Gamo Stutzen .177 Reviews

Gamo Stutzen .177 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gamo Stutzen .177

Gamo Stutzen .177
Gamo Stutzen .177

“I bought my Gamo Stutzen .22 caliber in June 2009. No...”

Written on: 04/05/2010

I bought my Gamo Stutzen .22 caliber in June 2009. No kidding. I have shot down about 500 birds, mainly doves, pigeons and wild ducks. I am in Africa and got permit to shoot these birds. Stutzen .22 is powered with 200m per second/12fpe standard. I use H&N Diabolo Baracuda 21.40 grains pellet, and is very accurate. People who have the chrono said that 11-12fpe/16 joules muzzle energy can give about 7-8fpe at 45 metres. I believe in this test because I could kill a big duck, about 3kgs weight… Read Full Review

“I have just gotten this rifle. It's not quite broken...”

Written on: 22/04/2008 by thepaladin (49 reviews written)

I have just gotten this rifle. It's not quite broken in yet, but it has already settled in pretty well. I may add anything new later, but for now this is a great rifle.

It's not a magnum rifle so anything much beyond squirrel or possibly rabbit it your comfortable you can get a head shot would be too much. Loading takes a little getting used to with a scope as the breach opens just in front of the scope.

I recommend this rifle highly… Read Full Review

“Nice in appearance and fun to shoot. Accuracy...”

Written on: 05/04/2008 by marko87 (1 review written)

Nice in appearance and fun to shoot. Accuracy however, is unsat. I've tried light ammo and heavy ammo of all shapes and sizes, but the gun I purchased will throw a flyer about every 4th shot. It will shoot fairly accurate with one pellet style one day and be totally out in left field the next with the same setup. I shoot from a bench with a scope. My gun is going on the auction block… Read Full Review

“First let me say that I know my air guns. ”

Written on: 19/07/2005 by BigShow (1 review written)

First let me say that I know my air guns.

I'v owned many guns like haenel, gamo and walther. I have had the Gamo Stutzen .177 air rifle for about five years now and I still use it a lot, (about 10.000 rounds so far) many say that it is expensive but look at it! (I paid 280€)

Firing: The gun is quite loud, which I like, but not everyone does. (huge bang!)

When using standard pellets (Gamo match, bulldog...) it is powerfull but nothing extraordinary, even gamo's magnum pellets feel a bit… Read Full Review

Duncan001's Response to BigShow's Review

Written on: 15/11/2005

First off all you know nothing about airguns. All the airguns that you've had are rubbish. You say that this is very powerful. This is irrelavent, they are all 12 ftp. Also it states in the gamo user manual that you cant put oil in the barrel so you deserve to have this broken. You also say that this is "very expensive" this is a dirt cheap gun and a terrible make, i started shooting with one of these and it is the worst peice of equiptment i had ever touched. If you want quality, try what i have now, a Logun Axor-that is quality-this is not.

Ozzie222's Response to BigShow's Review

Written on: 16/01/2008

I recently bought one (late 2007) in Spain for a mate in the UK.
<br/>(Probably one of the last as I believe they have been discontinued) The Spanish version is more powerful than the 12fpe British ones - but probably less than the 18 fpe limit here in Spain as it is about 900fps rather than 1000fps you need to reach the 18fpe with a .177.
<br/>
<br/>You are paying extra for the full wood stock in this rifle ....
<br/>
<br/>As i am a keen centrefire rifle shooter (20+ rifles) was keen to try it out.... Tried a few brands of pellets and was reasonably impressed .....with tinkering with different brands you will have a air rifle with the look and feel of a 'real' gun....
<br/>
<br/>If you can still find one new (old stock) ...or good 2nd hand ...you wouldn't be disappointed.....

Derekmm's Response to BigShow's Review

Written on: 21/12/2006

Duncan001 MUST be a real expert engineer/gunsmith to be able to confidently say that Haenal and Walther are rubbish!
<br/>The statement that all the guns mentioned are all 12fpe is equally not necessarily true. It depends on the market they are sold in, what the power limit is.
<br/>Re. the Stutzen; yes it is expensive compared to the other Gamos; surely this was the implication, not that it was expensive per se.
<br/>Why do we have all this price snobbery with our guns? Why not accept Gamos for what they are and that is excellent, accurate guns at reasonable prices and with care they will last a lifetime.
<br/>Sure it is nice to own a Rolex, but a £5 Casio keeps better time.
<br/>Horses for courses

Rugerman's Response to BigShow's Review

Written on: 14/12/2006

The Logun may be fine if you don't mind investing tons of money in support equipment. The Gamo is a great looking/shooting rifle for the money. I can stroll around the woods all day shooting pine cones, rodents or small game. A weeks worth of ammo will fit in a jacket pocket. Cheap shooting too. Logun? Overrated and over priced.

Patgreen123's Response to BigShow's Review

Written on: 25/05/2006

Well, some of us don't feel like spending $1000 for a pellet rifle just to shoot birds and squirrels with. IF you really want that kind of performance, go out and buy a real firearm and stop playing with toys.