.